The 1998 NFL Draft: A Look Back at the Epic Ryan Leaf Bust

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
He was a back up with Seahawks and Cowboys and it did not help him learn maturity

It's really a shame. I actually thought he showed some promise in that Thanksgiving Day game he started for us. I hate to see a man waste his talent. I honestly don't think he's a bad person. I've seen interviews with him about how he's worked hard of late to get his life together. Back then he was short on the maturity that he needed. I think of some of the dumb things I did back at that age and am not so certain that I would have handled it any better. I do hope he's able to have a good life now and get past all that stuff.

CowboysRock1980

Reaction score
It's really a shame. I actually thought he showed some promise in that Thanksgiving Day game he started for us. I hate to see a man waste his talent. I honestly don't think he's a bad person. I've seen interviews with him about how he's worked hard of late to get his life together. Back then he was short on the maturity that he needed. I think of some of the dumb things I did back at that age and am not so certain that I would have handled it any better. I do hope he's able to have a good life now and get past all that stuff.

From what I have heard, he is now Program Ambassador for Transcend Recovery Community after staying sober the last six years and he started a foundation called the Focus Intensity Foundation which Leaf raises money for scholarships for people who can’t afford treatment, mental health treatment and he has his own radio show and is a college football analyst so it seems he is doing well for himself now which is good to see

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
From what I have heard, he is now Program Ambassador for Transcend Recovery Community after staying sober the last six years and he started a foundation called the Focus Intensity Foundation which Leaf raises money for scholarships for people who can’t afford treatment, mental health treatment and he has his own radio show and is a college football analyst so it seems he is doing well for himself now which is good to see

That's great news. I'm not one to hope for another human being to fail. If his NFL career went down the tubes and he suffered hard times, but ended up having a great life anyway, then that's wonderful. I would give him a high five if I could.