The 2 seed with no help from this draft class

Chasing6

Reaction score
Well we ran the ball 29 times against a bad run D. So I would assume a similar game plan.

However he had zero targets. So it becomes obvious what we are doing when he is on the field.

rambo2

Reaction score
Well we ran the ball 29 times against a bad run D. So I would assume a similar game plan.

However he had zero targets. So it becomes obvious what we are doing when he is on the field.
However, he certainly can catch the ball.

Chasing6

Reaction score
However, he certainly can catch the ball.
I agree, but we don't include our second TE in the game plan. Never have. Just look at Schultz with Witten, or Ferguson with Schultz.

We could really surprise teams in the playoffs, if we involved Schoonmaker or even Hendershot in the passing game.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
You're talking about in the pros? Carter has made some plays in the pros.
Carter has only made a few plays and none recently. Have you watched snaps of Carter as a pro? I posted all his snaps the past three games, two against the lousy NYG OL. Carter was awful. He stunk it up.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Carter has only made a few plays and none recently. Have you watched snaps of Carter as a pro? I posted all his snaps the past three games, two against the lousy NYG OL. Carter was awful. He stunk it up.
He's struggled as the season has went on. Hit his rookie wall a few games back.

chagus

Reaction score
Well. If they can develop and a few of them turn into good players. That bodes very well for the cowboys in the future.

I’m still not ready to give up on most of them.

Especially Overshown. If he fully recovers from the ACL tear. He will be a starting LB for us. A good one. IMO

Also. It’s way too early on Mazi. Yeah he isn’t good right now. But I still feel like he can develop into a good NT.
I was really looking forward to Overshown this season. What sucks is that he wont be absolutely 100% until halfway thru next season. Not everyone can have an Adrian Peterson-like recovery altho im hoping Overshown does.

MikeT22

Reaction score
For some comparison, rookie stats for the first five drafted DTs:

Jalen Carter (9th) - 33 TOT / 6 sacks

Calijah Kancey (19th) - 26 tot / 4 sacks

Mazi Smith (26th) - 13 tot / 1 sack

Bryan Bresee (29th) - 24 tot / 4.5 sacks

Keeanu Benton (49th) - 36 tot / 1 sack

DFWJC

Reaction score
For some comparison, rookie stats for the first five drafted DTs:

Jalen Carter (9th) - 33 TOT / 6 sacks