The 2009 NBA Finals Thread...Lakers win series (4-1)

DCgirl13

Reaction score
BOOOOO...my dreams have been shattered. Oh well, the season ended long ago and I haven't REALLY cared.

WAITING FOR FOOTBALL!!! :starspin

MC KAos

Reaction score
so.....what are we supposed to do now that basketball season is over? we still got like a month and a half before he get to training camp!

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
MC KAos;2811022 said:
so.....what are we supposed to do now that basketball season is over? we still got like a month and a half before he get to training camp!

The only thing left is baseball, and I hate baseball. :(

I guess we're supposed to enjoy the summer outdoors, which is fine by me.

Also did anyone catch Kobe doing Jordan counting the championships (current and possible future) on his fingers, I think he was forcing the Jordan thing a little bit too much there, his switch up shot around Howard was more than enough to make that comparison for him.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
TheCount;2811043 said:

Also did anyone catch Kobe doing Jordan counting the championships (current and possible future) on his fingers, I think he was forcing the Jordan thing a little bit too much there, his switch up shot around Howard was more than enough to make that comparison for him.

I'm sure thats what he was thinking when Kobe jumped up and Howard appeared in his face. :rolleyes: A player doesn't have time to think, "hmmmm if I do this thing that Jordan did, they might compare me to him more" when they are in the air and gravity is pulling them back down. It is called instincts.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
ajk23az;2811057 said:
I'm sure thats what he was thinking when Kobe jumped up and Howard appeared in his face. :rolleyes: A player doesn't have time to think, "hmmmm if I do this thing that Jordan did, they might compare me to him more" when they are in the air and gravity is pulling them back down. It is called instincts.

Reading comprehension isn't your strongest asset, is it. At what point did I say he made that shot trying to be Jordan?

I actually said quite the opposite. That the play, when he wasn't purposefully trying to emulate Jordan, was better than him counting the trophies on his fingers and purposefully trying to imitate Jordan.

MC KAos

Reaction score
TheCount;2811043 said:

ya baseball is pretty lame, too many games to keep up with, i can barely keep up with the 82 game season of the NBA (and i dont watch all of the spurs games, maybe one half to two thirds max). I will probably keep an eye on the college world series as long as we are still in it (texas) but i wont go out of my way to watch a game.

the only problem with the outdoors here in austin is that it gets ridiculously hot! i went fishing saturday and got major sun burns! it was fun though

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
MC KAos;2811157 said:
ya baseball is pretty lame, too many games to keep up with, i can barely keep up with the 82 game season of the NBA (and i dont watch all of the spurs games, maybe one half to two thirds max). I will probably keep an eye on the college world series as long as we are still in it (texas) but i wont go out of my way to watch a game.

the only problem with the outdoors here in austin is that it gets ridiculously hot! i went fishing saturday and got major sun burns! it was fun though

I grew up in Austin so I know what you mean, weather in NY has been rainy for most of the last two weeks but it's hovered around the 70's, so it could be worse.

MC KAos

Reaction score
TheCount;2811175 said:
I grew up in Austin so I know what you mean, weather in NY has been rainy for most of the last two weeks but it's hovered around the 70's, so it could be worse.

i wish wed get some rain, lake travis is 30 feet low and buchanan is almost 20 feet low, its ridiculous, its a hike just to get from the parking lots to the shore now a days. i grew up (for a little bit) in new york too! queens then moved to newark, nj before moving to austin.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I always have MMA stuff to watch to bide any down time for me. Baseball is never an option. That is right up there with tennis, soccer, golf, and NASCAR as some of the most boring as hell stuff to watch on TV.

At least with golf and Baseball though they're fun to play, just not fun to watch. Tennis...I don;'t know never played it or seen it live.

NASCAR might be more fun if you were there live to watch it but even that I doubt with NASCAR. I just can't get into watching cars drive around a track for hours.

MC KAos

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2811307 said:
I always have MMA stuff to watch to bide any down time for me. Baseball is never an option. That is right up there with tennis, soccer, golf, and NASCAR as some of the most boring as hell stuff to watch on TV.

At least with golf and Baseball though they're fun to play, just not fun to watch. Tennis...I don;'t know never played it or seen it live.

NASCAR might be more fun if you were there live to watch it but even that I doubt with NASCAR. I just can't get into watching cars drive around a track for hours.

i agree with all except tennis, i like watching tennis if its federer, nadal, sharapova, the williams sisters or any really hot tennis player with a short skirt:D

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
MC KAos;2811022 said:

Follow those league leading Dodgers!

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;2811377 said:
i agree with all except tennis, i like watching tennis if its federer, nadal, sharapova, the williams sisters or any really hot tennis player with a short skirt:D

Just wondering..whats up with your sig?

Nav22

Reaction score
Now that we've gotten all the accolades for the Lakers outta the way, I think it's time we discussed the one glaring negative from Sunday night...

Joey Buss' postgame "speech", if you really want to call it that. Wow. Talk about a bad public speaker. Painful to watch.

kev8822

Reaction score
Nav22;2812047 said:
Now that we've gotten all the accolades for the Lakers outta the way, I think it's time we discussed the one glaring negative from Sunday night...

Joey Buss' postgame "speech", if you really want to call it that. Wow. Talk about a bad public speaker. Painful to watch.

Watching that makes me PRAY that DR Buss lives a long life.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Nav22;2812047 said:

:laugh2: what an akward situation for both him and anybody watching that disaster.

MC KAos

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2811609 said:
Just wondering..whats up with your sig?

i put it on during the spurs/mavs series. i rarely change my sig i dont know why its just annoying to me to change it all the time

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Nav22;2812047 said:

Here's Joey.

deerpic1.jpg

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
MC KAos;2812151 said:
i put it on during the spurs/mavs series. i rarely change my sig i dont know why its just annoying to me to change it all the time

What's the story behind the pink theme and the pink pony?