The 2009 NBA Finals Thread...Lakers win series (4-1)

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Dash28;2810725 said:
Fair enough. How are they Laker bandwagoners though?

Laker fans for the most part are typical LA. Fake. I just remember during those garbage post Shaq years when they couldn't fill that stadium to save their life. I lived down there during that time and let me tell you there were ZERO Laker flags on cars and no one barely talked about them. Once they got good again everyone and their grandma started cheering for them. Now all these people come out of the woodwork and claim they are a Laker fan. I now question every Laker fans credibilty. Bunch of freakin fake bandwagoners. I respect Eagle fans more than Laker fans.

MC KAos

Reaction score
congrats to the lakers on the chip, and, as much as it saddens me, taking sole claim to the title of team of the decade. *sigh*

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Dash28;2810737 said:
Well same could be said about you being fake. You've started as a Cavs fan on here then you become a Magic fan. Which is it?

I didn't become a Magic fan. I became a Laker hater. I just rooted for them because they were playing the Lakers. I'm a Cavs fan. Pre LeBron.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2810740 said:
I didn't become a Magic fan. I became a Laker hater. I just rooted for them because they were playing the Lakers. I'm a Cavs fan. Pre LeBron.
Alright.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Goldenrichards83;2810686 said:
Happy B-day, dog. After nine years hearing Kobe can't win without Shaq, it finially over. What will they say now.
Its gonna be, well uh.. Kobe cant win 2 without Shaq. LOL.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;2810748 said:
Its gonna be, well uh.. Kobe cant win 2 without Shaq. LOL.

all he needed to do was win 1, he could retire now and he would be one of the considered one of the best ever

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2810731 said:
Laker fans for the most part are typical LA. Fake. I just remember during those garbage post Shaq years when they couldn't fill that stadium to save their life. I lived down there during that time and let me tell you there were ZERO Laker flags on cars and no one barely talked about them. Once they got good again everyone and their grandma started cheering for them. Now all these people come out of the woodwork and claim they are a Laker fan. I now question every Laker fans credibilty. Bunch of freakin fake bandwagoners. I respect Eagle fans more than Laker fans.

red_wine.jpg

MC KAos

Reaction score
lakers have always been the only rival to the spurs that i have ever respected, hopefully we can reclaim our status as an elite team next year and give you guys a decent challenge next year in the conference finals

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

Craig Ehlo!

3.shot.I.jpg

:D

Alright man. It has been a fun night. Take it easy Slate. Talk to you manana.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
A big congrats to the Lakers and their fans. I'm slightly upset and rather intoxicated but I have to show respect when it's due.

Kobe is (and was before this title) an all-time great. Now it's solidified.

My Magic choked in an epic fashion, which I blame on many key factors. But ultimately, the better team, with the better players and better coach came through.

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
Yea right, and you call Laker fans bandwagoners.:lmao:

Nav22

Reaction score
All great teams have bandwagon fans. The Lakers are no exception.

And when LeBron gets a few rings of his own, watch how many Cavs "fans" will sprout up overnight.

But I will admit that there do seem to be a LOT of Lakers bandwagon fans. I don't mean on this board or anything, just in terms of people I know. I live in the Bay Area and there's a ton of Laker "fans" here... because my Warriors suck. :(

Oh yeah, and CONGRATS to the Lakers and their REAL fans! I'm very happy for Kobe.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am glad the series is over...because that just means it is one day closer to football starting.:D

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Ugh. Congrats Lakers, they deserve that trophy. Been a while since a team of mine has gone to the Championships and lost, I forgot what a wretched feeling it leaves. Hopefully, Dwight will learn from this and come back better next year.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2810892 said:
I am glad the series is over...because that just means it is one day closer to football starting.:D

My thoughts exactly.