The 2019 Roster is one of the most dislikable rosters in Cowboys history

Zordon

Reaction score
I agree with you 100% but u cant say stuff like that on here, or the homers get in their feelings

There were maybe a handful of players, after last season, I am proud are on this team

Zeke
Gallup
Tyron
La’el
Martin
Jarwin
Pollard

The rest disappointed
You don't think Dak belongs on that list?

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
You don't think Dak belongs on that list?
mjtf.png

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
The campo era for me just didn’t have a lot of talent

this one did and settled for mediocrity

Can't help the players for being mediocre when the coach is nothing but mediocre. Thus the reason why we were 8-8.

2019 is done. I wondering what McCarthy can do and new philosophy both on offense and defense.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
They were arrogant, showed lack of heart and seemed so nonchalant when things didn’t go their way. Plus the things we are hearing about the lack of respect this roster had for Garrett, reinforces that notion. They were a bunch of divas that hadn’t won anything and acted like they did. McCarthy has more credibility than Garrett with his track record but I’m interested in seeing how he handles these personalities because many of them are still on this roster

Fans often feel this way when the team doesn't meet its expectations. Some of the things players were doing when the team was winning becoming annoyances when the team is losing.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I hated this roster more than any other roster in my lifetime.

From Jaylon doing his swipe down multiple scores against Minnesota, to Witten wasting a roster spot, to our 100M dollar man DeMarcus Lawrence accumulating 5 sacks, to Amari completely disappearing in 8 games, to Dak completely fudging it against Philly, Buffalo, and New England. I'm glad it's over, but at the same time I'm appreciative because even Jerry knew Garrett's tenure was over.

I'm still proud of our OL, Zeke, Gallup, Pollard, and a few others, but yikes McCarthy is going to have his hands full ridding this team of the Garrett stench.

Fontaine

Reaction score

From Jaylon doing his swipe down multiple scores against Minnesota, to Witten wasting a roster spot, to our 100M dollar man DeMarcus Lawrence accumulating 5 sacks, to Amari completely disappearing in 8 games, to Dak completely fudging it against Philly, Buffalo, and New England. I'm glad it's over, but at the same time I'm appreciative because even Jerry knew Garrett's tenure was over.

I'm still proud of our OL, Zeke, Gallup, Pollard, and a few others, but yikes McCarthy is going to have his hands full ridding this team of the Garrett stench.

I think Mike will let them know early into training camp that this isn’t a Garrett ran team anymore, and things will be different in Dallas while he’s there.

At least that’s what I want to believe.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score

I felt the same bro

movaughn88

Reaction score
They were arrogant, showed lack of heart and seemed so nonchalant when things didn’t go their way. Plus the things we are hearing about the lack of respect this roster had for Garrett, reinforces that notion. They were a bunch of divas that hadn’t won anything and acted like they did. McCarthy has more credibility than Garrett with his track record but I’m interested in seeing how he handles these personalities because many of them are still on this roster

Just post the gif of the old man yelling at a cloud.

There were sooo many reasons the team failed, and it had nothing to do with "lack of heart" which is a phrase that high school coaches use because they have nothing else to say. It means nothing. 90% of the guys on the roster have worked and fought through more physical pain than you or I could even imagine. They should not have respected on Garrett, because he let them down.

What does "diva" mean exactly?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I complete agree.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The defense could give up 500 yards, make one good play and celebrate like they'd just won a playoff game.

Yeah. I call that unlikable. The HotBoys were a hot mess.
Despite the horrible "HotBoys" tag,, that group was never worthy of any tag,, other than "underperforming".
#coldboyz

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

This is so far off base that it's comical.

What personalities...

DLaw with an over-inflated ego and Jaylon as an over-celebrator. That's it.

It is not remotely similar to the extreme sense of entitlement that the Wade Phillips era rosters had. The 2010 defense just quit on Wade.

Have there been any legit confirmations about the players showing a lack of respect for Garrett?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As long as players do not answer to the HC, that is going to happen with any team. Think any of these players had the AD coming in while playing in college to remind them who the boss is?

The question is will this be any different because it's not about the HC at all. Think Wade wasn't trying to get their attention? He wasn't even allowed to raise fines.

But the real question is can Booger stay out of it if it's going well? That's when his ego is at it's fullest and he needs more attention. That could unravel success.

Plenty have asked the question why do they achieve so little when the stats look much better? Show me any team in the NFL that is more tail wagging the dog than the Cowboys. You can't. Even with Crazy Al, the players knew who wagged the team.

What do you think Parcells, Johnson or Landry would have done if one of their DL tried that stupid nickname on a mediocre bunch? Wanna bet Booger thought that was cool? Got his war daddy creating cool nicknames. He wasn't a war daddy and they weren't hot anything except Quinn made himself a hot commodity after the season.

aria

Reaction score
Well between zeke’s fat head and his over sized ego, that makes up for about 50% of the “unlikeables”. Jaylon (who I used to love) and Dlaw (who I once supported) make up the other 50%. Who am I missing? I’m sure there’s a few.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess I am in a very small minority but I don't really care whether they're likable or not. I don't know them as people and only care about the entertainment they provide. I feel the same about actors and musicians, I cannot like what I know about some artist but still like their work.

They're the latest to wear the uniform that I follow and they will be replaced by others. The players are temporary; the uniform is forever.