The 2020 defense was bad

Praxit

Reaction score
..never saw anything like it. So bad, I scratched my head so much, I got a bald spot.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
The 2020 defense was bad, that’s a reality and a fact. Based on statistics, it was historically bad. So why say anything good about the defense?

I don’t think the defense was a bad as it looked on paper last year. There were parts that were historically bad. But never underestimate how poor coaching can make a team look a lot worse than the talent in the defense suggests it is.

I think the defense added some legitimate players this off-season, at bargain basement prices. Bargain basement prices do not necessarily mean that the player can’t play. The guys who came in are, in some cases, an improvement over who left.

This was a defense oriented draft. Lots of new faces on the defense. If we drafted well there is a reasonable likelihood that we will get improved play from the rookie defenders.

I really believe that the defense played so poorly last year in part due to coaching. Quinn doesn’t have to bring dominant coaching here to improve the defense, he just needs to not suck. That will be better than anything we have had at DC since probably Zimmer, and he was nothing special.

Big Mike picked Nolan, mostly as pay back for the OC job Nolan hired him for back in 2005. Nice.

you wouldn’t know it though.

Mike has skated on the disaster that was caused by Nolan.