The 3 main reasons this Offense is inconsistent, mediocre, and ugly to watch at times

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Then shut up and enjoy it. Nothing you posted has anything to do about winning and losing, just more of your whining about the staff, that ain't rational.
Why do you talk like such a tough guy? Until you learn to talk to someone in an adult manner I’ll ignore your comments. Good night.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Think the Cowboys will win?
We have the talent to beat New Orleans. If Sean Lee was playing at 100% I would have much more confidence in the D. The O lines pass blocking does have me concerned. Biggest issue though is Garrett and Linehan. If we beat New Orleans their game plan, play calls and in game adjustments will be a big reason why. Coaching Matters!!

CCBoy

Reaction score
We have the talent to beat New Orleans. If Sean Lee was playing at 100% I would have much more confidence in the D. The O lines pass blocking does have me concerned. Biggest issue though is Garrett and Linehan. If we beat New Orleans their game plan, play calls and in game adjustments will be a big reason why. Coaching Matters!!

I'm thinking it will reveal a lot in progress...I hope it is a thriller. Most of us fans are getting a tad tired at searching for a developing strength.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Cooper has helped, Colombo has helped, it will take time to remove the effect of Paul. I would be fine with Dak holding onto the ball if he made a decision everytime he holds on to it it is a sack or worse. He has no other box in his head, for example, "Bease is about to get open, oops nope LB uncut the route Ok time to throw it away."

Batman1980

Reaction score
  1. Coaching and scheme
  2. Ownership for allowing such a mess at tight end and receiver. Although witten did surprise them.
  3. Qb.

I'd add a tie at 3. Martin isn't 100%, Fredbeard hasn't played a snap, LG has been up and down, Smith isn't dominant anymore and Collins is a bust. Most sacked QB in the NFL. A lot of that is on Prescott, a lot of it is on the OL and a lot of it is on a predictable offense.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I'm thinking it will reveal a lot in progress...I hope it is a thriller. Most of us fans are getting a tad tired at searching for a developing strength.
I know it’s probably not likely, but I hope we pull a Jacksonville on them!! If we lose, Garrett will probably say, “it’s a process”. The interviewer should reply, “a process like Ground Hog Day”. Your right this game is going to show how much progress we have made this year. Go Cowboys, beat the Aints!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Cooper has helped, Colombo has helped, it will take time to remove the effect of Paul. I would be fine with Dak holding onto the ball if he made a decision everytime he holds on to it it is a sack or worse. He has no other box in his head, for example, "Bease is about to get open, oops nope LB uncut the route Ok time to throw it away."
I do think at times Dak does hold onto the ball to long, but the O line pass blocking is more of an issue to me than Dak holding onto the ball to long. I think Dak holds onto the the ball to long 2-4 times per game, while the O line gives up pressures about 40% of the time. I think Dak’s biggest issues right now are his accuracy and his tendency to dump the ball of instead of throwing the ball down the field. Sometimes he’s forced to dump the ball off due to pressure.

Last edited:

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
  1. Coaching and scheme
  2. Ownership for allowing such a mess at tight end and receiver. Although witten did surprise them.
  3. Qb.
I can understand why Jerry and family are so high on your list. If Jerry doesn’t get rid of Garrett after this year, he’ll be on my list too!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I'd add a tie at 3. Martin isn't 100%, Fredbeard hasn't played a snap, LG has been up and down, Smith isn't dominant anymore and Collins is a bust. Most sacked QB in the NFL. A lot of that is on Prescott, a lot of it is on the OL and a lot of it is on a predictable offense.
I agree the O line needs to improve. Specifically pass blocking.

You get it! Sacks are not just on the O line. Many fans do not realize how much more pressure predictable play calling makes it for the O lineman to do their job.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
No it was not
You said we were supposed to lose each of our last 3 games. We were a touchdown favorite against the Commanders. If the standard for favorite or dog is if there are "some talking heads who have you winning or losing" then every team is a favorite and a dog every week.

Just take your L.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
What makes this offense so ugly? Because,it’s the sequel to last year offense... Return of Return of The Swamp Thing.
Even though they are winning games,that offense is undisciplined,and leaves themselves vulnerable too often. Way to many possessions ending in 3 and outs,or just punts. If I see “2yd run,inc,sack,punt...” one more time my eyes are going to bleed.

Last edited:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You said we were supposed to lose each of our last 3 games. We were a touchdown favorite against the Commanders. If the standard for favorite or dog is if there are "some talking heads who have you winning or losing" then every team is a favorite and a dog every week.

Just take your L.

Supposed to lose according to those self called experts on here.
Take your L.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I don’t see it right now. Maybe Garrett and Linehan will start watching NO, the Rams, the Chiefs, and NE’s passing attacks to get some creative passing schemes, etc.

So you have no idea what the scheme might be. Nevermind that each of those teams has a better QB and receiving corps.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
So you have no idea what the scheme might be. Nevermind that each of those teams has a better QB and receiving corps.
Dak has proven he can be a pretty darn good QB and our receivers with Cooper, Beasley, and Gallop are a pretty good trio. Our problem is Garrett and Linehan’s coloring book Offense and their predictable play calls.