The 3 main reasons this Offense is inconsistent, mediocre, and ugly to watch at times

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I agree with those 3, but I would definitely add the O lines pass blocking. Everyone complains about Dak holding onto the ball to long, which he does 2-4 times per game, while the O line gives up pressures approximately 40% of the time. Part of the reason people call Dak, Dink it Dak, is because he has to get rid of the ball quickly or he’ll be sacked.
The OL has produced the leading rusher in the league and most of that done while teams have been focused on defending Zeke. The scheme and the QB are having a big effect on the statistical measures attached to the OL.

Pants

Reaction score
5-1 in our last 6 games!!! Let's go Cowboys!!!!!!

untrue....we are 4-2 in our last 6 (lost to wash & tenn before the 3-game win streak and we beat jags before first wash game)

droopdog7

Reaction score
I love how some people start threads blaming the coaches even when we win. Yet, the coaches never get credit for actually winning the games. I friggin hilarious.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Just curious what magical scheme gets that WR group sans Cooper open by virtue of itself. They have moved Cooper around to exploit matchups. They do run all kinds of crossing routes, rubs, floods, and the like to get matchups on LB and S.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Love the three wins, but we were 8 point favorites today.

And we won by that amount. But of course this board will find a way to whine and complain no matter what. We could win the Super Bowl and it would still come on here and complain about Dak.

Dre11

Reaction score
What are you talking about? I don’t jump for joy after an ugly win, like you, and I’m in misery. I don’t think so.

You're a fool. That win wasn't ugly at all. You don't know what an ugly win is.

Dre11

Reaction score
I think someone is in misery. Which of my 3 points don’t you agree with?

Yeah you're in misery, you want JG gone, so even after a win, you try to find something to ***** about. This 3 game winning streak is killing you.

cowboybish

Reaction score
#1. Linehan and Garrett run a basic predictable offense. They do not do a good job of scheming guys open( this is why Cooper is such a good pickup, he gets open with his ability only). Garrett gets extremely conservative at the end of games we are leading in. The only time they allow Dak to go no huddle is at the end of games when we are behind( Dak is at his best in no huddle, in my opinion). We do not run enough play action on 1st and 2nd down( again we are predictable, all the good offenses are NOT predictable ).
#2. The pass blocking is bad way to often. (Some of this is on the coaches though. See #1. We are predictable) Sometimes, Dak does hold onto the ball to long.
#3. We have a very weak intermediate/long passing game. Some of that is on Dak definitely, and some of it is on Garrett and Linehan, and some of it is because the O line breaks down to quickly. We don’t get enough chunk pass plays(take advantage of Zek’s run threat and go play action on early downs).
Everyone around here wants to blame one player or coach. This inconsistent, mediocre, and sometimes ugly( 3-4 three and outs tonight) Offense is due to 3 main factors. Me personally, I put the highest % of blame on Garrett and Linehan.
I think in addition to your opinion, and I agree, is that we do not have a really good TE. If we had one of the better TE's in the game today we would be a scary offense to stop.

Dre11

Reaction score
Amari could fit into just about any offense it is our other receivers who need a little scheme help to get open once in a while. What did you disagree with of my 3 points?

He sure as hell didn't fit Gruden's. Our other receivers are complimentary wrs and they've been doing fine in that role.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Verdict is not a warlock but, once, at a cowboy-hat steaming event, he gave me the evil eye and I only got a ribbon in the headband competition. Me mum was in tears as she had sent the judge some weed and candied biscuits.
A candied biscuit sounds as bad as a Christmas fruit cake?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
He sure as hell didn't fit Gruden's. Our other receivers are complimentary wrs and they've been doing fine in that role.
That’s why I said just about any Offense. Yeah, and Khalil Mack didn’t fit into Gruden’s Defense. I wouldn’t hold that against Cooper.

You sound a little angry. Do you need a Candied Biscuit?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I'm genuinely trying to figure out why 'fans' like you keep spending your time following this team if you never get any enjoyment out of it.

At some point opportunity cost must factor in for you.
You are a Holiday Inn Counselor who wants to be a real one! I have high expectations for our team. If we win a game, but have issues which can effect a playoff run I might mention it after the game. Sorry this bothers you. What of my 3 points do you disagree with?