The 49ers Are The Only Team That Can Beat Us At Our Best

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
I kind of agree, but we also inexplicably didn't start motioning our receivers until after that game (and the offense has exploded since, even in the Philly loss), so that early season game isn't an indication of what a future game would be like. It'd be closer, just not sure good enough to beat them in Santa Clara

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Yeah, at home.
Otherwise I dont know. I need an impressive road win to make me confident in their ability to win a playoff game past the wild card round and frankly thats all that matters these days, get past the division round for the first time in decades. This year the Charger game comes closest but in hindsight is SD even good? Yeah they beat Brady last year but they were 8-9.
The Rams in October 2022 was a decent road win.
How Dallas does in Miami will be the real indicator to me.

pansophy

Reaction score
This is going to get tested these last 4 weeks. On the plus side it should gear us up for playoff football.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
We absolutely have to figure out those quick passes. The 49ers killed is with it.. the Seahawks and the jags last year. All three games combined 0 sacks.

If teams are getting the ball out quick to neutralize your pass rush you have to do something to combat that.

starfan1

Reaction score
I kind of agree, but we also inexplicably didn't start motioning our receivers until after that game (and the offense has exploded since, even in the Philly loss), so that early season game isn't an indication of what a future game would be like. It'd be closer, just not sure good enough to beat them in Santa Clara
as crazy as it sounds Im more concerned witht he defense holding them under 40 than i am the offense scoring

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I honestly don't get all of the 49'er anointing. Should they be #1 on every power ranking as of today? Yes... Did they destroy us week 5? Yes... but you're kidding yourselves if you think we're remotely close to that same team from week 5. This is a different offense, different playcaller, different QB. Different team really. This is not to say we would beat them, I just don't think they're invincible. THIS Cowboys team could definitely play with them.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I'm not even sure about that. In our last three losses we haven't seen Dallas play their best against SF.

CCBoy

Reaction score
IMO They are the only team we need to worry about. If we lose to anyone else it’s because we beat ourselves.
San Francisco's depth isn't as good as is that for Dallas. Now, their coaches aren't any slicked up better than Dallas. That and play of the team are on equal ground on the field. There is plenty of film on play, talent levels, and they are used.

Oh, the Cowboys are every bit as potent and willing to hit on defense. Monitor penalties fairly and the Dallas defense is even better and with the depth to push the standards at play to their own advantage and momentum.

The team that pushes the hardest from right now to the 'meeting,' will win that game. Bumps in the road be damned.

You afraid to just stand up, look 'em in the eye, and let the fury begin? I'm looking forward to just that by THESE Cowboys. This dogface isn't afraid.

windjc

Reaction score
San Fransisco is like the boogie man in here. They are not the '86 Bears. The aren't even the late 80's Montana version of themselves.

San Fransisco can be beat. Someone just needs to knock the swag off their faces.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IMO They are the only team we need to worry about. If we lose to anyone else it’s because we beat ourselves.
Being favored against teams doesn't mean they can't beat you. There are plenty of teams in the league who can beat the Cowboys if things go right for them. Only the 49ers would be favorites on a neutral field, though. Of course, they'd be heavy favorites.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
San Fransisco is like the boogie man in here. They are not the '86 Bears. The aren't even the late 80's Montana version of themselves.

San Fransisco can be beat. Someone just needs to knock the swag off their faces.
By DVOA, they're the 5th-best team ever* through 13 games. They really are a great team, at least when everyone's healthy. And they're as healthy as anyone in the league.

*"Ever" means since 1981 or something like that.

goshan

Reaction score
I mean go position by position.
They are better than us at 80% of the position groups on both sides of the ball.
QB and maybe the secondary are the only place we arguably have an edge.