The 49ers Are The Only Team That Can Beat Us At Our Best

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
IMO They are the only team we need to worry about. If we lose to anyone else it’s because we beat ourselves.
True,.....they just seem to have Dallas' number and Dallas seems to be intimidated by them. They may get another crack at them. Let's hope Dallas smacks the gorilla in the face early and gain confidence.

erod

Reaction score
San Francisco's depth isn't as good as is that for Dallas. Now, their coaches aren't any slicked up better than Dallas. That and play of the team are on equal ground on the field. There is plenty of film on play, talent levels, and they are used.

Oh, the Cowboys are every bit as potent and willing to hit on defense. Monitor penalties fairly and the Dallas defense is even better and with the depth to push the standards at play to their own advantage and momentum.

The team that pushes the hardest from right now to the 'meeting,' will win that game. Bumps in the road be damned.

You afraid to just stand up, look 'em in the eye, and let the fury begin? I'm looking forward to just that by THESE Cowboys. This dogface isn't afraid.
With Purdy, McCaffery, and Deebo healthy and playing, the 49ers are undefeated the past two seasons.

They are the best team in the league.

Doesn't mean they're unbeatable, not it's a tall order.

Cmac

Reaction score
......on any given Sunday will prevail sooner or later. You have to tackle the 9ers......extra yardage can't be allowed.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm going to pull a CCBoy on this one. When you are faced with adversity, you never worry about the opponent. If you do, then the war/game is lost. So, let's hope the Cowboys team don't think like you do.

An example, CCBoy style, during the Tet Offensive in 1968, we were getting ready to enter the town of Hue, heavily fortified by the Vietcong on our way to Quang Tri and were told that this might be the time to get ready to never come back to the World (as we called the USA).

As Army Rangers(RA) our platoon engaged a massive force just outside of Hue, and once engaged on ground, we left a lot of Vietcong dead on the side of a road because we were trained to never think of losing, although we lost two in the firefight, but never, ever gave up during the 4 1/2 hour firefight. Had we had the mindset that we were never coming home, we all would have died right there on a dirt road.

Worrying is for the weak minded, we trained for this moment, among other firefights, but this one was hell on earth, and our unit prevailed and we made it out and and took our muster all the way Quang Tri to provide more support to the Marines that were in their own situation.

I guess this long winded post is meant to never think about how the mighty 49'ers are going to kick the Cowboys butt, because you never know when adversity is going to hit you, but you can overcome, and I can't wait to play the 49'ers if we ever get to that dirt road, however, there are a few more cities to go through before we can even think about it. I made it back, 58,200 soldiers did not make it back to the World, so you never know, the Dallas Cowboy could reach the SuperBowl, if they don't worry about adversity.

I'm not bragging, CCBoy style, bring on the Bills. However, the boys today, don't even know which restroom to use. Bring back the draft, that will wake them up! lol
Great recollection of very tough going. Thank you for your service and sharing that with us. Go Cowboys.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
If we play our best not even SF can beat us.
I wish I could be as confident as that. As great as we are, I think the only team that we are intimidated by are the 49ers. And more than likely we'll have to play them to get to the SB.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Great recollection of very tough going. Thank you for your service and sharing that with us. Go Cowboys.
Don't thank me, thank the ones that never came home. I don't want to turn my post in to a Military discussion, I guess my PTSD kicked! Lol.
The Dallas Cowboys are scaring me, in a really good way.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Eh, Philly's A-game could.

They had a couple of drops that took points off the board, plus the fumbles. I think Dallas is the better team, but they still present a lot of problems.
You are assuming that was our A game last night, and it wouldn't. Our A game is better than Philly's. We stalled out in the 2nd half.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Anything can happen. We all seen it many times.
Many did not believe it would happen in 1992 either.
But we haven't seen it in some decades. Hence your 1992 reference. That is now over 30 years ago.

Also, "anything can happen" isn't accurate in the NFL playoffs. Seed usually holds true majority of the time.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But we haven't seen it in some decades. Hence your 1992 reference. That is now over 30 years ago.

Also, "anything can happen" isn't accurate in the NFL playoffs. Seed usually holds true majority of the time.
Yes, which is why winning the division is huge. I will be fine with #2 seed. As that gets us a home game, and win it then 2 home games. Then maybe some team can upset SF. Like I said anything can happen.
But odds are against us. Be prepared to travel to NO, Atlanta, or TB. I prefer Atlanta.

Mark

Reaction score
You are assuming that was our A game last night, and it wouldn't. Our A game is better than Philly's. We stalled out in the 2nd half.
The DAL offense did indeed "stall out" in the 2nd half last night. And, in the giddiness of victory, I'm finding remarkably little discussion about that today.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
If someone else knocks them off I think we go to the SB

ChrisL97

Reaction score
IMO They are the only team we need to worry about. If we lose to anyone else it’s because we beat ourselves.
We need to win the turnover battle or SF has to lose some key players like Deebo

starfan1

Reaction score
Last yr playoff game D held them under 20 , but offense crapped the bed. Hopefully this year both click and we win the NFCG
They are better than last year but so are we. Last year was kellen Moores offense which was part of the problem

CCBoy

Reaction score
Don't thank me, thank the ones that never came home. I don't want to turn my post in to a Military discussion, I guess my PTSD kicked! Lol.
The Dallas Cowboys are scaring me, in a really good way.
No, you are off as to respect. Giving all was by us all. Sacrifice was offered by us all. Respect for all who served in the military and now are dead paid the same element....putting it all on the line. The same goes to law enforcement, ERT's, firemen as to organizations. Not my point...and respect shown you should make you proud as well.

Hey, we all respond and unwind. I have had a lot of journeys as to feelings and anger as well. My first response about your removed post was to bite off your head and pee down the nub. That wasn't needed, and of course not my recourse or direction.

Rangers in Nam were often volunteers from other MOS and just were tired of watching incoming. I never questioned you as to why. I talk directions taken and organizational similarities. Concepts needed on all organizations. The Army is the oldest governmental organization in the Country. It has experienced more and developed on organizational elements than any other bureaucratic organization in America. It has advanced prindipals of organizational maintaining, leadership, mission accomplishment, individual development, and leadership. After exercise analysis was a long established element developed long ago, by our participations.

They are very relevant and not bragging at all.

I turned blue out of Fort Benning, Ga.

I started out first at the Air Force Academy.

I was in the Army for 23 total years and attended 4 NCO Development Schools on MOS and leadership skills. I'm not attempting to look like anything...just giving backgroud as to sources of information for principals that give real reflection as to the sport and organization of the Cowboys. Ever insult a General?

This is for you just to listen to...when we came out of Viet Nam in 1975, we had to remake the entire NCO Corpe. The reason was stabilization of sustaining depth of changes in fighting as well as efficiency in sustaining high imput of people as well as environment for mission, and yes, families also.

We had to literally bump heads who didn't want anything beyond going to the bush and killing. They could not see why Garrison required dedication as well. It is. One has to learn those standards of change and the why's. That was for the good of the service. It wasn't easy, as that occurred at the same time that racial conflict was being removed from opportunity as well. Principals were very important as was loyalty. We all volunteered to give all, but also with base and respected guidelines for all conduct.

We are both veterans as well as Cowboy fans as well...I know football more than at a medelsome level.

You have a Cowboy flag on your car antenae? That doesn't require listening silence.

Beat Buffalo badly...this is a sport.