The 49ers Are The Only Team That Can Beat Us At Our Best

CCBoy

Reaction score
By DVOA, they're the 5th-best team ever* through 13 games. They really are a great team, at least when everyone's healthy. And they're as healthy as anyone in the league.

*"Ever" means since 1981 or something like that.
How many years were the Chicago Bears the best ever? How come that ended...depth and cost?

windjc

Reaction score
I mean go position by position.
They are better than us at 80% of the position groups on both sides of the ball.
QB and maybe the secondary are the only place we arguably have an edge.
By DVOA, they're the 5th-best team ever* through 13 games. They really are a great team, at least when everyone's healthy. And they're as healthy as anyone in the league.

*"Ever" means since 1981 or something like that.
Ok, well I watched those other teams and I've watched this one and I just do not think the 2023 SF 49ers are at that level. DVOA might say they are and they ARE good, but I dont even think oddsmakers would favor the 49ers if they played Dallas in Dallas.

So, yeah, maybe they are 3 points better, but that is not historically great.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I mean go position by position.
They are better than us at 80% of the position groups on both sides of the ball.
QB and maybe the secondary are the only place we arguably have an edge.
The Dallas offensive line (when healthy) is even or slightly better IMO. I think CD and Cooks are a wash with Samuel and Aiyuk.

That being said, SF is definitely the better team, but I think Dallas’ A-Game can take SF to the limit.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
This is starting to feel like 1992 deja vu. Road to Super Bowl goes through SF or Dallas.

Chiefs starting to decline. Baltimore there I guess. Bills shaky at times, and Miami has our issue with cupcake schedule, so we'll see if they are a threat to win it all next 2 weeks I guess. Don't see total domination though from any of these AFC teams like DAL and SF do when healthy.

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
We did beat ourselves against them, Dak had like 4 picks and TP a fumble. The question is can our D handle their potent offense? IDK about that.

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
We absolutely have to figure out those quick passes. The 49ers killed is with it.. the Seahawks and the jags last year. All three games combined 0 sacks.

If teams are getting the ball out quick to neutralize your pass rush you have to do something to combat that.
Yup, those quick and crossing routes, crossing routes ate us up all game this year.

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
San Fransisco is like the boogie man in here. They are not the '86 Bears. The aren't even the late 80's Montana version of themselves.

San Fransisco can be beat. Someone just needs to knock the swag off their faces.
BUT……do we have that dog mentality, alpha dudes who will “buss’em in the mouth” as Irvin used to say? They took our lunch money this year, they played smash mouth and we didn’t…..that’s the only thing missing with us, that dog mentality at times.

windjc

Reaction score
I think if there are no turnovers, Dallas is favored in Dallas and SF is favored in SF.

Otherwise, I think that if one team wins the turnover battle probably wins.

There are plenty of ways for Dallas to beat SF. Just because they punked us last game, doesn't mean we don't stand a chance.

windjc

Reaction score
BUT……do we have that dog mentality, alpha dudes who will “buss’em in the mouth” as Irvin used to say? They took our lunch money this year, they played smash mouth and we didn’t…..that’s the only thing missing with us, that dog mentality at times.
I agree. I think its more about mentality and will than talent.

Smack McCaffrey, Deebo and Aiyuk in the mouth and it becomes a different ball game.

If anything SF might be a little over confident atm.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok, well I watched those other teams and I've watched this one and I just do not think the 2023 SF 49ers are at that level. DVOA might say they are and they ARE good, but I dont even think oddsmakers would favor the 49ers if they played Dallas in Dallas.

So, yeah, maybe they are 3 points better, but that is not historically great.
You don't think they'd be favored if they played Dallas in Dallas? That's...an interesting position.

lk8701

Reaction score
IMO They are the only team we need to worry about. If we lose to anyone else it’s because we beat ourselves.
The Niners traded for Randy Gregory and Chase Young. The Cowboys sat on their hands at the deadline. I wish they traded for DaVante Adams.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IMO They are the only team we need to worry about. If we lose to anyone else it’s because we beat ourselves.
No team plays their best every week, so we need to worry about all of them. The teams that have the greatest success are those that find a way even when they aren't at their best.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
as crazy as it sounds Im more concerned witht he defense holding them under 40 than i am the offense scoring
Last yr playoff game D held them under 20 , but offense crapped the bed. Hopefully this year both click and we win the NFCG

CCBoy

Reaction score
The Niners traded for Randy Gregory and Chase Young. The Cowboys sat on their hands at the deadline. I wish they traded for DaVante Adams.
Gregory left the Cowboys what, three seasons ago...oh that was a beaut example.

Dallas already added cap expense with two veterans, a WR and a CB who have proven major players to now. The team added a relevant DT last season...wish upon a star next.

windjc

Reaction score
You don't think they'd be favored if they played Dallas in Dallas? That's...an interesting position.
Where Dallas has won 15 straight and is averaging 24.4 point margin wins for the entire season? No. I think the line would be even.

CCBoy

Reaction score
This is starting to feel like 1992 deja vu. Road to Super Bowl goes through SF or Dallas.

Chiefs starting to decline. Baltimore there I guess. Bills shaky at times, and Miami has our issue with cupcake schedule, so we'll see if they are a threat to win it all next 2 weeks I guess. Don't see total domination though from any of these AFC teams like DAL and SF do when healthy.
I'm not really at awe for all those trying to cheat their way to honesty.

rambo2

Reaction score
I think that the Cowboys would beat the 49ers in Dallas.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If Dak plays like this it will be hard for anyone to beat us.

Hes outplaying every NFC QB right now by a lot.

I’m not talking about the Brock Purdy fools gold stats either.