Twitter: The 69 yard TD run

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Embarrassing is correct. The scheme was clearly okay, but the run defense fits weren’t there. That’s on 1 or 2 players for sure, but it also wasn’t lack of effort. Guys stepped up and took on blocks. No excuses, but bad fits is part of learning a new scheme that isn’t second nature yet.

Jaylon got washed past the cutback lane, blocking Wilson’s angle.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
If we had Snacks in there, there would be no hole and that lineman who took Jaylon out of the play would've been doubling up Snacks and freeing up Jaylon.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Why? He’s NOT wrong.

yeah he’s not wrong. But his scheme still sucks. So ultimately, him seeing this play, being angry with it, and trying to change it isn’t going to do anything come Sunday, cause I assure you, Dallas will come out and do the same damn stupid thing they do week to week. You want RESULTS. Not TALK. If he’s going to talk the talk, analyze film, it needs to show on the field and so far IT HASNT.

And yea I’m aware our players suck too. Nolan can’t control that. But man. Anything that contributes to a league wide historically bad defense needs to be cut and or fired

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Shut up Nolan. Your tenure here will be done come January.

What exactly did Nolan do wrong on that play? There isn't a DC in the world that can make Jaylon Smith a competent linebacker. I have honestly NEVER seen anyone as bad as Jaylon. He is the definition of the word soft. And then the two DT's in front of him are probably the worst in the NFL. And those safeties...………...not sure there have been a worse set of safeties in NFL history. And boy those corners!!! Total studs all of them.

JAYLON SOFT!!!!!

There, its done. His new name.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Given the fact there were 2 min left in the game when the run happened and this defense was gassed it did come as a shock. Frankly it was the rest of the game offense and defense that was disturbing

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
The film sessions are littered with simple mistakes that should only be made at the HS level. Busted coverages all over, guys getting washed out 7-10 yards downfield. I'm not enthused with Nolan as DC but the players are equally responsible for this nonsense.

JayFord

Reaction score
That TD run is the least of my concerns

the defense has looked like that all year

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It's like they purposely tried to get out of the way.

Like that tiny special needs kid that runs through an entire college team for 95 yards untouched.