The Aftermath Of The Ravens Game

Great questions
Do these players really want to put their body, career on the line?
For someone on the sideline calling plays , they can’t control the game the way it should be,
You can’t learn this game on the fly,
I thought this coach could do it, but now no confidence at all
Can they win games? Yes can they win games when they matter most, I have no confidence at all,

PLAYERS, they have to be thinking the same thing,
The moments are too big, and they can’t think fast enough, that’s my issue with this coaching staff

As far as Prescott throwing the ball away at the end
Well, he had George Pickens opened in the end zone on the same play earlier in the game
And Pickens was covered like a blanket
And if you watch the replay, the ball was released before Pickens got opened
So I don’t know what to think about that
My take from the interviews was he threw it away based more on what he saw with the pre-snap look. That said I dont know wth they expected to see, and if thats the case what a WEAK third down call with a WEAK 4th down plan. It all makes me sick to see the complete lack of killer instinct our HC had to close this game out.
 
I blame the coaching staff way more than the players for that loss.

We played not to lose. Schotty knew he had "the tie" on 4th.

Why wed play for OT when our secondary was in shambles makes zero sense to me. Instead of if its not there throw it away, we got 3...

We should have had a 4th down scoring play lined up. Just go for the win. OT was never the right call.

Then was got a special teams who not only gives up excellent field position but runs zero clock.

Then we got a d coordinator who plays outside leverage knowing damn well they have a TO in their pocket.

Yeah the players didn't get it done, but they weren't put in a position to succeed.
I agree. The players played well enough to win. We were moving the ball on offense and the defense was overachieving.
 
Giants and commandos are done. We will beat the Eagles twice. Yea. I said it.

“Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl harbour” “Hell no”.
 
I can agree that this team wasn't a super bowl team, not that I thought they would make the playoffs. But is this defense better than last year? Better than before Parsons got offended by Jerry trade negations to the point that he had to be traded because he would've become a cancer? I could've gotten past the trade since he needed to be traded at that point anyway, but the second trade made no sense. I think we would've been better off with the draft capital for this next draft. When are we going to worry about a future quarterback or the future of the team as a whole. That 2nd trade was a win now move, what did we win while mortgaging away our possible future?
Yes. The defense is better than last year. Last year's defense couldn't have stuffed Henry the number of times they did. They weren't bad, they were historically bad. Are they a good defense? They haven't shown that they are as of yet so we have to say no, maybe with Porter and more time

As far as the trade goes, I like it, but my only response to your comment is that it is not ONLY a win now move. He turned 26 two months ago and the plan is to re-sign him and have him here for 5 plus years, Say you don't like it, but don't allude to it being done just for this season. And we needed to use a 1st or 2nd rounder on a CB and we usually screw up our 2nd rounders. Two tangential reasons to like it IMO
 
My take from the interviews was he threw it away based more on what he saw with the pre-snap look. That said I dont know wth they expected to see, and if thats the case what a WEAK third down call with a WEAK 4th down plan. It all makes me sick to see the complete lack of killer instinct our HC had to close this game out.
The thing that gets me the most, we actually could have won that game, we stopped King Henry, we kept him under 100, that’s stopping him lol
Damn
 
I can agree that this team wasn't a super bowl team, not that I thought they would make the playoffs. But is this defense better than last year? Better than before Parsons got offended by Jerry trade negations to the point that he had to be traded because he would've become a cancer? I could've gotten past the trade since he needed to be traded at that point anyway, but the second trade made no sense. I think we would've been better off with the draft capital for this next draft. When are we going to worry about a future quarterback or the future of the team as a whole. That 2nd trade was a win now move, what did we win while mortgaging away our possible future?
My take, we should, win at least two more games this season, because the defense has improved basically because of the three rookies.
And I say, the offense got better,
The coaching staff is not prepared to be under fire, under pressure,
 
Giants and commandos are done. We will beat the Eagles twice. Yea. I said it.

“Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl harbour” “Hell no”.
That’s basically because the Germans, did not bomb Pearl Harbor,
 
I blame the coaching staff way more than the players for that loss.

We played not to lose. Schotty knew he had "the tie" on 4th.

Why wed play for OT when our secondary was in shambles makes zero sense to me. Instead of if its not there throw it away, we got 3...

We should have had a 4th down scoring play lined up. Just go for the win. OT was never the right call.
Shouldn't our 11 year elite veteran be able to "over ride" that order?

If it was a directorder....why did Pickens -a guy with a reputation for "giving up" on regular plays- work to get open? He actually nudged the DB to get free.


It makes no sense...but I guess that's our Cowboys.
 
Shouldn't our 11 year elite veteran be able to "over ride" that order?

If it was a directorder....why did Pickens -a guy with a reputation for "giving up" on regular plays- work to get open? He actually nudged the DB to get free.


It makes no sense...but I guess that's our Cowboys.
Earlier in the game, the same exact situation, and Pickens was covered like a blanket
He just let the ball go and he didn’t even give it a chance
 
Yes. The defense is better than last year. Last year's defense couldn't have stuffed Henry the number of times they did. They weren't bad, they were historically bad. Are they a good defense? They haven't shown that they are as of yet so we have to say no, maybe with Porter and more time

As far as the trade goes, I like it, but my only response to your comment is that it is not ONLY a win now move. He turned 26 two months ago and the plan is to re-sign him and have him here for 5 plus years, Say you don't like it, but don't allude to it being done just for this season. And we needed to use a 1st or 2nd rounder on a CB and we usually screw up our 2nd rounders. Two tangential reasons to like it IMO
We usually screw up our second rounders, because Jerry likes to gambled on injured players or players with some sort of drug problems that fell because of that. But right now we're the 3rd best team in the NFC East. Is that where you wanted to be at. I know we'll probably end back up to 2nd because of some injuries on our rivals. But we're competing for number 2 now instead of number 1 which was the plan. Who are our leaders on Defense? Has anyone stepped up? If they improved so much, why are people scapegoating them for our losses?
 
We usually screw up our second rounders, because Jerry likes to gambled on injured players or players with some sort of drug problems that fell because of that. But right now we're the 3rd best team in the NFC East. Is that where you wanted to be at. I know we'll probably end back up to 2nd because of some injuries on our rivals. But we're competing for number 2 now instead of number 1 which was the plan. Who are our leaders on Defense? Has anyone stepped up? If they improved so much, why are people scapegoating them for our losses?
Actually, yes, the three rookies are playing excellent defense
And we won’t be bottom for long, as soon as we play the Eagles,
 
We usually screw up our second rounders, because Jerry likes to gambled on injured players or players with some sort of drug problems that fell because of that. But right now we're the 3rd best team in the NFC East. Is that where you wanted to be at. I know we'll probably end back up to 2nd because of some injuries on our rivals. But we're competing for number 2 now instead of number 1 which was the plan. Who are our leaders on Defense? Has anyone stepped up? If they improved so much, why are people scapegoating them for our losses?
Can I give you a half of a like
Yes, I’m sick of taking chances on injured players,
 
My take, we should, win at least two more games this season, because the defense has improved basically because of the three rookies.
And I say, the offense got better,
The coaching staff is not prepared to be under fire, under pressure,
I think the offense last year was a lot better than this year. So far we faced two teams that should've been automatic wins and one game that started out as an Loss before the season started but we had a chance to win and make up for the season opener. You think this is a playoff team? The narrative last year was the defense kept us out of the playoffs and if we had an "average defense" we would've got on. Will the on the field leadership we've seen so far cut it in a playoff game?
 
At least coaches can be fired. Not Dak.
Dak will never change.
.
Under pressure, Dak will keep saying that coaches told him to do it.
Cowboys don't have a QB who can make adjustments, think for himself and make the right play when it really counts.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
476,051
Messages
14,659,742
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top