The Annual “Let’s tank for Draft Position” VS. “Let’s Win” Debate

cowboyec

Reaction score
i start every year wanting 3 things.
☆win the east
☆win the conference
☆win the super bowl

and i refuse to surrender til we are eliminated.
so...try to win and then draft Alex Leatherwood,OT-Alabama.
(or Shaun Wade,CB-Ohio St...or one of those LBs if they fall).

fivetwos

Reaction score
Tank

This team needs a blue chip defender in the worst way.
Man I agree w that. Theres a reason the worst teams draft highest....and if this team drafts 18th just to get blown away in a playoff game and convince the two morons that we are closer than we actually are is just insane.

Only way we have a shot is to win in SPITE of those two (even that's a longshot)....and we need better players to do that.

The later you draft the worse those odds get.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This team is gonna tank and it really can't help itself this year, too many critical players out for the entire year.

The positive you get out of it is you get to play your young guys, give them real game reps and film to study, and see if any of them can develop into solid contributors in the future. The McGoverns, Donovan Wilsons, Gallimores, etc.

You can bounce back strong in 1 year, the NFL is full of parity. Cowboys go 4-12 then back in the running with Dak & Zeke the next season.
You’re using the wrong word. Failing and thinking of two different things

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
A kind word? From my living room? Or during the week in my car or office? Maybe while I'm in the bathroom? Are you really under the impression most Cowboy fans have direct contact with the players, or that that players directly see and know how a fan who watches a game on TV reacts, or goes about his life after the game is over?

Understand the context … you were disagreeing with a fan who said after a game he goes on with life because, in his words, "that's what's serious".

Now, in that context, please explain (1) how Zach Martin or Amari Cooper know what that fan does after the game, and how that affects their play, and (2) how can anyone argue that a fan's family, friends, job and daily life shouldn't be more serious to them than the Cowboys.
Why are you making things up. I’m not talking about from your living room. In the stadium face-to-face

RS12

Reaction score
What debate? The last time I was this sure this team was going nowhere, the immortal Matt Cassel and his golden arm were leading us straight down the drain.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
If the two OTs or Dak were coming back it might be different. But you can’t win meaningful games with the talent on the team right now. If you wouldn’t have a shot at winning a playoff game get as high a pick as possible.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why are you making things up. I’m not talking about from your living room. In the stadium face-to-face
lol - the guy you responded to wasn't - that wasn't the context of the guy you were contradicting. Hell, you weren't even talking about that - you were talking about working out with an NFL RB and giving him encouragement. And even so, the poster you responded to wasn't talking about not getting excited during the game. He wasn't advocating sitting on your hands with no emotion, and I'm certainly sure he wouldn't advocate that if going to a game live. He was talking about going about his life without taking it too serious after the game was over.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
lol - the guy you responded to wasn't - that wasn't the context of the guy you were contradicting. Hell, you weren't even talking about that - you were talking about working out with an NFL RB and giving him encouragement. And even so, the poster you responded to wasn't talking about not getting excited during the game. He wasn't advocating sitting on your hands with no emotion, and I'm certainly sure he wouldn't advocate that if going to a game live. He was talking about going about his life without taking it too serious after the game was over.
Yeah OK so. Then why did you put your two cents in . I think the military is a way of life. Just like football. Just like working out or add a gym. It all takes preparation. If you don’t think it matters to you what you do and how you go about things that’s fine with me. I like structure so

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah OK so. Then why did you put your two cents in . I think the military is a way of life. Just like football. Just like working out or add a gym. It all takes preparation. If you don’t think it matters to you what you do and how you go about things that’s fine with me. I like structure so
You aren't aware this is an open forum? I put my 2 cents in just like you did. If you don't want commentary then don't post.

By the way, what preparation does a fan watching at his house need? Maybe go to the store and get the stuff to make queso?

Yes, the military is a way of life for those in the military, just like football is a way of life for those who play football. The guy sitting at home watching TV isn't playing football though.

You responded to a poster who simply said after the game he isn't going to take it so seriously that it affects other more important parts of his life (family etc …). I'm still at a loss as to how, after a game is over, a guy getting off his couch and playing with his kids or taking his wife to dinner instead of brooding hurts the team. Please explain that.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You aren't aware this is an open forum? I put my 2 cents in just like you did. If you don't want commentary then don't post.

By the way, what preparation does a fan watching at his house need? Maybe go to the store and get the stuff to make queso?

Yes, the military is a way of life for those in the military, just like football is a way of life for those who play football. The guy sitting at home watching TV isn't playing football though.

You responded to a poster who simply said after the game he isn't going to take it so seriously that it affects other more important parts of his life (family etc …). I'm still at a loss as to how, after a game is over, a guy getting off his couch and playing with his kids or taking his wife to dinner instead of brooding hurts the team. Please explain that.
My cowboy brother. I respect you and most of the things you post. I don’t even know how this got out of hand. But I no longer care about the subject be good be safe