The Anti I Told Ya So Thread (where you admit things you don't want to admit)

redskins1

Benched
Reaction score
I thought jerry would let parcells do the grocery shopping...I thought sure parcells would have you in the playoffs consistently,thus far a 1 hit wonder..I thought parcells coaching history and ability would have the cowboys in the superbowl by now,his previous history has shown that..WHATS WRONG!!!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Too many to remember.

Ralphie Hunter.

I really thought he had a chance to develope into something. I thought he would eventually play safety and maybe be a good player for us. Never materialized.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
redskins1 said:
I thought jerry would let parcells do the grocery shopping...I thought sure parcells would have you in the playoffs consistently,thus far a 1 hit wonder..I thought parcells coaching history and ability would have the cowboys in the superbowl by now,his previous history has shown that..WHATS WRONG!!!
You can't think right I guess.

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
Well, I can't really remember any over the years, but since I did post this one, I'll let it loose :)

I wanted LaVar Arrington! His injury was a thing of the past!

Ugh...

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
redskins1 said:

I thought St. Gibbs was a three time winner of the Lombardi...as it turns out, he has one Silver one, and two plastic ones. He LOVES him some strike seasons.

Hey, redstink1, do you know what St. Gibb's bust in the HOF is made from? St. Gibbs pedestal is made of bronze and his head and shoulders are made of plastic....

Here, go read this post...learn some of the RedStink history

http://dallascowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?p=917722#post917722

:dissskin: Yup, that's my dog! Gibbs....

superpunk

Reaction score
redskins1 said:
I thought parcells would have won a playoff game by now..I thought parcells would have had a decent offensive line by now....I thought my Commanders would be beating the cowboys consistently by now..oops stay tuned on that one!!!!! It has started!!!

I admit that I thought Gibbs would at least try to coach in his return to football.

But why do that when you can hire more qualified coaches to do that for you?

I also admit that you are slightly above notebook paper when it comes to intelligence.

munkee

Reaction score
"I once hit a man in Dearborn, Michigan. A hit-and-run. I hit him and kept on going. I don't know if he's alive or dead, but I'm sorry."

/too obscure?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
munkee said:
"I once hit a man in Dearborn, Michigan. A hit-and-run. I hit him and kept on going. I don't know if he's alive or dead, but I'm sorry."

/too obscure?
You're concerned, but don't be. Joe Gibbs survived and is coaching in D.C.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
redskins1 said:
5 star...you cant be serious??? joe gibbs hall of fame coach...ENOUGH SAID!!!

Read the link I posted! Yes, I'm serious...St. Gibbs is a lame duck coach. Even today he needs to hire other coaches that know what the hell is going on!

He just stands on the sideline, with his Nascar cap and sunglasses...collecting money from the Midget!

Hey, alot of coaches and players know where the cash cow is at! Why do you think the Midget pays anyone and everyone big money? St. Gibbs needs a few new race cars...what better way then come out of football retirement and back into coaching to pretend he know what the hell is going on?

He just wants the cash....just like most players and coaches that come through Lil Dannys playground...Spurrier is out golfing right now...with a pocket full of cash! :lmao:

:dissskin:

scottsp

Reaction score
Ohh, I have some doozies...

1. Wasn't too impressed with a not-so-swift running back out of Florida. I didn't think we made the best choice possible with the 17th pick of the 1990 draft. The first two games of the the following season - vs. SD & NYG - were blacked out in Dallas, so I didn't get to see Emmitt until the Commander game at RFK. I remember thinking he was pretty good, but nothing special.

That all changed Thanksgiving Day when Washington came to town.

2. As the '84 season opened, I just knew Gary Hoogeboom would be the next great Dallas quarterback. He was fabulous in the opener against the Rams. It lasted for about a week.

3. I would have bet the farm that a wide receiver hailing from a school named Mississippi Valley State would prove to be insignificant, to say the least. And I told everyone just that. Because, after all, Willie Totten ain't coming with ya to the show, Jerry.

And there's plenty more where that came from.

Stay tuned tomorrow for when I 'fess up to my fascination with Alexander Wright as he would most definitely make up for that first-round mistake.

munkee

Reaction score
lol. Good stuff.

"You're concerned, but don't be. Joe Gibbs survived and is coaching in D.C."

silver

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I still do.
man... i'm having second thoughts.
nowadays i'd be happy if he takes snaps at practice. doesn't look good for drew henson anymore.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
I thought Jeff Ogden would be more than a TC wonder.

Who is this Hogeboom you speak of?

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
scottsp said:
1. Wasn't too impressed with a not-so-swift running back out of Florida. I didn't think we made the best choice possible with the 17th pick of the 1990 draft. The first two games of the the following season - vs. SD & NYG - were blacked out in Dallas, so I didn't get to see Emmitt until the Commander game at RFK. I remember thinking he was pretty good, but nothing special.

I remember watching that Draft and after the pick my Mom was like...So what do you think of that pick and I was like..."That's a good pick"...But I wasn't doing back flips or anything about it.

I have Emmitt's and Troy's drafts on Beta max tapes...:eek: And I remember I think it was Berman saying something about Smith having like 8800 yards rushing at his High school in Escambia, FL and Joe Thiesman going..." That's...That's...Obscene." And they all laughed because it was. Then they showed all his runs from Florida and I was like...Man this guy could be good...Massive Understatement!:D

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I thought Parcells would draft All Linebackers and defenders in his first season, and change to the 3-4, but it took him 3 years to do it.

I thought Jammer was the perfect fit at Cornerback.

I thought the Cowboys would've been contending for a Super Bowl last year.

I thought Peerless Price would definitely be the answer... Oh was I wrong..