The Arlington Cowboys

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
This thread is all about coming to terms with reality (no pun intended to the CZ senior moderator)

Since AT&T stadium is the home base, and it's located in Arlington Texas, then it goes that the proper name of the team commonly referred to as the Dallas Cowboys is really the Arlington Cowboys. You might call it blasphemy, I call it logic based on geography.

Besides, shouldn't the Arlington Cowboys EARN the right to be called the Dallas Cowboys? Just as Bill Parcells made rookies earn the star on their helmet, why not make this current franchise earn the right to be associated to the legacy of "America's Team"?
Im actually upset i wasted 10 seconds reading this

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This thread is all about coming to terms with reality (no pun intended to the CZ senior moderator)

Since AT&T stadium is the home base, and it's located in Arlington Texas, then it goes that the proper name of the team commonly referred to as the Dallas Cowboys is really the Arlington Cowboys. You might call it blasphemy, I call it logic based on geography.

Besides, shouldn't the Arlington Cowboys EARN the right to be called the Dallas Cowboys? Just as Bill Parcells made rookies earn the star on their helmet, why not make this current franchise earn the right to be associated to the legacy of "America's Team"?

Please do not disrespect the DFT.

Loso86

Reaction score
Arlington is not in Dallas. It’s borders don’t even touch Dallas. If you want call Arlington a suburb of a larger city (though it’s population is over 300k), it’s a suburb or Fort Worth. Dallas/Fort Worth or DFW is not a city. It’s name to describe the area or region.
Fair enough

erod

Reaction score

Then they haven't been the Dallas Cowboys since 1971.

TheCritic

Reaction score
I realize many of you thought this was a silly and pointless thread. But just reading through this thread, it's been revealed that there is a major disconnect between Arlington and the broader Dallas Cowboys fan base and organization. Clearly, the chaos and dysfunction goes beyond the Jones family. All factors, the stadium, the people of Arlington need to be carefully examined as well.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
one old guy on here said you have to live next to the stadium to be a real cowboy's fan. or was it in the stadium?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I realize many of you thought this was a silly and pointless thread. But just reading through this thread, it's been revealed that there is a major disconnect between Arlington and the broader Dallas Cowboys fan base and organization. Clearly, the chaos and dysfunction goes beyond the Jones family. All factors, the stadium, the people of Arlington need to be carefully examined as well.

Cowboys originally wanted to build stadium at Fair Park. Arlington stepped up while the city of Dallas didn't. Clint Murchison ran into this as well The Cowboys originally sought to build a new stadium in downtown Dallas, but local politicians and sticky tax situations got in the way, and Murchison went to Irving. I get the argument about tax dollars going to fund a stadium. But Jerry did the same thing Murchison did only difference Clint was not villainized

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
one old guy on here said you have to live next to the stadium to be a real cowboy's fan. or was it in the stadium?
Let me guess... He was one of the first to jump into my ignore list, because he talks smack to people then gets "attacked".