The Arlington Cowboys

mmohican29

Reaction score
This thread is all about coming to terms with reality (no pun intended to the CZ senior moderator)

Since AT&T stadium is the home base, and it's located in Arlington Texas, then it goes that the proper name of the team commonly referred to as the Dallas Cowboys is really the Arlington Cowboys. You might call it blasphemy, I call it logic based on geography.

Besides, shouldn't the Arlington Cowboys EARN the right to be called the Dallas Cowboys? Just as Bill Parcells made rookies earn the star on their helmet, why not make this current franchise earn the right to be associated to the legacy of "America's Team"?

This kind of a stupid take.

The Cowboys played in Irving, TX for what... 40 years?

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
This thread is all about coming to terms with reality (no pun intended to the CZ senior moderator)

Since AT&T stadium is the home base, and it's located in Arlington Texas, then it goes that the proper name of the team commonly referred to as the Dallas Cowboys is really the Arlington Cowboys. You might call it blasphemy, I call it logic based on geography.

Besides, shouldn't the Arlington Cowboys EARN the right to be called the Dallas Cowboys? Just as Bill Parcells made rookies earn the star on their helmet, why not make this current franchise earn the right to be associated to the legacy of "America's Team"?
This is beyond dumb. There are loads of pro teams who have a geographical location technically outside the respective city limits. If you need to have it explained to you, you probably need to have a lot of things explained to you

or maybe I am falling for troll bait here