Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I wouldn't be terribly upset

Rosengarten likely going higher though

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Eichenberg ehhh

Top 3 picks are the only ones still on the roster in 2026. Bad draft.

funkytown817

Reaction score
I would like better, but I would be willing to bet the actual draft doesn't turn out this well for us.

Barton would be a day-1 starter at Center.

I'm a fan of Brooks and i'm ok with waiting until the last half of the season for him to be ready. But if we go Brooks, i'd like to grab a mid round guy and double dip on RB.

Aven8

Reaction score
I would like better, but I would be willing to bet the actual draft doesn't turn out this well for us.

Barton would be a day-1 starter at Center.

I'm a fan of Brooks and i'm ok with waiting until the last half of the season for him to be ready. But if we go Brooks, i'd like to grab a mid round guy and double dip on RB.
We don’t have the dogs to wait for Brooks. Rico gets injured a lot and Deuce is small.

Hardline

Reaction score
Every team in the NFL knows Brooks is the Cowboys 2nd round target. Someone is going to take him before our pick or trade up ahead of us. We will have to take Benson or Wright with our second round pick. The top 3 RBs won't fall to us in the 3rd round.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
we could do a lot worse but i cannot stomach a 2nd RD RB.
I cannot stomach Rico Dowdle starting. That's the risk you take if you wait to find your running back. If Brooks is there at 56, he's good value. Same with Benson. If those two are gone, we should be targeting one in the third or with a trade-down in the second. If we wait until the fifth, then we might get lucky or we might end up with about as good as we got last year at the position.

tm1119

Reaction score
Wouldn’t love it, but wouldn’t be upset with the top 3 picks. Although I don’t think Rosengarten last until the late 3rd.

Eichenberg screams college overachiever that will only be a backup/special teams player in the NFL. Hard to complain about very late 6th’s/7th’s, but don’t like any of the last 3 picks either.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
1- Graham Barton
2- Jonathon Brooks
3-Roger Rosengarten
5 Tommy Eichenberg
6- Jaden Crumedy
7- Ryan Watts S
7- Nathaniel Watson LB
with Brugler grades:
1. Barton : Rated 1 OC and 18th overall
2. Brooks: Rated RB1 48th overall
3. Rosengarten: OT10 69th overall
-
5. Tommy Eichenberg: LB5 Rated 3rd/4th round value.
6. Crumedy: 16DT 5th/6th round value
7. Ryan Watts 20Safety. 7th round value
7. Watson LB 17 6th round value

So this would be a really great value draft. And Iin my mocks I found going OC early really set up board nicely.
By pick 56 OC and OT were really thin so if I wanted a starter on the OL going OC early was kind of it. Other option was take a chance at OT.

You get two day 1 starters IMO in Barton at OC and Brooks at RB.
Rosengarten is a great value but not sure how he fits with some depth caliber guys already on the roster.
Can he beat out Asim Richards? But cannot complain at all about the overall value. Insane how deep this draft is that OT 10 is Dane's 69th best player overall.

Watts is intriguing. Local kid from Little Elm and former Ohio State recruit that transferred to UT.
Freakshow testing athlete. Solid 6.2 and a half over 200 pounds with long arms.
Negative is no one considers him a CB except UT.
Would have been great to see him play big nickel.
Lacks the hips for CB unless you are Dan Quinn and willing to give anyone long a shot at the position.

This looks kind of ugly on paper to me but reality is this a dead solid A draft.