Twitter: The Attention DLaw Gets In One Picture

CWR

Reaction score

Can’t say I’ve seen a triple team too often lol, Eagles threw all they could at him Sunday and it helped Randy out a lot. For those who don’t appreciate Law I’m not sure what to say.

There's a bad habit of letting the hate go too far on this board, and that involves a lot of our players. Im guilty of going in on guys as well, but credit where credit is due.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

Can’t say I’ve seen a triple team too often lol, Eagles threw all they could at him Sunday and it helped Randy out a lot. For those who don’t appreciate Law I’m not sure what to say.

This is why watching the video is more important than a still image: 2 of the 3 Philly players dropped off DLaw after a being near one another for about a second, moved inside, and DLaw was left one on one with the TE.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
This is exactly why having a well rounded team is important. If you double and triple team one man you have 3 other lineman with 1v1 matchups.

imagine if we had a true pass rush threat up the middle.

Gregory on the opposite side with a full offseason, and a real threat at 3t - whether that's an improved Gallimore or someone else, and a monster 1t, and his sacks will "magically" go back up because he won't be facing those double and triple teams.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
A pass rush is about 2.5 seconds man, both of them being there for 1 second is a huge impediment.

Point is he really wasn't triple teamed as the TE shifted inside after the RT initial chuck and picked up Lawrence while the 2 linemen in the photo shifted inside.

Jipper

Reaction score
Point is he really wasn't triple teamed as the TE shifted inside after the RT initial chuck and picked up Lawrence while the 2 linemen in the photo shifted inside.

yes that is true, and I think there is truth to dlaw also warrenting more attention than the others...although there were points in that game where it felt like they had 8 oline men and we were rushing 2

817Gill

Reaction score
Point of the thread is he gets a bunch of attention. Three blockers turning their attention to DLaw for any amount of time during the snap isn’t just common practice.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

The idea, though, is to stop his initial move. If the offense can do that, generally it's a win ... unless the quarterback has to hold the ball very long.

This was exactly what a triple-team is. Hardly ever will you see a team triple-team a player for the entire extent of the play. They want to stop the defender's initial movement to get the advantage and then either move on to other blocks or become an outlet.

T-RO

Reaction score
Wasn't an intentional triple team. O-line just set up a wall since QB was rolling out. Eagles respect DLaw, but not that much.

conner01

Reaction score
This is exactly why having a well rounded team is important. If you double and triple team one man you have 3 other lineman with 1v1 matchups.

imagine if we had a true pass rush threat up the middle.
There are very few true pass rushing threats up the middle without blitzing

conner01

Reaction score
This is why watching the video is more important than a still image: 2 of the 3 Philly players dropped off DLaw after a being near one another for about a second, moved inside, and DLaw was left one on one with the TE.
He was chipped then one on one

Kaiser

Reaction score
Point of the thread is he gets a bunch of attention. Three blockers turning their attention to DLaw for any amount of time during the snap isn’t just common practice.

817Gil: Here is DLaw getting doubled teamed.

CBZ Posters: Only at the beginning of the play

817Gil: That's the way it works.

CBZ Posters: So you saying he sucks.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
He was though. He took the attention of 3 players on one play. Even most double teams one lineman has responsibility for that man, the other has a separate responsibility. If run it’s likely to be a chip the defender and get to the second level. It’s extremely rare that two players have the same responsibility for an entire play. It’s 11 v 11, the math doesn’t add up that way.

quickccc

Reaction score

Eagles don't have Pro bowler Lane Johnson to handle Dlaw - which he usually does very well vs Dlaw - the irony is Randy Gregory began
getting double team after the LT simply could not handle him ... where's the double team pic on Gregory.

Also if Tomsula was creative, he'd move and run twists and stunts with DLaw inside to nickel DT on 3rd and long downs.

BTW, Jerry addresses why our DL coach was reducing Gregory to less than 20 snaps -" he definitely needs to be on the play field more " :confused:

Birch_Wood

Reaction score

Calvin Johnson (Detroit) use to get the triple team and he would still catch it.