Twitter: The Attention DLaw Gets In One Picture

USArmyVet

Reaction score

Wish the rest of the chain showed up lol, he even got chipped by Ertz as well

They had the TE and RB on that side to take on the second line defenders from a pass rush but they dropped back into coverage so that is why it looks like they stacked the right side solely against Lawrence.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Does he get triple teamed when he crashes inside and gets beat around the corner repeatedly.

Just contain the edge and do your job!
This is easy to say when you don't know what the call is.

Against read-option plays, defenses have the DE crash and the LB or safety account for the QB over the top all the time. If you're asking a DE to set the edge responsibly every play for end arounds, you're not allowed to criticize their passrush, because you can't do both.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
3 men against DLaw? We absolutely should have sent a blitzer up the middle, who would be unblocked.

Loso86

Reaction score

Can’t say I’ve seen a triple team too often lol, Eagles threw all they could at him Sunday and it helped Randy out a lot. For those who don’t appreciate Law I’m not sure what to say.

Lol good lawd. Doesnt matter to most Cowboys fans though, he's getting paid 20 plus million yearly so he should beat that triple team easily lol

cowboyec

Reaction score
love the man.
he also gets held....obscenely....alot...and never gets a call.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
There's a bad habit of letting the hate go too far on this board, and that involves a lot of our players. Im guilty of going in on guys as well, but credit where credit is due.
Hate is just a terminology for a player under performing for what he's getting paid.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Point is he really wasn't triple teamed as the TE shifted inside after the RT initial chuck and picked up Lawrence while the 2 linemen in the photo shifted inside.
Triple team doesn’t mean that three guys tackle you and then take turns dropping elbows on your head from the top rope

If you put three guys between an end and the QB, the end is going to be neutralized on almost every play.

Last edited:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Lawrence, along with the rest of the team, have been falling for fakes for the past few years.

One thing to keep in mind is that sometimes the inside crash is CALLED by the DC and the OLB to that side is supposed to scrape over and fill that gap. It's designed to confuse blocking schemes and get a guy free into the backfield. Unfortunately I think a lot of times Jaylon and LVE forget to slide over to their responsibility.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
One thing to keep in mind is that sometimes the inside crash is CALLED by the DC and the OLB to that side is supposed to scrape over and fill that gap. It's designed to confuse blocking schemes and get a guy free into the backfield. Unfortunately I think a lot of times Jaylon and LVE forget to slide over to their responsibility.

I don't know if they communicate well, because like I stated, this is not the only year we see the DE crash, and there is nothing but open space. No LB, no safety, and no DB covering. It seems as if assignments are not clear.