The band Van Halen

ESisback

Reaction score
Saw them with Sammy twice, in the 90’s. Hung out backstage. Michael Anthony and Sammy were extremely cool and laid back and jokey. Alex and Eddie were both very quiet, although Eddie DID hit on the girl my buddy was with. It was surreal.

The show was AWESOME! Was deaf for hours.

ESisback

Reaction score
That is insane, and VH wasn't even headlining then. They were either opening for Sabbath, Montrose, Journey or one of lower slots at a festival. Pretty sure they came to Oklahoma 4x in 78. They put in a tremendous amount of roadwork especially on those early tours.
That is so cool you got to see the Killers tour. That original band was so awesome and doesn't get the credit they deserve. Killer, Billion $$ Babies, School Out, Love it to Death and Muscle of Love are all great albums.
Awesome you got to see Zeppelin as well, what year was that 75, 77, or 71?
I interviewed Alice on the radio when he played our town. Great guy! Supremely smart, a multitasker, and surprisingly normal. He tossed me his walking cane from the stage. Still have it in the closet. Great memory. 8/3/04!

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I interviewed Alice on the radio when he played our town. Great guy! Supremely smart, a multitasker, and surprisingly normal. He tossed me his walking cane from the stage. Still have it in the closet. Great memory. 8/3/04!
That is so cool, huge fan. I would have given my left arm to see his original band. The guy in real life isn't close to his on stage persona. Glad he conquered his demons and had a very supportive wife to help him

ESisback

Reaction score
That is so cool, huge fan. I would have given my left arm to see his original band. The guy in real life isn't close to his on stage persona. Glad he conquered his demons and had a very supportive wife to help him

When did you meet him?

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Sorry, thought you did, because what you said was very accurate! Alice rocks!✊

He does, wish he would do more of the original bands material in his current shows. Last time i saw him {2019} he played Raped and Freezin, Muscle of Love, My Stars and Under my Wheels which was pretty cool.