The Bears did us no favor but Chiefs will tonight

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Wont matter too much as the Cowboys have a rough stretch coming up as well, but the next 5 for Philly is @ KC, Buffalo, SF, @ Dallas, @ Seattle.

A loss for Philly tonight would be a thing of beauty as they would have to turn around on a short week and play a pretty motivated Buffalo team.
If the Eagles lose tonight won’t Buffalo be going into Philadelphia and be playing “a pretty motivated” team?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I suppose if we wanna overtake Philly, they have to lose to the 49ers. And one of the Bills and Seahawks. And we have to beat the Bills, the Dolphins, and the Seahawks. So that means pretty much the only remaining loss we can take is Detroit.
And, of course, beat the Eagles.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
If the Eagles lose tonight won’t Buffalo be going into Philadelphia and be playing “a pretty motivated” team?
Sure, but it doesn't change the fact that Philly has to turn around on a short week and play team that is currently on the outside looking in for a playoff spot.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Sure, but it doesn't change the fact that Philly has to turn around on a short week and play team that is currently on the outside looking in for a playoff spot.
The Eagles are playing a motivated team on the road this evening. Next week, short or not, they’re playing a motivated team at home. If you like motivated, how about a coaching staff and 53 players that are not thinking about playoff seeding, but performing to secure employment in the NFL next season? The Cowboys are playing a very motivated team on a short week this week.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
The Eagles are playing a motivated team on the road this evening. Next week, short or not, they’re playing a motivated team at home. If you like motivated, how about a coaching staff and 53 players that are not thinking about playoff seeding, but performing to secure employment in the NFL next season? The Cowboys are playing a very motivated team on a short week this week.
O.....K? Not sure I understand the point you're trying to make, just that every NFL team should be motivated to win? If so that's great in theory, I'm just not sure it always works that way.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
O.....K? Not sure I understand the point you're trying to make, just that every NFL team should be motivated to win? If so that's great in theory, I'm just not sure it always works that way.
Perform well, get paid well. Yes, every player on every team is motivated to “win” every game. This is professional football. If they were not that kind of person they would not have made it to the NFL in the first place. The Commanders are an intra-division opponent, so are familiar with playing the Cowboys, and while their starting quarterback has only ever won five starts, one was vs. Dallas. Then there is the obvious, Washington is having a rough season, but has managed to win twice as many games as the Arizona Cardinals. Looking beyond your next opponent is what fans do. I’m sure the Cowboys are taking this Thursday’s game seriously, even if you’re not.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Perform well, get paid well. Yes, every player on every team is motivated to “win” every game. This is professional football. If they were not that kind of person they would not have made it to the NFL in the first place. The Commanders are an intra-division opponent, so are familiar with playing the Cowboys, and while their starting quarterback has only ever won five starts, one was vs. Dallas. Then there is the obvious, Washington is having a rough season, but has managed to win twice as many games as the Arizona Cardinals. Looking beyond your next opponent is what fans do. I’m sure the Cowboys are taking this Thursday’s game seriously, even if you’re not.
I just don't get the connection? We were talking about Philly and I brought up Buffalo. What does any of that have to do with me overlooking the Washington game when this thread is not even about the Cowboys?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
to many fans think the NFL revolves around the Cowboys, but you know, when you have no faith in your team you try to have faith other teams can do you a "favor" whatever the heck that means. do other teams plan for teams doing them a favor, or do they handle their business?
I think you might be taking it a bit too literal.

Swagger

Reaction score
I think the Eagles wipe the floor with the Bills at home so this is a key game. If the Eagles win this game then I just don't see how the 'Boys can win the division.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
to many fans think the NFL revolves around the Cowboys, but you know, when you have no faith in your team you try to have faith other teams can do you a "favor" whatever the heck that means. do other teams plan for teams doing them a favor, or do they handle their business?
1. If you are a Cowboys fan or a fan of any single team, the NFL does revolve around your team, and it’s actually been normal to watch everything that happens around the league while wondering how it hurts or helps your team.

2. The media actually started the whole use of the phrase about teams helping or doing other teams favors many decades ago. It happens every year as the season winds down. Of course, they don’t mean it literally.

Every Cowboys fan I‘ve ever known hopes for the Giants, Commanders, and Eagles to lose every week unless their winning can help the Cowboys. That has included the 49’ers since the early 90’s and the Packers and Browns back in the 60’s. It’s sort of what normal fans do.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I think the Eagles wipe the floor with the Bills at home so this is a key game. If the Eagles win this game then I just don't see how the 'Boys can win the division.
Philly has three tough games in a row. They haven’t played a much tougher schedule than the Cowboys so far this season. They’re not going to “wipe the floor” with any of them. If they’re destined to return to the Super Bowl now is their chance to show it. Mahomes/Allen/Purdy vs. the Eagles’ secondary? I agree the Bills will be their best chance to win one of the three. Wipe the floor with the Bills is a bit match, though.

Swagger

Reaction score
Philly has three tough games in a row. They haven’t played a much tougher schedule than the Cowboys so far this season. They’re not going to “wipe the floor” with any of them. If they’re destined to return to the Super Bowl now is their chance to show it. Mahomes/Allen/Purdy vs. the Eagles’ secondary? I agree the Bills will be their best chance to win one of the three. Wipe the floor with the Bills is a bit match, though.
I agree KC and 49ers are tough games but I just don't see how Allen can get it done behind the Bills' bad offensive line against a very strong pass rushing defensive front and I see it falling apart from there.

ghst187

Reaction score
I kinda want the Lions to get the #1 seed and things work out so SanFran plays Philly in round 1.
Looking at schedules, the Lions have as easy of remaining games as anyone. Looking at ours, I don’t see us winning out. Philly could lose 2 or 3 more.

ICP

Reaction score
Yep, KC losing to Philthy at home will help us start preparing for those road playoff games!