The best quarterbacks drafted in the past decade

dckid

Reaction score
Arthur Blank thought it was dumb enough last night as he was on the field in that 4Q.

The Cowboys could easily tank because it already looks like that's what they did in the last 2 games.
Arthur Blank has never forgotten the SB collapse. Atlanta has to be the worst luck organization.
They had their opportunity, and not they are on the other side of the hill. If I was them they are in salary cap hell next year.
They should be trading away their assets. No Falcon fan wants to hear trade Julio, but getting a first for him makes sense. They will not win a SB, and I am not being negative by saying that. I am being a realist.
Teams have to realize what situation they are in. You are either trying to win a SB or you are looking to how you can get into that elite group so you can compete. Once Front offices realize that approach your life and goals become really clear. You will no longer strive to win 7 games and complete for the 7th playoff spot.

csirl

Reaction score
Can someone re-do the list and include those QBs who have made it to the Superbowl? I'm sure there are a few more7.

kskboys

Reaction score
Arthur Blank has never forgotten the SB collapse. Atlanta has to be the worst luck organization.
They had their opportunity, and not they are on the other side of the hill. If I was them they are in salary cap hell next year.
They should be trading away their assets. No Falcon fan wants to hear trade Julio, but getting a first for him makes sense. They will not win a SB, and I am not being negative by saying that. I am being a realist.
Teams have to realize what situation they are in. You are either trying to win a SB or you are looking to how you can get into that elite group so you can compete. Once Front offices realize that approach your life and goals become really clear. You will no longer strive to win 7 games and complete for the 7th playoff spot.
I don't see it as luck. I see it as having the wrong guy in charge of the O. Don't forget, the same guy who was OC for ATL is now HC for SF. Kyle Shanahan simply does not understand how to run a ball control O. Yes, his O tends to build big leads, but then he has his Qb's throwing all over the field instead of having an eye on TOP and ball movement. To be clear, he likes to take deep drops and continue throwing long passes.

This plays right into the hands of the team who is behind. They obviously need to make some stops, what better way than to turn the dogs loose on a QB taking a deep drop waiting for routes to develop?

12+88=7

Reaction score
Hypothetical, if Dallas were to have the number 1 pick it would be smart for them to select Lawrence. Dallas can then spend the money allocate to a Prescott signing and draft choices to address team needs.

If Dallas is in the top 5, it would not be smart to trade up for Lawrence. Prescott could be tagged. Dallas has their picks, 4 comp picks, and also Detroit's pick to help the other areas of the team. That's a lot of draft capital.

Scenario #2 now seems the most likely. There are too many teams ahead of Dallas for a realistic shot at #1.

pacboyX

Reaction score
Our difference is simply.....I am a Cowboy fan while you're a DAK FAN.
What are you going to do when Dak is toast?
OMG....

Prolly same thing when we did when all the other QBs were done..move on. Not that hard, this is America..what have u done for me lately?

kskboys

Reaction score
Can someone re-do the list and include those QBs who have made it to the Superbowl? I'm sure there are a few more7.
Let's see, last 3 super bowl winners:

Mahomes: Mobile passer.
Brady: Immobile passer.
Foles: Immobile passer.

How about the super bowl loser?

Garrop: Immobile passer
Goff: Immobile passer

Go back another year, 2016. Ryan and Brady, 2 more immobile passers.

2015: Winner was PManning, an immobile passer, and FIIIINNNNNAAAALLLLLYYYYYY we get to the runner, Cam Newton.

Soooo, conclusion? Being a passer is what matter. Mobility is to be preferred, most obviously, but being a passer comes first.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
I don't know why Luck was not on your list, maybe he didn't make OROY or MVP but he was the best QB to be drafted in the last decade. Mahomes and maybe Wilson are ahead now. If Luck had better protection he would still be around and top 3 QB in the league.

Trevor and Luck are similar in a lot of ways. Trevor might not be as much of a mobile QB.

It doesn't matter, you get a chance, you take Trevor and by by Dak.
Because he was in the same draft class as Russel Wilson.

Russel Wilson is a far better quarterback than Andrew luck ever was.

Better stats, accomplishments, record against winning teams, and played with far worse OLs and receiver help while accomplishing the majority of this

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score

2015: Winner was PManning, an immobile passer, and FIIIINNNNNAAAALLLLLYYYYYY we get to the runner, Cam Newton.

Soooo, conclusion? Being a passer is what matter. Mobility is to be preferred, most obviously, but being a passer comes first.
Brady and Manning are first ballot hall of famers. Goff scored 3 points in the Super Bowl.

Jimmy G was carried by an all time great defense.

Mobile passers like Mahomes, Jackson, and Wilson are the future.

men lie. women lie. numbers don’t!

natedoug

Reaction score
It was a different league back then and even during that time Jimmy had the QB position covered with Aikman and Walsh at cheap salaries even without a cap.

Agree 100% it was a different league back then,

When the Hershel Walker trade occurred in 1989 -- Jimmy did not have to deal with a salary cap until 1994.

Drafting a QB (top 3) if you believe he can be special ( like Mahomes ) is a good start.

But the team better have a good plan on how to rebuild this defense. Can't do it all with free agents ( too high priced for quality guys) .
IMO - you need multiple premium picks (1st and 2nd rounds ) spent on the defensive side of the ball.

Which takes multiple years to do, unless you can get more draft picks via. trades , etc.

J12B

Reaction score
For 2020, it's going to be Justin Herbert.

Been watching a lot of the Chargers this year and that kid is special. Going to be right up there with Mahomes.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
Fields looks really good.

The rest of your post is gibberish.

I notice you left out two rookie QBs this year that look outstanding.
Burrow and Herbert are record-setting rookies.

Lawrence is more like Mahomes than any of the guys on your list.
He's certainly WAY more athletic than Prescott....and faster than Prescott and Mahomes.

I think maybe you are looking at the color of his skin?

Either way

News just in, Dallas will be sticking with Dak
Stop race baiting.

Also, don’t compare Lawrence to Mahomes ever. Please. If he’s lucky he can be 2/3rds as good as him in his prime.

2020 is too early to tell with these QBs. Even RG3 had a hot rookie year

RonnieT24

Reaction score

I think you're off in your assessment of Foles. Remember the Eagles went heavy on the RPO based attack once he took over. Foles is one of those sneaky athletic guys. He doesn't run much but he can run..Well maybe not now that he's old. Same with Goff and Garappolo. Both are good athletes who can move when need be. Remember Goff's keeper on the RPO that clinched that game against us? Garappolo might be a little less inclined to run now after the ACL surgery and now the ankle woes.. but dude was far from a statue before. And in 2015 Manning was an immobile shut putter as nothing he threw looked remotely like a pass down the stretch that season. I think being on a good team matters more than whether a guy can or cannot run. A lot more.

As an aside.. I don't think anybody would argue that Manning was anywhere near as good a passer as Cam that year.. The better passer lost that game because he faced the far superior defense.. just as Manning got clobbered by Seattle's defense despite being the superior QB to Wilson that year.

Last edited:

glimmerman

Reaction score
The handshake supposedly happened just after the deadline to sign a new contract expired this summer. I can't remember who I heard it from? I'm thinking it might have been Babe Laufenberg, but I could be wrong. I definitely heard it though.
Hope so. I do think they worked out the structure. Dak liked the 50 million dollar signing bonus and 70 of the guaranteed paid in the first 2 years. Lol. I don’t blame him.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
No, they're not.
They really were.

Russel Wilson has always had less weapons and worse offensive lines than luck and taken his team to the playoffs every year while putting up stats that are head and shoulders above Luck.

Luck was a great player but never showed he was on the trajectory to be a first ballot hall of famer like Russel Wilson and Mahomes are.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
Everyone on the list has made the Super Bowl except Dak, Lamar, and Murray.
The list is still VERY accurate:laugh: