The Best Teams in the NFL at this time

gtb1943

Reaction score
Clearly you have to put the Eagles at #1
After that probably the Ravens, 49rs and Chiefs.
After that you can probably throw a blanket over half a dozen teams including the Boys.

Still at least five games to go for everyone; almost a third of the season. So a lot can still change.

The Lions for example seem to be making a move. Fins are up and down somewhat but Tua is having a great year.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't think it's so clear that the Eagles are #1. They've had the ball bounce their way, both literally and figuratively. Several of the games they've played have been ones in which one bad break (or lack of a good break) would probably have put them in the "L" column.

The 49ers seem more consistent in their play. Their wins are more predicated on execution, rather than lucky bounces

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Still at least five games to go for everyone; almost a third of the season. So a lot can still change.
The path to the SuperBowl is a minimum of (8) games for regular season winners with a bye.

There is so much football to determine who is the best team for the 2023 season.

If it ends up being the Eagles so be it. There is plenty of teams coming up who are vying to knowck them off the perch. If they persevere with this schedule, then they will deserve it.

I just want to see this Cowboys team prove on the field that they secerve to be considered the best "team" in the NFL. Right now we can't say this is case week in and week out.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Eagles, Chiefs, Ravens, 49ers, Cowboys, Lions, Jags, Dolphins

Next group…Bengals, Bills, Steelers, Seahawks, Broncos, Saints

Then everyone else
This....it's tiers, not 1 thru 10 where each team is sequentially a bit better than the team behind them.

I think I'd argue that the Jags should be in the 2nd tier...and that your 2nd tier should be spit into a 3rd tier with the saints Broncos steelers.... but whatever

Any team in Tier 1 could beat anyone else in that tier

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Nothing about this season is something we haven't seen before. We have a great record and great individual players who are having great seasons. Expectations are high and fans and media are on the hype train. The only thing you can really point to is we have never had a defense this good since the 90's.

But...It doesn't matter. Nothing matters anymore until January.

Another crushing loss and you can bet Jerry will extend Dak at the expense of not signing players who want to get paid including many on the defense. Jerry just wants to be relevant, after all, even crushing losses are good TV and Dak gives him that.

If we win it all Dak deserves everything he gets.

ghst187

Reaction score

Then everyone else
I’d say the Bengals are out of that list with Burrow lost. I’d put the Texans on it instead with Stroud playing insane. I think the Steelers are bad, as are the Saints. I only put the Bills, hawks, Broncos, and Texans in that next group.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I don't think it's so clear that the Eagles are #1. They've had the ball bounce their way, both literally and figuratively. Several of the games they've played have been ones in which one bad break (or lack of a good break) would probably have put them in the "L" column.

The 49ers seem more consistent in their play. Their wins are more predicated on execution, rather than lucky bounces
They win. No matter how it happens they win.
This is whistling past the graveyard to claim its all luck.

gtb1943

Reaction score

Then everyone else
You forgetting Burrows is gone for the season right?
Steelers and Saints frankly are not all that
Do not put the Jags that high either

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
After that you can probably throw a blanket over half a dozen teams including the Boys.

The Lions for example seem to be making a move. Fins are up and down somewhat but Tua is having a great year.
For me its the 49ers and everyone else...

doomsday9084

Reaction score
The 9er's dominate teams.

The Eagles don't. You could go through their season and reverse 4 plays and give them 4 losses. They are 6-1 in 1 score games. Its an incredible run of luck they are having and that includes a ton of calls that go their way. That kind of luck runs out.

IMO, its
SF
Philly, Dallas, KC and Baltimore

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
From what I’ve seen of the Lions the last couple of weeks they’re making a move backwards.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Eagles deserve respect for their record but it is not clear cut they are better than everyone. Even their fans know int. Their fans excuse is "We haven't played our A game yet".....well its about to be December if you haven't played your "A game" yet you probably won't ever do it. This is who they are. This is who they were for most of last year.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
From what I’ve seen of the Lions the last couple of weeks they’re making a move backwards.
Yeah that Packers and Bears games for sure has to leave some bad tastes in peoples mouth. You can write off the Bears game just being one of those bad games but then you follow that up with the Packers loss?

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I think what separates the 49ers from the Eagles is the QB. Hurts gets all the praise, but Purdy is special. Top rated QB in the NFL the past two seasons who can make tough throws and doesn’t fold in big moments. People are afraid to give him the respect he deserves. Hurts benefits from a great team and great coach.

rambo2

Reaction score

Dallas is in the top 3 or 4. The best teams look like the 49ers, Cowboys, and Eagles.