The Best Teams in the NFL at this time

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Loaded teams often do not win it all; the 16-0 Pats proved that. In the end the team that WINS is the best team and that at this time is the birds.
Tiger Woods was the best golfer in the PGA for years, yet he didn't win every tournament, or even every major. Does that mean the players who won the tourneys he didn't were better than him? Nope, definitely not. I realize this is apples/oranges, but I just want to demonstrate that being the winner doesn't necessarily mean you're the best.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
Do the Eagles create the luck that makes their fumbles bounce right back to them, or is that just a random lucky bounce?
Or Buffalo has a wiiiiide open WR in the endzone to win in OT and he cuts out when the QB throws in. Philly did absolutely nothing to succeed on that play. Just a wide open WR running the wrong route??? Never seen anything like this team?

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
To me, it’s really just the Eagles and 9ers.

We can beat the Eagles, but we’re not better. The Lions are still kind of the Lions. KC is probably a year away from being truly great again. And BAL is a question mark also (though they’re probably the best team in the AFC).

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Tiger Woods was the best golfer in the PGA for years, yet he didn't win every tournament, or even every major. Does that mean the players who won the tourneys he didn't were better than him? Nope, definitely not. I realize this is apples/oranges, but I just want to demonstrate that being the winner doesn't necessarily mean you're the best.
What does “mean you’re the best” in the NFL?

Asklesko

Reaction score
Cowboys aren't given enough credit. They look like world-beaters right now and should be number one on the list.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Clearly you have to put the Eagles at #1
After that probably the Ravens, 49rs and Chiefs.
After that you can probably throw a blanket over half a dozen teams including the Boys.

Still at least five games to go for everyone; almost a third of the season. So a lot can still change.

The Lions for example seem to be making a move. Fins are up and down somewhat but Tua is having a great year.
Now that they are healthy again, I have SF as #1.
Baltimore and Philly tied at #2.
Dallas is right there with the current KC team imo, but they will move up or down based on the outcome when we host the Eagles.

Detroit is slightly below everyone mentioned, I believe.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Now that they are healthy again, I have SF as #1.
Baltimore and Philly tied at #2.
Dallas is right there with the current KC team imo, but they will move up or down based on the outcome when we host the Eagles.

Detroit is slightly below everyone mentioned, I believe.
Pretty solid.

I was going to say

1. SF
2. PHI

3. BAL
4. DAL

5. KC

6. DET

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I don't think it's so clear that the Eagles are #1. They've had the ball bounce their way, both literally and figuratively. Several of the games they've played have been ones in which one bad break (or lack of a good break) would probably have put them in the "L" column.

The 49ers seem more consistent in their play. Their wins are more predicated on execution, rather than lucky bounces

While in a head to head I’d lean 49ers for sure it’s hard to say the 49ers are more “consistent” in their play when they’ve had a 3 game losing streak this year and the eagles are 10-1

leeblair

Reaction score
Clearly you have to put the Eagles at #1
After that probably the Ravens, 49rs and Chiefs.
After that you can probably throw a blanket over half a dozen teams including the Boys.

Still at least five games to go for everyone; almost a third of the season. So a lot can still change.

The Lions for example seem to be making a move. Fins are up and down somewhat but Tua is having a great year.
The Eagles are #1 if they play at home. Otherwise it's the 49'ers.
Then the AFC takes the rest of the top ten spots. They are knocking each other off, but their level of play is higher.
The Bills, Ravens, Bengals, Broncos, Dolphins, Jaguars, Browns, Chiefs and now the Texans are better than any other team in the NFC. Their records won't reflect it because they play each other and knock each other off.
Then you have Minnesota, Dallas, the Chargers, and the Lions. The Rams, Packers, and Seahawks are somewhere in there.
The organizations in the AFC are just better.
In the late eighties and early nineties it was the NFC, but success corrupted them and they destroyed themselves.
Just my opinion.

LonnieElam

Reaction score
Oh, the refs are going to make sure the 3agles get there. That was, once again, super obvious tonight.

mote

Reaction score
Do the Eagles create the luck that makes their fumbles bounce right back to them, or is that just a random lucky bounce?
Today they had a tipped ball for an INT (seems rather unlucky) and a poor exchange for a fumble that the Bills recovered. The one INT they had was a coverage play. Was all that luck? What about Elliot hitting a 59 yard field goal in driving rain? Was that "luck" or skill? Even on the last Bills play prior to their FG in OT, yes, the receiver could have turned to catch the ball, but the reason it was thrown that way was because of pressure in Allen's face that made him force that 50/50 throw. Good teams make their own luck.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Today they had a tipped ball for an INT (seems rather unlucky) and a poor exchange for a fumble that the Bills recovered. The one INT they had was a coverage play. Was all that luck? What about Elliot hitting a 59 yard field goal in driving rain? Was that "luck" or skill? Even on the last Bills play prior to their FG in OT, yes, the receiver could have turned to catch the ball, but the reason it was thrown that way was because of pressure in Allen's face that made him force that 50/50 throw. Good teams make their own luck.
They were lucky all game long that all the false starts weren't being called, among other things.

cald0d30s0

Reaction score
1. SF
2. KC
3. PHI
4. DAL
5. BAL
6. JAX
7. MIA
8. DET
9. SEA
10. DEN

To be honest, the eagles look like the typical team with a winning record, then come to playoffs and the magic will disappear and loose against the seahawks or something. It's just unbelievable how lucky they have been all season long.

Techsass

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That dang Tush Push keeps the Eagles from ever having to punt. Once enough teams figure out how to do it they'll probably outlaw it.