The Best Teams in the NFL at this time

rambo2

Reaction score
Nothing about this season is something we haven't seen before. We have a great record and great individual players who are having great seasons. Expectations are high and fans and media are on the hype train. The only thing you can really point to is we have never had a defense this good since the 90's.

But...It doesn't matter. Nothing matters anymore until January.

Another crushing loss and you can bet Jerry will extend Dak at the expense of not signing players who want to get paid including many on the defense. Jerry just wants to be relevant, after all, even crushing losses are good TV and Dak gives him that.

If we win it all Dak deserves everything he gets.
Seen before? The Cowboys are doing things at home that have never been done before. Ist 5 games at home have been wins by 20 or more. That has never been done in the history of the Dallas Cowboys. Bland sets New NFL record in game 11.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They win. No matter how it happens they win.
This is whistling past the graveyard to claim its all luck.
Winning doesn't necessarily mean you're better. It means you're probably very good, but some luck, bad calls, and inopportune mistakes by the opponents can make you seem better than you are. Just ask everyone who thinks the Cowboys only win because they play bad teams.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
The 9er's dominate teams.

The Eagles don't. You could go through their season and reverse 4 plays and give them 4 losses. They are 6-1 in 1 score games. Its an incredible run of luck they are having and that includes a ton of calls that go their way. That kind of luck runs out.

IMO, its
SF
Philly, Dallas, KC and Baltimore
I agree about the Eagles fortune. Against the Commanders the Commanders were driving for the win in OT. On 4th down Howell throws a dime to get them in FG range... as the WR catches the ball the Eagles safety falls down. When the receiver lands on the ground he steps on the Safety's forearm and his foot rolls off and is a 1/4 centimeter out of bounds. Eagles win. The Cowboys game needs no detail. The Minny game Jefferson is diving for the endzone for a sure TD and the ball slips out and turn into Eagles ball at the 25. Sooooooo many breaks But.. they are 13-0 versus their last 13 winning teams, 8-0 the last 8 times down double digits and 25-2 over Hurts last 27 regular season games. That can't all be luck.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Winning doesn't necessarily mean you're better. It means you're probably very good, but some luck, bad calls, and inopportune mistakes by the opponents can make you seem better than you are. Just ask everyone who thinks the Cowboys only win because they play bad teams.
Until we beat good ones they have a point. Eagles have won no matter how much it smells thats the way it is.
If they end up with the best record in the NFL then anyone claiming its luck will look stupid

gtb1943

Reaction score
Seen before? The Cowboys are doing things at home that have never been done before. Ist 5 games at home have been wins by 20 or more. That has never been done in the history of the Dallas Cowboys. Bland sets New NFL record in game 11.
Yeah we still crap the bed against the better teams and that is business as usual
Don't you company guys ever get tired of peddling this kind of crap?

rambo2

Reaction score
Yeah we still crap the bed against the better teams and that is business as usual
Don't you company guys ever get tired of peddling this kind of crap?
Lol, no this season is awesome. Are you enjoying the games today?

Bing

Reaction score
Dallas is definitely one of the top teams in the NFL right now. Unfortunately they dont give out trophies in November. If they want to prove their worth then show it to the Nation come January. If not this team will just be known for another disappointing season

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
Dallas is definitely one of the top teams in the NFL right now. Unfortunately they dont give out trophies in November. If they want to prove their worth then show it to the Nation come January. If not this team will just be known for another disappointing season
IMO only one of the following teams can win the SB...
Philly, San Fran, KC, Baltimore and Dallas

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
They win. No matter how it happens they win.
This is whistling past the graveyard to claim its all luck.
Yep, if the Cowboys would be winning these close games they would be saying we create our own luck. Lucky the Eagles PK missed a FG for their only loss or they'd be undefeated.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yep, if the Cowboys would be winning these close games they would be saying we create our own luck. Lucky the Eagles PK missed a FG for their only loss or they'd be undefeated.
Do the Eagles create the luck that makes their fumbles bounce right back to them, or is that just a random lucky bounce?

Creeper

Reaction score
I care so little about ranking teams. They will play on the field and teams will win and lose. By now look at the stats and records. Some teams will be there in the playoffs and they will all play until 1 champ is crowned. I don't care what anyone thinks about my team now. If they win that is all that matters to me.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Lol, no this season is awesome. Are you enjoying the games today?
Are you ever going to stop being the company man?

If the boys as usual crap the bed in the playoffs are you finally going to cut the cord?

gtb1943

Reaction score
Do the Eagles create the luck that makes their fumbles bounce right back to them, or is that just a random lucky bounce?
Take off your birds hate glasses and admit if it was happening to any one of about 20 other teams you would be singing their praises

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Take off your birds hate glasses and admit if it was happening to any one of about 20 other teams you would be singing their praises
No I wouldn't, not any more than I do with the Eagles. They have a very good team. I just don't think they're better than the 49ers, for exactly the reasons I stated.

rambo2

Reaction score
Are you ever going to stop being the company man?

If the boys as usual crap the bed in the playoffs are you finally going to cut the cord?
Lol, this team is very good a joy to watch. Change your Depends and enjoy the show.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
I don't think it's so clear that the Eagles are #1. They've had the ball bounce their way, both literally and figuratively. Several of the games they've played have been ones in which one bad break (or lack of a good break) would probably have put them in the "L" column.

The 49ers seem more consistent in their play. Their wins are more predicated on execution, rather than lucky bounces
I agree with you, although I guess they have to get the NO. 1 ranking because of their record. Lady luck has definitely been on their side. I have seen them a few times this year and to me they don't seem to be as good of a team as they were last year.
The defense is definitely not as strong. Many teams have moved the ball just fine on their D. They can still get to the QB, but the rest of that Defense is not at the level they were at last year. Hurts is not having as good a season as last year either.
They should have lost that Monday game against the Chiefs. The Cowboys should have beaten them earlier this year too - never in my life have I seen a team fumble 3 times and recover it all 3 times. They have had a few other very close calls this year- but they are winning those games. That is what counts.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I agree with you, although I guess they have to get the NO. 1 ranking because of their record. Lady luck has definitely been on their side. I have seen them a few times this year and to me they don't seem to be as good of a team as they were last year.
The defense is definitely not as strong. Many teams have moved the ball just fine on their D. They can still get to the QB, but the rest of that Defense is not at the level they were at last year. Hurts is not having as good a season as last year either.
They should have lost that Monday game against the Chiefs. The Cowboys should have beaten them earlier this year too - never in my life have I seen a team fumble 3 times and recover it all 3 times. They have had a few other very close calls this year- but they are winning those games. That is what counts.
They're ranked #1, yes, as they should be, because of their record. But I don't think they're the "best" team in the league. So, I guess what I'm saying is...We agree? ;)

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Clearly you have to put the Eagles at #1
After that probably the Ravens, 49rs and Chiefs.
After that you can probably throw a blanket over half a dozen teams including the Boys.

Still at least five games to go for everyone; almost a third of the season. So a lot can still change.

The Lions for example seem to be making a move. Fins are up and down somewhat but Tua is having a great year.
We are in the conversation.
Really, it's up to us how good we want to be.
We have the potential.
Just gotta play up to it.

gtb1943

Reaction score
No I wouldn't, not any more than I do with the Eagles. They have a very good team. I just don't think they're better than the 49ers, for exactly the reasons I stated.
Loaded teams often do not win it all; the 16-0 Pats proved that. In the end the team that WINS is the best team and that at this time is the birds.