The Best Thing about being a Dallas Cowboys fan?

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rockytop6;1487368 said:
There is something about the star. No other franchise has the glamour, the pizazz, the showmanship, the success, the class and the Texas roots as the Cowboys.

The Cowboys are what Texas represents. They represent all the folklore and romance of the West from the covered wagons to the modern skyscrapers of the metroplex.

None of the teams in the West truly conjure up images of the West like the Cowboys. They represent the star. There is no other franchise image or logo that comes close to having the glamour of the star.

The Dallas Cowboys are the class of the NFL. All of the great franchises of the past that existed before the Cowboys were even born were great but which ones were truly glamorous? Represented class? Only the logo of the Cowboys shines in the sky.

The Cowboys are the Clark Gables of the cinema, the John Waynes of the westerns,and the Chuck Norrises of the action theatre. The Cowboys always gets the leading ladies. What would the NFL be without the Cowboys? A movie without a leading man.

Everything from their cheerleaders to their scientific approach to the draft. Tex Schramn the innovative GM, Gil Brandt the first personnel director to use the computer to store and dissimulate info on players to the great Tom Landry that led the Cowboys to 20 consecutive winning seasons, all placed their stamp on a team that distinguished the Boys as a special franchise situated in a special state and special city with special fans around the world.

I would sum it up like this: The Cowboys represent class, glamour, and a winning tradition that makes fans from around the world. There will never be another franchise like the Cowboys. There is only one star in the lone star state.

Excellent post. Says everything that needs to be said.:bow:

es22

Reaction score
Gryphon;1487304 said:
CowboyMagic31's SportingBlog
May 03, 2007 03:11 PM

What is the best thing about being a Cowboys fan? The Dallas Cowboys have a great history. Coaches, players, Doomsday Defense, Superbowl Championships!!! They are second to no other franchise. They have the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders. You get to wear Cowboy hats and brag a lot. They are the best team in the NFL's top division. Washington, Philly and the Giants are all excellent franchises, just one notch below the Cowboys. That makes for a lot of great rivalries and big games. And of course it is nice, year in and year out, always to have a little edge on them. #2 on my list is all the Superbowl Championships. I like my team being the best from time to time, and like this year being the favorite to meet the Patriots in the Big Game. It is just Awesome watching the Cowboys play in the Superbowl.

But the best thing at the moment is having a great owner like Jerry Jones. The new stadium is coming. But what he does best is keep the team competitive signing the free agents and hiring the coaches as needed, while at the same time keeping an eye on the future of the franchise. How many owners will shell out the big bucks to keep players and for the free agents their team needs to win, while at the same time taking pride in stockpiling a high #1 pick for next year. He is the best owner I have ever seen at doing both, taking care of the future while doing what is needed to try to win now.

We have the best owner in sports. He cares about the success of the team, not jsut to make $$$. Although he is a little out of control as a GM, i wouldnt have any other owner.

Colo

Rocky Mountain High
Reaction score
Everybody has an opinion on em. They either love em or hate em, but they always care. Aside from that, we have the coolest logo. :)

bigE79

Reaction score
Rockytop6;1487368 said:
There is something about the star. No other franchise has the glamour, the pizazz, the showmanship, the success, the class and the Texas roots as the Cowboys.

The Cowboys are what Texas represents. They represent all the folklore and romance of the West from the covered wagons to the modern skyscrapers of the metroplex.

None of the teams in the West truly conjure up images of the West like the Cowboys. They represent the star. There is no other franchise image or logo that comes close to having the glamour of the star.

The Dallas Cowboys are the class of the NFL. All of the great franchises of the past that existed before the Cowboys were even born were great but which ones were truly glamorous? Represented class? Only the logo of the Cowboys shines in the sky.

The Cowboys are the Clark Gables of the cinema, the John Waynes of the westerns,and the Chuck Norrises of the action theatre. The Cowboys always gets the leading ladies. What would the NFL be without the Cowboys? A movie without a leading man.

Everything from their cheerleaders to their scientific approach to the draft. Tex Schramn the innovative GM, Gil Brandt the first personnel director to use the computer to store and dissimulate info on players to the great Tom Landry that led the Cowboys to 20 consecutive winning seasons, all placed their stamp on a team that distinguished the Boys as a special franchise situated in a special state and special city with special fans around the world.

I would sum it up like this: The Cowboys represent class, glamour, and a winning tradition that makes fans from around the world. There will never be another franchise like the Cowboys. There is only one star in the lone star state.
great post,i couldnt agree more..we are the cowboys:worthy2:

Reaction score
The best thing about being a fan of this team is the notoriety you get when wearing anything saying "Dallas Cowboys"!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I like getting the best tables at restaurants in Farmer's Branch.
The best restaurant in town, is, of course, the Golden Corral. I gets to eat all I want and I just casually say, when entering, "By the way, I was having a talk with Jerry Jones today and he told me to ask for the table by the window." And Of course, I get that table.
What a great country!

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
its sumthing amazin..its as simple as wearing sum gear and you get the looks of ''oh another cowboys fan'' ....they hate us cuz we a bunch!

QT

Reaction score
The best thing about being a Cowboy fan is watching the Cowboys (win or lose) on Sundays (sometimes Mondays, Thursdays, and even Saturdays).