The big fat fire Garrett, Garrett was out coached, Garret Sucks thread **merged**

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
if we do that, we gotta do it now. Cant wait for another loss. Need some energy now..and firing Garrett would do that.

Agreed. If we wait much longer, I don't think we'll make the playoffs much less clinch the division. We'd be asking the team to win in Philly to have a chance. We need to win Sunday against Philly, and I think the team has looked down and out lately under Garrett. Completely uninspired and out of ideas. The offence has lost the creativity that it had early this season. Get rid of Garrett, and maybe we can spark a change. And get rid of Marinelli too. Fire both, and let Richard take over the head coach spot. Maybe Moore and Richard can work in a tandem like McVay and Wade.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
We can gripe all we want but Garret isn't getting fired at least until the end of the season or with just a couple games left.

morat1959

Reaction score
That is foolish. Garrett has some skills particularly when it comes to player development and motivation. I get his faults in terms of scheme and in the minute decision making.

You can certainly do better but you also can do worse.
Please!

basilhayden

Reaction score
Garrett is piece of garbage as a human being I'll bet.
I'm sure if it doesn't make him look good behind the scenes he would back stab his own family members.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
We can gripe all we want but Garret isn't getting fired at least until the end of the season or with just a couple games left.

If this team gets really humiliated for the 4th week in a row in front of a National audience and loses in a blow out to the Eagles I think that might potentially get the ball rolling on Garrett being fired before the season is over with.

Big_D

Reaction score
It was time to move on from Garrett way back in 2010. It’s really really time today!

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
If this team gets really humiliated for the 4th week in a row in front of a National audience and loses in a blow out to the Eagles I think that might potentially get the ball rolling on Garrett being fired before the season is over with.

Well, that ball might already be rolling but who do you replace him with? Moore? Marinelli?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Agreed. Another bad game against Philly JJ might as well roll the bones and see if either one can do anything as HC. Give them an honest shot at the rest of the season.

Exactly, and, with the bye week, it'll give Richard and Moore a chance to implement their plan for the rest of the season and see what we can salvage.

CoachD

Reaction score
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.....

The Good (have to dig deep for this one) Brandon Knight our back up right tackle played well again. Dak didn't throw any picks and the Cowboys actually got one.

The Bad (as hard as it was to "find the good" finding the bad will be easy) Another awful first half by the offense, too many penalties yet again, and another chip shot missed by Maher after making a couple of bombs!

The Ugly (heads up folks this is going to get messy) This is one of if not the worst coached teams in all of football. The Cowboys simply are not prepared to play week in week out. The Jets who were last in EVERYTHING offensively dominated the Cowboys which if you're like me you're totally embarrassed and pissed off! Now I said on Friday during my prediction I said that the Cowboys were playing for their season and Garrett was coaching for his job against the Jets, now I'm interested to see if I'm right but as of right now Garrett is still somehow the head coach of the Cowboys and by yet another miracle they're still in first place in the division but come Sunday night you'll see a team that has quit and the Cowboys will end up with a top 10 pick in the draft.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
they are calling for Garrett to step down in Dallas right now btw..and Marinelli. DOES JJ HAVE THE BALLS?
Humm. Have to check the marble bags set outside each room in jeruh playground, you know the ones he had placed at the doors for his coaches to place theirs in. Perhaps in his old tired mind he accidentally forgot he wasnt supposed to actually put his balls in one. It could happen when you place a puppet as HC, and know your the real HC, but for names sake you let your puppet wear the tag.

nobody

Reaction score
I honestly don't understand
the "let's wait for the Eagles"
mentality. The excuse we lost THEN
will be that the Eagles are a good team! It's Normal to lose then JJ will say.
The excuse NOW is we lost to an
awful team that was 0-4. Not normal to lose now!
The rational to fire Garrett NOW is much better than it will be next week!!
What the heck are you waiting for Jerry!! another bottle of Scotch?

Or keep Garrett for the rest of the season. What interim coach would want to be hamstrung with this mess? Better to let Garrett further torpedo the season..then Jerry can fire the entire coaching staff and hiring a real HC who will be able to pick his own staff and right this ship...oh wait, This is Jerry we're talking about. That's never going to happen. As long as Jerry remains boss, enjoy the mediocrity. It's the culture. An interim HC isn't going to change it for long, if at all.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
When you look at Garrett on the sidelines, he isn't doing anything. Jerry has created this multi-headed monster for a coaching staff where everyone reports to him. In effect, Jerry is the head coach. Garrett just has a list of responsibilities including timeouts, challenges, press conferences and clapping. If you replace Garrett with another person responsible for the same stuff, you won't fix the issue.

You are only really going to fix the problem if you go out and hire a Sean Payton and give that guy the authority to actually be Sean Payton. I have really, really, really low confidence that would actually happen. Lincoln Riley or some other puppet isn't fixing this.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I swear, I THINK Jerry must be a sexual deviant or something and Garrett and Marinelli must have the goods on him lol... AT THIS POINT, NO OTHER EXPLANATION FITS.