The Big Fat "I Told You So" Thread

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
JMO, of course. But there were extremists on both sides of the KD thing. Some were, he's a punk, cut 'em. Others were, "no, his story is believable" Let's support him.

But there were ton of them smack dab in the middle. Of course the story was shaky. Like BDC, there's alot more info to come out. This is only the beginning as far as I'm concerned.

I still think it's prudent to actually wait until even more info comes out before proclaiming victory.

Right on WG...

I've been too busy lately to post, so I never put in an opinion about Killer. So, I never be right, but more importantly never be wrong :)

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
There are 2 things you can be certain of in this world.

1. Nothing in this world is ever certain, except for #2.
2. Qwickdraw is always right.

Why is it the ones who throw stones at me during my predictions, conclusions, etc. are never anywhere to be found when the proof is revealed.

If you're big enough ridicule someone's beliefs then please be big enough to admit it when you're wrong.

This happens time and time again when people question my genius. The latest issue at hand would be the reveal that there is more to K. Davis' story than initially reported.

Thank you. That is all. :)

how old are you again?

what about those of us who said "wait till the whole story comes out before passing judgement? can we each start a LOOK AT ME I'M AN ATTENTION *****!!!!" thread now?

you're gonna love leaving your "teens" behind dude.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
iceberg said:
how old are you again?

what about those of us who said "wait till the whole story comes out before passing judgement? can we each start a LOOK AT ME I'M AN ATTENTION *****!!!!" thread now?

you're gonna love leaving your "teens" behind dude.

To heck with that...I want to go BACK to my teen years. :( :laugh1:

superpunk

Reaction score
iceberg said:
can we each start a LOOK AT ME I'M AN ATTENTION *****!!!!" thread now?

Yes. Because those that wait and see never get the credit they deserve, for not being know-it-all elitist jerks.

Because, if you never take an indefensible, ridiculous stance on an issue, you're never going to get to rub other people's noses in it, should your ridiculous theory come true.

And that's a damn shame.

http://img138.*************/img138/8599/attentionredla8.jpg

aikemirv

Reaction score
Does it really matter where he was coming from?

He probably lied so the Cowboys would not have a reason to get rid of him like before.

How many of you would lie about something like that for a couple of mill. If you would not keep talking, if you would you need to shutup.

As long as he did nothing to provoke the shooting, it does not matter whether he was coming from church or coming from a party.

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
WilmingtonHeel said:
BulletBob, the answer to your question is yes sir, But he didn't have to show up for work the next day and he is THERE now. Was it some questioned you better believe it but it's really a non issue now. Now if he somehow get's shot at during the season you better believe he'll be existing the next day

WH, I was merely making the point that it is certainly the "individual's perogative" to do whatever he/she wants on his/her time. However, all actions carry consequences. It is just as much the employer's perogative to view the consequences of the employee's actions as damaging (or potentially damaging) to the company.

I also do not agree with your assessment that it's really a non-issue right now (pre-season). This is the second incident. It forms a pattern. It also is a very strong indicator that this type of activity will re-surface in the future.

If nothing is done as a result, the message that is sent to the rest of the team is that a lack of integrity and inability to follow direction will not be met with any negative disciplinary action.

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
aikemirv said:

He probably lied so the Cowboys would not have a reason to get rid of him like before.

How many of you would lie about something like that for a couple of mill. If you would not keep talking, if you would you need to shutup.

As long as he did nothing to provoke the shooting, it does not matter whether he was coming from church or coming from a party.

Ponder this possibility: the very people who would not lie about "someting like that" are probably the same people who would not be driving home from a party at 5 AM with a hooker in the first place.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Rack said:
More then I could say for you. At least he's right twice a day. You? You're a running clock, that is wrong, but keeps on being wrong 24/7/365.

So what was it... KD was going to church or to lift weights? I can't remember which dumb excuse you thought up.

you might want to work on your reading comprehension there.

I repeatedly stated that I was waiting for actual media to come forward with a story. I said several times I wasn't defending Davis -- just noting that there were other possible explanations that needed to be ruled out. Folks said "why would X happen" and I provided an alternative explanation. That's an approach called the scientific method. Sorry you don't recognize it.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
aikemirv said:

it doesn't matter to me where he was coming from, no. if a private party, or a public one - I DON'T CARE. i go party all the time and i'm not a "bad" person.

it's his lying about it that's going to create a world of doubt about everything he says now.

as for the "lying to save $$$" - great. but will it work?

your crediblity is something you can only sell once. but you can never buy it back.

aikemirv

Reaction score
BulletBob said:
Ponder this possibility: the very people who would not lie about "someting like that" are probably the same people who would not be driving home from a party at 5 AM with a hooker in the first place.

Ponder this:

If he did nothing to instigate the shooting, it is nobody's business who he was with or where he was coming from. It could have just as well been you who were driving to work at 5:00am or driving through the night on a trip and a question he did not really have to answer if you ask me.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
To heck with that...I want to go BACK to my teen years. :( :laugh1:

not if i have to give up all i've learned over the years, no. : )

but man alive i do wish at times...

aikemirv

Reaction score
iceberg said:
it doesn't matter to me where he was coming from, no. if a private party, or a public one - I DON'T CARE. i go party all the time and i'm not a "bad" person.

it's his lying about it that's going to create a world of doubt about everything he says now.

as for the "lying to save $$$" - great. but will it work?

your crediblity is something you can only sell once. but you can never buy it back.

He should have just not answered the question, but if he did that, people would still just doubt him the same and say he was with a hooker when, as far as I know that has never been reported.

superpunk

Reaction score
aikemirv said:
He should have just not answered the question, but if he did that, people would still just doubt him the same and say he was with a hooker when, as far as I know that has never been reported.

Yeah, I never heard that either. That seems to be what happens in cases like this. People pick a side, flip the bird to reason and logic, and just make stuff up.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
aikemirv said:

if you tell the truth, yes it can cause some short term pain while you "hope" people believe you. but if you lie, no one will ever believe you again.

he made a stupid call and he's gonna pay the price. period.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Double Trouble said:
Have you taken up Nors' mantle?

You didn't exactly have to be Norman Einstein to think that it was almost a certainty that KD's story was untrue.

Interesting. Was Norman Einstein Albert's slightly ******** younger brother?:)