***The Bledsoe will determine the outcome of the game thread***

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
Just thought I'd get this in early before everyone starts pounding him for the inevitable bad plays he will have. :lmao2:

The Giants sacked Vick 7 times last week, they beat Philly, and they beat us the last time something mattered (last Dec = 4 sacks, 2 int's, and 2 fumbles which knocked us out of the playoffs). :bang2:

I suspect the giants will follow the pattern that philly used earlier this year. Unless we can figure out how to put a bubble around Bledsoe we are in for a dogfight tonight. I still feel we will win as long as he doesn't just kill us with stupid plays.

scrives

Reaction score
Bledsoe!!!!!! We have better hope he has a lights out game. if he plays liket he did in the Jaguar, Egirls, or Texans game we are done. With the talent we have on that offence we should be dominating people. Don't blow it Bledsoe don't blow it!!!!:explode: :pray2:

silver

Reaction score
scrives;1107060 said:
Bledsoe!!!!!! We have better hope he has a lights out game. if he plays liket he did in the Jaguar, Egirls, or Texans game we are done. With the talent we have on that offence we should be dominating people. Don't blow it Bledsoe don't blow it!!!!:explode: :pray2:

Oyimora & Strahan may have a say in the outcome too.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
I wish it would just stop.

I hope bledsoe stomps the giants, I hope he rushes for a touchdown and throws two more with no interceptions. Sad fact is that would do little to curb the cat calls for his head on a pike.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
scrives;1107060 said:
We have better hope he has a lights out game.

Nah. He just needs to be solid and manage the game. He doesn't need to be lights out.

If our Defense plays up to their capability, and our O-line continues helping JJ and MBIII put up good numbers, then we can win this game with a bus driver game from Bledsoe.

This game is going to come down to field positions and turnovers. Especially turnovers.

Whoever wins the turnover battle in this game will win it.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
I agree with the overall sentiment, that it depends on Bledsoe's play, but his play is so closely tied to our OL and their DL.

IMO if Bledsoe is protected even fairly well and we get average OL play, we don't lose.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
stealth;1107066 said:

I hope bledsoe stomps the giants, I hope he rushes for a touchdown and throws two more with no interceptions. Sad fact is that would do little to curb the cat calls for his head on a pike.

I don't know. Him doing that to put us in first place would make me really happy. He hasn't played well this year, no doubt about it. If he plays well tonight he will move one step closer to people believing in him again.

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
The only way we lose this game..............

score less points then the giants

superpunk

Reaction score
Vick is also getting sacked more per game than Bledsoe, on average, but whatever. I can't wait for Bledsoe to torch the Giants.

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
I actually put a $1,500 bet down with the guys at work today that Fabulous Fabini will make 10 game-changing plays tonight

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
cobra;1107069 said:
Nah. He just needs to be solid and manage the game. He doesn't need to be lights out.

If our Defense plays up to their capability, and our O-line continues helping JJ and MBIII put up good numbers, then we can win this game with a bus driver game from Bledsoe.

This game is going to come down to field positions and turnovers. Especially turnovers.

Whoever wins the turnover battle in this game will win it.

ESPN is accepting applications, captain obvious. :D

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
I used this a couple of weeks ago (mocking a Houston fan's keys to the game), but I thought it was relevant to this game also...

Cowboys Keys to the game:

1. Score points
2. Don't let them score points
3. Get first downs
4. Don't let them get first downs
5. Protect our QB
6. Sack theirs
7. Don't turn the ball over
8. Cause them to turn the ball over

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Ha, I was going to start one of these before the Eagles game. Sadly, this is true for each game. Our fortune goes with Bledsoe's play. If we get Mr. Interception it's difficult to overcome his play because his mistakes come in such inopportune times (i.e., the final 20 seconds of the game).

I just want the guy to be a bus driver. He doesn't have to carry the team. It has all the talent in the world. Just don't make numerous mental mistakes in one game.

ravidubey

Reaction score
stealth;1107066 said:

You can't curb this sentiment so don't try. I will say we are focusing way too much on a few faults of our team vs. the many multiple positives.

Rex Grossman gave up six turnovers in one game, Matt Hasselbeck looked pitiful against Chicago, Eli Manning utterly blew the Seattle game, Donovan McNabb failed miserably against Tampa.

QB's make mistakes and have limitations; be thankful we have a coach who understands that you can't force your QB to be the focal point of the entire team and expect to win consistently against excellent competition. For example, it's idiotic the way Reid has McNabb doing so much-- you'd have to be Superman to carry an offense the way Reid runs things.

Good teams can frustrate any QB; winning is the responsibility of the entire team and coaching staff.

Stautner

Reaction score
scrives;1107060 said:

This is pretty naive' - it's not as if we are so superior to the Giants that we completely outclass them at every position other than QB.

The fact is that even if Bledsoe plays well this should be a tough game.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
ravidubey;1107096 said:
QB's make mistakes and have limitations; be thankful we have a coach who understands that you can't force your QB to be the focal point of the entire team and expect to win consistently against excellent competition. For example, it's idiotic the way Reid has McNabb doing so much-- you'd have to be Superman to carry an offense the way Reid runs things.

Good teams can frustrate any QB; winning is the responsibility of the entire team and coaching staff.
:hammer:

I think any QB put under that much pressure is going to fail eventually.

Everyone was saying after Philly beat us that they may get out to a 8-1 or 7-2 start. McNabb was playing great, but the weekly grind will catch up to a QB who has to do it all more often than not.