***The Bledsoe will determine the outcome of the game thread***

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Stautner;1107098 said:
This is pretty naive' - it's not as if we are so superior to the Giants that we completely outclass them at every position other than QB.

The fact is that even if Bledsoe plays well this should be a tough game.
That may be so. But if Bledsoe played better in both of our 2 losses I think those games would have had wildly different final scores.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
theogt;1107104 said:
That may be so. But if Bledsoe played better in both of our 2 losses I think those games would have had wildly different final scores.

That's the case with a lot of QBs in a lot of games.

IE if Rex Grossman had played better against AZ, the score would have been wildly different.

If Donovan McNabb had played better against TB, the Eagles would have routed the Bucs... did you see those stats BTW??:eek:

Stautner

Reaction score
theogt;1107104 said:

I don't know about "wildly" different scores, but I would agree that Bledsoe's poor play was a big part of both of those losses.

The bottom line is that Bledsoe has to play well for us to have a chance to win - it's not accurate to say Bledsoe has to play poorly for the Giants to have a chance to win.

pittman11

Reaction score
i hope we blow them right out of texas i played them yesterday on madden 07 the final score was dallas 66 giants 14 bledsoe had 745 yards 9 td's and 3 int tg had 3 td's to had 2td's so i going on the fact that we are going to dominate this game in big d GO COWBOYS

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
peplaw06;1107113 said:
That's the case with a lot of QBs in a lot of games.

IE if Rex Grossman had played better against AZ, the score would have been wildly different.

If Donovan McNabb had played better against TB, the Eagles would have routed the Bucs... did you see those stats BTW??:eek:
Which stats?

ravidubey

Reaction score
peplaw06;1107102 said:
I think any QB put under that much pressure is going to fail eventually.

Everyone was saying after Philly beat us that they may get out to a 8-1 or 7-2 start. McNabb was playing great, but the weekly grind will catch up to a QB who has to do it all more often than not.

History tends to repeat itself (to the delight no doubt of many Vegas pundits). Remember the 1992 MNF game in Philadelphia when Dallas lost 31-7 with Aikman throwing picks, Herschel Walker scoring multiple TDs for Philly, and the Philly D unstoppable? There were signs in the stands "Any Questions?" referring to who was the best team and Dan Dierdorf replied "Nope!" It was assumed Philly was going to dominate the NFC East.

Well that didn't happen, in fact Philly lost the next 4 games in a row after the high of beating Dallas and it's happening again. BTW, we won the first of our 1990's Superbowls that year-- hopefully that history will repeat itself too ;).

superpunk

Reaction score
theogt;1107104 said:

It's a team game. Bledsoe's stats in those losses are convenient talking points, but he did not lose those games any more than he won our three victories.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
theogt;1107125 said:
Which stats?

Total Net Yards

PHI - 506
TB - 196

4 turnovers (3 picks), 2 pick sixes and 3 FGs later (30, 44, 62) and you get a Philly loss

Doomsday101

Reaction score
All I can say is for Bledsoe to get his job done others around him have to do their as well.

cowboyfreak

Reaction score
Lucky for Bledsoe...

It's not on him- I think our running game and our ability to stop the run is key in the game.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
superpunk;1107142 said:
It's a team game. Bledsoe's stats in those losses are convenient talking points, but he did not lose those games any more than he won our three victories.
Yeah, yeah yeah. It's a team game. Phooey. If one player has an absolute horrible game with multiple turnovers (at the worst possible time) -- particularly the QB -- the blame is/should be laid at their feet.

I'll also take this moment to rant about "blaming the refs." People say you shouldn't blame the refs because the team shouldn't have put the game in a position where the refs could affect the game. Phooey. If a team does everything it can to be in a position to win a game and doesn't because of a mistake by the refs -- blame the freakin' refs!!!

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
FLCowboyFan;1107058 said:
Just thought I'd get this in early before everyone starts pounding him for the inevitable bad plays he will have. :lmao2:

The Giants sacked Vick 7 times last week, they beat Philly, and they beat us the last time something mattered (last Dec = 4 sacks, 2 int's, and 2 fumbles which knocked us out of the playoffs). :bang2:

I suspect the giants will follow the pattern that philly used earlier this year. Unless we can figure out how to put a bubble around Bledsoe we are in for a dogfight tonight. I still feel we will win as long as he doesn't just kill us with stupid plays.

If we can get a running game going with Julius and Marion, then that will keep Bledsoe somewhat upright and able to make some nice plays downfield.

Let's hope our O-line is ready to pass block tonight, especially against the Giants DE's.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
peplaw06;1107148 said:
Total Net Yards

PHI - 506
TB - 196

4 turnovers (3 picks), 2 pick sixes and 3 FGs later (30, 44, 62) and you get a Philly loss
Yikes.

superpunk

Reaction score
theogt;1107161 said:
Yeah, yeah yeah. It's a team game. Phooey. If one player has an absolute horrible game with multiple turnovers (at the worst possible time) -- particularly the QB -- the blame is/should be laid at their feet.

I'll also take this moment to rant about "blaming the refs." People say you shouldn't blame the refs because the team shouldn't have put the game in a position where the refs could affect the game. Phooey. If a team does everything it can to be in a position to win a game and doesn't because of a mistake by the refs -- blame the freakin' refs!!!

You can put JAX at Bledsoe's feet. Not Philly.

Stautner

Reaction score
superpunk;1107142 said:

I agree - to a point.

There is no denying that a mistake by a QB is much more likely to have a huge negative impact on the game than a mistake by other positions.

An INT or fumble is much more likely to hurt the team than an offsides penalty or a missed block or missed tackle.

Obviously missed blocks and missed tackles can lead to big problems, especially if they happen often, but on individual plays their generally is an opportunity for other teammates or individual effort to cover for those mistakes so that any negative effect is small, but no one can cover for a ball thrown into a DB's arms. Even if the defense stops the other team after an INT we still wasted a scoring opportunity of our own.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
superpunk;1107167 said:
You can put JAX at Bledsoe's feet. Not Philly.
Well there's that little problem of being on the 5 yard line with 20 seconds to go and throwing an INT.

superpunk

Reaction score
Bach;1107170 said:
Ah yes, he was really good in Philly :rolleyes:

No, he wasn't. That's a bizarre take. He threw 3 int's. How can you say he was really good?

Craziness..... :cool:

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Maybe it's the 'Bledsoe will dictate the rest of his career" thread...

Ok it was BSPN and Ed Werder, but just now (3 PM EST) Werder claimed 'several Cowboys players" told him that Drew understands very well the next two games (Jints, Cats) will decide if he continues as starting QB.

Werder (why am I even relating this :) said Parcells feels he has 'a Drew Brees type QB' in Romo, and won't hesitate to insert him if Drew fails this two week test.

I did think the Drew Brees comparison was interesting, as he's Tuna's protege's QB in New Orleans, and Payton was Tony R's biggest backer here (or so we think).

But of course..the source must be considered....

superpunk

Reaction score
theogt;1107171 said:
Well there's that little problem of being on the 5 yard line with 20 seconds to go and throwing an INT.

There's a problem of the rest of the team giving the Eagles 28 points that forced us to be throwing with 20 seconds to go on the 5 to go to overtime.

I don't see all that many Bench Watkins and Bench McBriar threads, though. Which is weird.