The blueprint to slow the Rams was provided by Detroit?

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Hell, this has Tampa 2 written all over it........bend but don't break. Keep everything in front and make good tackles.

It's a little more than that, I think if we can get some pressure and disguise coverages, Goff will struggle reading the coverages. Some Tampa 2, cover 2 shells, etc. Goff will make mistakes, especially if he starts feeling nervous in the pocket.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Hell, this has Tampa 2 written all over it........bend but don't break. Keep everything in front and make good tackles.
This and I know he has different personnel but didn't we do ok when he was the Skins O coordinator?

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Games don't end in the third quarter.......

No one is saying it does, but the fact that a mediocre defense limited the Rams till the last 6 minutes and then gave up a desperation score isn't like the Rams blew them out or that there wasn't something that could be learned from the game. Funny how after the Lions held them in check for most of the game the Rams lost games back to back to teams that played a similar style against them, basically play coverage and and take your chances that the QB will make mistakes. Sure, they came back their last two games to blow out Arizona and San Fran...two of the worst teams in the league. If our D line can pressure him with the front 4, our chances of victory will increase significantly. Or maybe you think we should go out there and try to get in a shootout with them?

HungryLion

Reaction score
I've always said I don't get why LB do that anyway. I understand if it's like 3rd/4th inches getting fooled but otherwise just wait till the rb gets to you if your dline doesn't stop him then make the play. Seems pretty common but people's instincts get used against them all the time

It’s the same with the RPO’s. Smart play is for the DE to stay outside and play the quarterback let the interior DL and LB’s handle the running backs.

Yet, so many times you see the DE get sucked down and leave a huge edge for the QB to run around.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
It’s the same with the RPO’s. Smart play is for the DE to stay outside and play the quarterback let the interior DL and LB’s handle the running backs.

Yet, so many times you see the DE get sucked down and leave a huge edge for the QB to run around.
Exactly but like I said people use that aggressiveness against players at times

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
No one is saying it does, but the fact that a mediocre defense limited the Rams till the last 6 minutes and then gave up a desperation score isn't like the Rams blew them out or that there wasn't something that could be learned from the game. Funny how after the Lions held them in check for most of the game the Rams lost games back to back to teams that played a similar style against them, basically play coverage and and take your chances that the QB will make mistakes. Sure, they came back their last two games to blow out Arizona and San Fran...two of the worst teams in the league. If our D line can pressure him with the front 4, our chances of victory will increase significantly. Or maybe you think we should go out there and try to get in a shootout with them?
I was just trying to say a good run game wears defenses out and the fourth quarter is when it happens.

Hence the thirty-burger they ended up with.

The cowboys just need to play their game, stuff the run early and watch Goff implode.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
The score was 16-13 until the last 6 minutes of the game. The Lions had the right game plan, just not the talent to completely pull it off, coupled with a bad turnover. The game was a lot closer than the score indicated.

I watched the game. The Rams screwed up a lot more than the Lions stopped them. It could have been a lot worse than it was.

reddyuta

Reaction score
We wont load up to save the run,we have Smith and LVe to close quickly.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Yeah, people just look at the final score and assume it wasn't a close game. The Rams scored with about 6 minutes left to get to 24. Lions then went down the field but had to settle on a FG after a near TD catch by Golladay. Detroit kicked an onside kick and the Rams were able to put it away. But their offense wasn't exactly explosive all day. Even Gurley's day was deceptive. He only had about 60 yds and no TDs until they scored with 6 minutes left. He had about a 15 yd TD run then, and then had a 40 yd scamper when Detroit was selling out at the end of the game. The Lions did a very good job of staying in the game with a team much better than them.

Make whatever narrative you want, but I remember Goff having a bad off day. Now if you want to hope Goff has a bad off day against us I'll buy in to that.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Am I missing something? Is there another page?

All I see about a plan is, "don't chase the run".

Yeah, no kidding. Where's the defensive plan at?

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score

I've been saying it for years and I'm just repeating the coaches and players. DL is coached to "play the run on the way to the QB". QB is priority. They don't often ignore QB and focus on playing the run.

Just a strategic choice with pros and cons, one being this causes them to have breakdowns in containment against mobile QBs.

Having the sideline to sideline LBs we have, and what they've developed into, it's less of a problem now. It's easier to keep contain with a DE going QB first every play if your LBs are good. We were getting eaten alive by mobile QBs on simple rpos, passes to flat, rollouts, etc. to start the season.

Aggression enables your DL but tests your LBs more as a result in my opinion.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Listen guys , the Rams a superb team ; with much better season results then the 'Boys .

The odds are in their favor (-6.5) ... whatever we can do , we must do .

It wont be a hard win , it will be a real hard win .

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I was just trying to say a good run game wears defenses out and the fourth quarter is when it happens.

The cowboys just need to play their game, stuff the run early and watch Goff implode.

Their run game was ineffective until the very end of the game. Gurley had 78 yards on 19 carries before finally getting a 13 yd TD, then got a garbage time run where defense stacks the line, he found a crease and there was no one there. Detroit had more TOP and they had the same number of plays.

You just see 30 pts and refuse to look at how the game played out. Fine. What I am saying is there is more to the game than the final score.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Lets just hope our defense can stop them , because we got nothing at offense to compete with them .

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score

Agreed. Dallas needs to control the TOP, wear the Rams D down....and play coverage, taking away the big play action pass which is what Goff thrives on. He will force and force interceptions.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Lets just hope our defense can stop them , because we got nothing at offense to compete with them .

Our offense against their defense isn't the mismatch you seem to think it is. They have a very mediocre defense despite the presence of Donald. If Dallas lets one player destroy their offense they deserve to lose.

And their offense against our defense just might not be as big of a mismatch as you think either.

Our offense doesn't play their offense.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Our offense against their defense isn't the mismatch you seem to think it is. They have a very mediocre defense despite the presence of Donald. If Dallas lets one player destroy their offense they deserve to lose.

And their offense against our defense just might not be as big of a mismatch as you think either.

Our offense doesn't play their offense.

I sure hope so ...:)