The bottom line is Dak didn't deliver

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
5 sacks and 14 QB hits. Dak's fault??? O Line badly needs new blood that can actually play.
well, Moore had a bad game plan. the scheme, play designs were bad. then OL played bad when they had a chance. then when OL played better, Dak had mis throws and missed open recievers. then we had 7 pre-snap penalties...totally avoidable. so yeah. total team collapse.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This will be my last post until next year….

Dak’s fault? What game did you watch? O-line couldn’t protect him and they had zero ability to block in the run game. He wasn’t committing atrocious penalties that put us further and further behind the sticks. No run game, no play action. Period. And that was with SF rushing 4 players. How many 1st-3rd with 20+ did we have? How many had anything to do with Prescott? No QB is going to consistently overcome that. No QB in the NFL is even asked to, at least not this year.

Dak doesn’t install the game plan. That’s Moore’s responsibility. You think Dak ***** up a brilliant game plan? He didn’t.

And that ‘vaunted defense’…where was it? Yeah, they held SF to FGs a bunch of times, but they were run on like chumps. Dak can’t play from the sideline.

I blame Dak for the last play. He had to take the 10 yards and get down. In the end, I still think we got jobbed by the ref when he moved the ball backwards and then forwards again. That was the one second we needed, but it should’ve never come to that.

This was an incredibly undisciplined, uninspired team loss. The persistent, season-long pre-snap penalties were an embarrassment on both sides of the ball. I can’t say for certain, but it’s very hard to imagine that these penalties aren’t evident in practice. They always were when I played, but I’m not at the Star watching. I guess it’s possible that practices are ultra-clean, but then all that discipline flies out the window EVERY game day. Possible, but not likely.

Very disappointing. McClay put the personnel in place. The rest is up to the coaches and players, both of which didn’t show up to win this past Sunday.

See you next year.

Yeah, post something stupid then run away. How can you not blame Dak for this failure? He came out flat and could do nothing on offense the entire first qaurter. He repeated the feat after halftime by putting up a donut in the 3rd quarter. He got most of his yards against a prevent defense down 23-7. The QB is the most important position on the field and he didn't show up.

khiladi

Reaction score
You know how much of an impact the QB has on the team?

Jimmy G completely outplayed Dak Prescott, but he threw what every 49er feared would happen, an INT that sailed over the head of a wide open WR by like 4 feet into the hands of Anthony Brown in scoring position.

That pass is made, it’s over and it’s no longer a double digit score for the Cowboys. They would still be wallowing in the single digit range and that idiotic play by JG made Dak’s numbers look more respectable than what was even close to his performance on the field.

QBs have way more impact than any other player.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
We all know the QB cannot win or lose a game on his own, so I’ll only ask this.
Exactly who did deliver among coaches and players?
Anger delivered. Shultz delivered. Who else?
zeurline for a change. parsons....Diggs got owned. gregory and the rest of the DL got owned. zero sacks.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
It is not easy but it starts with someone capable of recognizing that kind of talent and ceiling. I think you are about to have to add Joe Burrow to that list. But, none of the guys you have listed as elite were the first QB taken on the board. We all know Brady's story. Rodgers lasted until the 24th pick. Mahomes was the 11th pick. Josh Allen was the 3rd QB taken. The Dallas Cowboys haven't used a first round pick on a Qb since 1989. We got lucky with Romo who underachieved but had all the tools. Dak doesn't have all the tools and comes with a much lower ceiling. But, I understand the salary cap and I know we are stuck with him.

They way you win with Dak Prescott is by turning him back into the bus driver QB he was in his rookie year, and building the defense. He should be focused on moving the chains by any means necessary.

How much of this is also the situation and the ability to work with the QB to take that step? Does anyone think that any of these guys would be elite if they were taken by the Jags or the Browns?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I won’t argue about his bad performance against the 49’ers but the rest is just an attempt to grind an axe.

Its a narrative on his career. You got a better one? He's a top 15 Qb thats not capable of leading a team to a super bowl.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Its a narrative on his career. You got a better one? He's a top 15 Qb thats not capable of leading a team to a super bowl.

Let's start with a QB who can't beat a playoff caliber team. We can cross the SB bridge when he can give the team a reasonable performance that gives them a chance to win. So far this season the only game he showed anything in was the Tampa game.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How much of this is also the situation and the ability to work with the QB to take that step? Does anyone think that any of these guys would be elite if they were taken by the Jags or the Browns?

Nobody has worked harder than Dak on his throwing mechanics. Some things can't be taught. That silly hip thing he does before games is all about throwing mechanics. If he played well and we lost, fine. He played poorly at home against a team that barely made the playoffs. He didn't show up.

Some things can't be taught. Look at Brady and explain whats so different about him physically? A lot of the successful QB make-up isn't physical. Its between the ears. Peyton Manning bus drove a team to a Super bowl with a noodle for an arm.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's start with a QB who can't beat a playoff caliber team. We can cross the SB bridge when he can give the team a reasonable performance that gives them a chance to win. So far this season the only game he showed anything in was the Tampa game.

.....which we lost b/c he couldn't manage a clock and gave the ball back to Brady.

Plankton

Reaction score
A full offseason to work on his mechanics without worrying about blowing out that calf again will probably take care of that. I really think that as much as anything was the reason Dak was so different in the second half of the season.. I think getting three injuries so close together, the ankle, the shoulder, then the calf screwed with his head. You could really see it on his rollout passes. Dak is literally the most accurate on the run thrower I've ever seen.. yet over the second half of this season he was as inconsistent on those throws as Tim Tebow.. And the #1 reason why I think was the unwillingness to trust that he was going to be able land safely on that outside leg.. To make those throws you have to plant that right foot and fire.. Dak couldn't/wouldn't do that in the second half of the season.. and it showed up in his accuracy on those throws. Which used to be his bread and butter.

Ummmm.....Joe Montana?

hopemsu

Reaction score
Dak was terrible, and the NFL is all about the QB.

Finding a championship level QB is extremely difficult, unfortunately.

Being a contender is all about the offensive and defensive line. Tom Brady, Patrick Mahomes, Aaron Rodgers never won anything without a good o-line and a defensive tackle.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

A lot of quarterbacks fit that absolute description. I think it’s lazy.

Reactions: G2

MyFairLady

Reaction score
It is easy to accept defeat in the NFL when you have a bad QB. It is inevitable. It is harder to accept losing in the NFL when you lose with the highest paid QB ever when he poops his pants.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He's better than that, you constantly bash him and completely ignore all of the factors that go into an offense. I almost wish Prescott would get traded so you clowns could come up with new talking points.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Being a contender is all about the offensive and defensive line. Tom Brady, Patrick Mahomes, Aaron Rodgers never won anything without a good o-line and a defensive tackle.
These guys play in the championship games and super bowl all the time. They elevate the play of those around them. They make up for deficiencies elsewhere. They are 40 million dollar QBs.

kskboys

Reaction score
Burrow and Herbert were basically taken by the Jags/Browns. Same type team, and they've uplifted them.