The Boys Most Pressing Offseason Need.

Manster68

Reaction score
superpunk said:
Right. And I doubt a rookie OT is going to be any sort of improvement over Pettiti.

Unless Dallas sells the farm and gets D'Brickashaw Ferguson. I do not see that happening though.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
mschmidt64 said:
As far as FS goes, Keith Davis just isn't starting material.

In this thread, you basically told the board that the Cowboys two biggest holes that were exploited over and over again during the regular season were actually fine.

I like winning, so I am forced to disagree.

You're wrong here. Davis did fine for a 1st year starter, and Parcells said as much in his end of the year press conference. He needs to make more big plays, and not just big hits, but FS was not anywhere near the biggest hole on this team, not even the biggest hole on the defense.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing some veteran cometition. Coleman, for instance, makes an awful lot of sense if he's let go.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
mschmidt64 said:
I strongly disagree.

Winston Justice is going to be a very good tackle.

Jacob Rogers would have been fine but he's brittle like glass. Justice does not share those same injury problems.

If you subtract those concerns, and you look at him from a talent standpoint, Justice is legit and much better than Rogers (a player who himself was not a liability talent-wise).

I actually still kind of hope Rogers gets healthy and backs up Flozell.

I'd love to get Winston Justice though. He'll be excellent, book it.
Justice was whipped up in the Senior bowl, seemed like slow feet to me.

With all the speed rushers these days, you need a guy whos strong, but more importantly great footwork and balance. Ferguson/Colledge are 2 that come to mind, except Colledge might have problems with massive DE's.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
mschmidt64 said:
Such as?

I think I'm gonna end up with Winston Justice about the 10th best player on my board.

Lemme guess... you're a USC fan, right?

Justice top 10? No f'in way.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Did you know that as regards sacks Pettiti was not that much worse at all to the top OT's taken last year? The gap was not big. So getting a rookie this year would not appreciably upgrade the quality of play there. Pettiti was learning a new position, had lost a lot of weight, and had a bad ankle for almost half a season. He will be stronger and more experienced this year. And should be healthy. So he will be better. HOW much better is the question. BUT it is UNLIKELY that any rookie we get will be any better. OR as good THIS year. SO if we make a move it has to be in FA.