Video: The Break: "La'el Collins didn't have any cartilege in his hip"

Rayman70

Reaction score
OT better be a top 3 round priority this offseason. We have a rebuild to do at both tackle spots IMO. To ignore the injury history of Tyron and now Lalell is a mistake.

Rayman70

Reaction score
we gotta rebuild the trenches ..both lines of scrimmage. You do not build from the back up...you start up front. As bad as we need a safety,and linebacker, we better focus in the trenches first and often.

fivetwos

Reaction score
OT better be a top 3 round priority this offseason. We have a rebuild to do at both tackle spots IMO. To ignore the injury history of Tyron and now Lalell is a mistake.
They will absolutely ignore it, and fully count on those two to return to form.

Then when it doesnt work next year, theres the excuse for 2021, and when they fix it for 2022, theres the new hope to sell....our big weakness is fixed!!

Then another problem arises. Rinse, repeat.

They are never in front of anything. Franchise is run on pure reaction.

cowboyed

Reaction score
I will see your True Romance and raise you a Lock,Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels. Walken scene in True Romance was epic.
Lock, Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels wasn't too shabby either. The small parts weren't too shabby in True Romance either. Brad Pitt as a stoked out hippie. One of Christian Slater's best movies.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
With the discussion around this year's upcoming salary cap the most important thing is to get cap room, and get surplus draft picks for this and next year.

MM is transitioning this team away from Garrett's fingerprints. He needs new players and more draft picks to quickly poise the team to harvest good FA talent, and stock the cupboard with good young and cheap players.

They have blown the years of having their QB position at a lower number. Now they have to get creative while their starting QB could consume as much as 10-13% of the overall cap.

Tactics for this year:

1. Release vets who you are anticipating on the decline.
2. Take cash to pick up quality vets who will be ejected in the post-Covid cap year.
3. Stock draft picks and get players at all positions, but see if you can make moves in the middle of the defence. DT, MLB and FS.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I would take this info with a total grain of assault. He is a writer, not a doctor who has the medicals on Collins. Team never said this was a career threatening injury and tried to avoid surgery. Unless the team comes out and says Collins is done, I am not going to believe anything I hear.

I do take it with a grain of salt.

But Dave was very specific about it, and no one on The Break questioned or contradicted it. I had never heard about it before, and it definitely woke me up when Dave said it. It's obviously big news *if true*, and *if you hadn't heard it before*.
That no one commented on it suggests that they *already* knew.

lockster

Reaction score
Well ultimately, we need to find a good source to ask to confirm or refute

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
People that were lying about the severity and seriousness of his season-costing injury ought to be ashamed of themselves!

Not good news at all. Can't find anything on the internet to say whether it was a hip replacement type of surgery or something less? Either way, this doesn't bode well for La'el's future.

With Tyron Smith getting up there in age and needed surgery himself due to his body frequently breaking down,....

I blame mostly Fat Collins For most of the woes in this season, if he had worked in the offseason and came in shape as well as didnt have Stupid car accident, we will be atleast set with RT and Knight/ Erving would have been serviceable. Martin would have been RG and the line would be much stable and we would have taken NFC east easily.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I blame mostly Fat Collins For most of the woes in this season, if he had worked in the offseason and came in shape as well as didnt have Stupid car accident, we will be atleast set with RT and Knight/ Erving would have been serviceable. Martin would have been RG and the line would be much stable and we would have taken NFC east easily.
I somewhat agree, but it's quite possible Collins came in out of shape due to his very bad hip that has required surgery.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I do take it with a grain of salt.

But Dave was very specific about it, and no one on The Break questioned or contradicted it. I had never heard about it before, and it definitely woke me up when Dave said it. It's obviously big news *if true*, and *if you hadn't heard it before*.
That no one commented on it suggests that they *already* knew.

We will know the extent of his injury with the actions the team takes in the off-season. If they either sign or draft a Tackle starter, we know something is up, but if they do the latter, means they don't forsee this injury being career threatening.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
The good thing here is L Collins went from almost spending a decade in prison to being a millionaire.

I get what you are trying to say but you think that is a little exaggerated? He was never charged or put on trial. As a matter of fact he was just questioned in the death of a former girlfriend and wasn’t even ever considered a suspect.