The Bye Week Blessing

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Anyone get the feeling that the bye week is coming at the PERFECT time?

DallasCowboysRule!

Reaction score
Definately. I don't think Romo is too big a deal. He seemed to finish the game OK. I'm abit more concerned about Flozell. Hopefully it isn't too bad. It'll be nice to get Henry back after the bye as well.

SDogo

Reaction score
I was looking at it from as it's good for the whole team and the coaching staff. I think these first 7 games have taken an emotional and physical tole on this team. They look exhausted.

burmafrd

Reaction score
This team needs the BYE real bad. We should have smoked these guys and we barely beat them.

STSINAZ

Reaction score
yes...flozell is hurt...tony is hurting..newman is hurting...glenn and henry need to get back...alot of recovery time...i hope we have everyone back for philly, we will need them

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Yeah, it's a good time for a bye to rest, regroup, and get a player or two back from the injury in time for divisional games.

dalboy

one man wolf pack
Reaction score
ya but we have to play phily, then NY, and then the Reds. That sucks!!!

sago1

Reaction score
Glad to hear that the Eagles lost. Sure hope their luck continues when we play them. Hopefully, except for TGlenn, we will be healthy but am worried about Flozel. OTOH, that's why we have depth at the OT position this time. While I really hope Flozel fully healthy by Eagles game, I expect McQuistan to step up to replace him if necessary.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;1722430 said:
Anyone get the feeling that the bye week is coming at the PERFECT time?

yep...really glad we are getting it...they need to get some guys healthy and improve some things on both sides of the ball...really really fortunate we are 6-1, we arnt that far from 4-3...

there were some good things today, but Minnesota is a totally one dimensional team with a lousy QB...when you have to rely on blocking a FG and returning it for a TD to beat a bad team at home, there are things to get better at

lets get healthy, shore up some issues and then come back and end the Eagles season in two weeks...November's schedule is going to be a b!tch

David

Roughneck

Reaction score
dalboy;1722665 said:
ya but we have to play phily, then NY, and then the Reds. That sucks!!!
We have to play MLB too? Just *** great. Time to call up our old QBs from the minors.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
we take 2 of 3 we'll be fine( especially if one of the two is NYG)

SDogo

Reaction score
windward;1722770 said:
we take 2 of 3 we'll be fine( especially if one of the two is NYG)

If we only take 2 of these next 3 I hope it's the Giants and Skins. As much as I hate losing to the Eagles you have to look at the big picture.

cowboybacker4life

Reaction score
I don't understand some of these people saying we should have smoked the Vikings. News Flash coming into this game the Vikings had lost all their games by a total of 13 points. They are a very good defensive team.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
cowboybacker4life;1722783 said:
I don't understand some of these people saying we should have smoked the Vikings. News Flash coming into this game the Vikings had lost all their games by a total of 13 points. They are a very good defensive team.

they've been very good vs the run...but they've been bad vs the pass and have a terrible offense with a very inaccurate, inexperienced QB

we shouldnt have had to rely on a blocked FG for TD to win, especially at home

David

burmafrd

Reaction score
We should have beaten the Vikes easily. Between our mistakes and our offensive impotence, we let them hang with us way too long. THAT will come back and haunt you sooner or later.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
4-0 vs the NFC......1-0 vs the NFC East.

Next week the Giants play the Dolphins, win for GMen (6-2). The Skins play at the Pats, loss for Skins (4-3). The Eagles play at Vikings, win for Eagles (3-4).

Our first 3 games out of the bye will definitely set the tone for how we finish the season.

Week 9: at Philly (if we win), Skins beat the Jets
Dallas 7-1, Giants 6-2, Skins 5-3, Eagles 3-5

Week 10: at GMen (if we win), Philly at Wash (Skins win)
Dallas 8-1, Giants 6-3, Skins 6-3, Eagles 3-6

Week 11: vs Skins (if we win), Giants beat Detroit, Eagles beat Dolphins

Dallas 9-1, 4-0 NFCE, 7-0 NFC
NYG 7-3, 2-2 NFCE, 5-3 NFC
Wash 7-3, 2-2 NFCE, 4-3 NFC
Philly 4-6, 0-4 NFCE, 1-6 NFC

This would be so sweet going into Thanksgiving with a 3 game division lead.....and actually, it could be even sweeter. Philly and NYG could beat Wash, Detroit could beat the Giants, and the Vikings could beat Philly.

However, I feel my scenario has been pretty fair.