The Carton Show: "Jerry Jones has closed the checkbook."

shabazz

Reaction score
“All in” really meant “all out”.

This will be a very different team in 2025 and that’s a great thing.
I'm actually getting my hopes up for 2025 with a new HC and hopefully some drafted players that will actually contribute... but then I remember who our FO is.

I'm gonna have to see them cede some control to a real football man to run operations and change the culture of this team from top to bottom before I become a true believer.

Needless to say I'm not holding my breath

Big_D

Reaction score
It’s a little screwed up because he’s the reason they don’t win in the playoffs. There’s absolutely no way they should pay Dak at this point, but asking these players to win playoff games ‘or else’ when the roster simply isn’t good enough seems like typical Jerry. Pass the buck and find any and all scapegoats. Learn how to build a D that doesn’t get run over. Bring in legit tackles and LBs. The same dam issue that’s been plaguing this team for decades now boils down to these 3 guys? lol

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Aaron Donald is in contention for top 3 defensive players ever, definitely the best in this era. And he still needed Stafford to win.
Stafford led that Rams team to wins in the divisional, conference, and Super Bowl game without 100 yards of rushing support though.

So, he did 3 games in a row, IN THE PLAYOFFS, something that Dak has only done 9 times in his entire career.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
It’s a little screwed up because he’s the reason they don’t win in the playoffs. There’s absolutely no way they should pay Dak at this point, but asking these players to win playoff games ‘or else’ when the roster simply isn’t good enough seems like typical Jerry. Pass the buck and find any and all scapegoats. Learn how to build a D that doesn’t get run over. Bring in legit tackles and LBs. The same dam issue that’s been plaguing this team for decades now boils down to these 3 guys? lol
This post is spot on!!!!!!!!!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is a shame Jerry Jones may have finally learned a lesson about how to pay players in his 80's that should have been commonsense in his 50's. That said, he should pay CeeDee Lamb as stated in the video.
I think jerry has a couple problems....hes old school with the money....never really adjusted to the cap.

Plus hes just too friendly with his players. Many of them become "his guys" like family...and he just wants to give them money and hope we get lucky....at some point.
Very endearing but not a good business model for nfl.

Last edited:

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I agree he’s earned an extension as it stands. Parsons can be kicked another year and if you want to play hardball with he and Dak, go for it.

But CeeDee is a top 5 WR in the league.
Appears they're waiting to see what Jefferson wants, is he on that level, Jefferson doesn't want 32 million, what to do?

Sydla

Reaction score
LOL, they literally can't do anything right. Jerry should have blown up the team this year, swallowed his pride and cheapness, dumped McCarthy, told Dak and his agent to find a trade, etc.

Instead, they are literally just gonna throw a season away with nothing gained. I am beginning to hate this franchise.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I am starting to feel bad for people who really believe they will let Dak and or CD and or Micah walk.
Yea because they are going to get their money either here or someplace else. Probably better for them if they do leave.