The Carton Show: "Jerry Jones has closed the checkbook."

TexasBacon

Reaction score
“All in” really meant “all out”.

This will be a very different team in 2025 and that’s a great thing.
You want Dak gone so badly that you are blind to how bad this FO is. You cite all these statistics about how Dak can't overcome his poor playoff performances based on his body of work (which is fair, don't get me wrong), so what on Earth makes you think that this FO, who have an even longer rate of consistently failing to field a championship team, are going to magically turn it around in a few short years just because Dak is gone? Jimmy put together the winning SB rosters, ever since he's been gone Jerry and Stephen have consistently failed at evaluating high end QB talent, lucked into Dak and Romo, and then failed to take advantage of Dak being on a rookie deal. They are terrible at player evaluation, blind to their own picks, can only hire coaches who will bow to them, and subpar at best at roster construction. The only thing they are decent at is drafting non-QBs, and that's just some of the time. It could easily be another decade of Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson, Vinny Testaverde, etc. When the only top QBs they've been linked to are guys like Johnny Manziel and Paxton Lynch (and that's even during the McClay era), it feels like we are in trouble no matter how anyone slices it, unless the Jones' helicopter goes down in flames with Jerry, Stephen, and probably Jerry Jr. all on board.

Last edited:

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
You all should know by now that the Cowboys wait until the very last minute to do anything.

I still think there is better than a 50-50 chance that they get deals done with all three players. Dak? Probably next offseason on the eve of free agency. Lamb, probably late this summer since there's rumors he may hold out. And Micah? Sometime in 2025 since Dallas can still use the fifth year option on his rookie contract.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Just remember, the only thing Cowboy fans care about is being the most profitable franchise.
Unfortunately you are right based upon some of the comments that have been made. And like I say, there is nothing fundamentally different from this than there is cheering for some soulless corporation. "YAY! WALMART!!!" "GOOOO APPLE!!!"

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Unfortunately you are right based upon some of the comments that have been made. And like I say, there is nothing fundamentally different from this than there is cheering for some soulless corporation. "YAY! WALMART!!!" "GOOOO APPLE!!!"
Nah, we have better cheerleaders than Walmart or Apple! :laugh:

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
What that meant to Jerry and what that meant for everyone else breathing air are 2 different things.

Clearly!
Don't let Jerry off the hook. He knew exactly how his comment would be taken by the fans. It was clearly snake oil. He only said it because of how angry Cowboys fans were after the GB game showed us the true colors of htis franchise as it is currently built.

75boyz

Reaction score
LOL, they literally can't do anything right. Jerry should have blown up the team this year, swallowed his pride and cheapness, dumped McCarthy, told Dak and his agent to find a trade, etc.

Instead, they are literally just gonna throw a season away with nothing gained. I am beginning to hate this franchise.
Yep, to all of the above.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'm actually getting my hopes up for 2025 with a new HC and hopefully some drafted players that will actually contribute... but then I remember who our FO is.

I'm gonna have to see them cede some control to a real football man to run operations and change the culture of this team from top to bottom before I become a true believer.

Needless to say I'm not holding my breath
and that's what Jerry does really well. he milks what he has and maximizes money. then he resets, generates HOPE and cycle begins again. people on this board may switch sides on who/what they like and arguments continue.

so he is already doing it. HOPE for 2025.

I don't have hope. this past playoff just too the wind from my sails about Cowboys. last year, the year before we lost. but it didn't bother me as I thought SF was the better team.
but we were better than GB and we just didn't show up. took it for granted. didn't seem interested. panicked. weren't ready. and that goes for coaches, QB, WRs, RB, OL, DL, LBs, safties, CB....all of them.

so I am not interested in 2024. I am not interested in 2025. unless Jerry steps away as a GM.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
It’s a little screwed up because he’s the reason they don’t win in the playoffs. There’s absolutely no way they should pay Dak at this point, but asking these players to win playoff games ‘or else’ when the roster simply isn’t good enough seems like typical Jerry. Pass the buck and find any and all scapegoats. Learn how to build a D that doesn’t get run over. Bring in legit tackles and LBs. The same dam issue that’s been plaguing this team for decades now boils down to these 3 guys? lol
First off they should never have extended Dak. Instead they should have been looking at potential for trade. But they didn't and compounded the mistake by extending him and then to add the final bit of insanity they gave into his no trade clause demand.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
First off they should never have extended Dak. Instead they should have been looking at potential for trade. But they didn't and compounded the mistake by extending him and then to add the final bit of insanity they gave into his no trade clause demand.
Worse than the Great Train Robbery.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
All you need to do is go back and watch the Green Bay game. You won't care if these guys are ever seen again.

Big_D

Reaction score
Aaron Donald is in contention for top 3 defensive players ever, definitely the best in this era. And he still needed Stafford to win.
This doesn’t say much about the Cowboys since they have largely ignored DT and there’s no one even remotely close to Aaron Donald here.

shabazz

Reaction score
I agree he’s earned an extension as it stands. Parsons can be kicked another year and if you want to play hardball with he and Dak, go for it.

But CeeDee is a top 5 WR in the league.
It took me a while to appreciate Ceedee but midway through the 2022 season he hit another gear and has kept his foot on the gas.......he's proven to me that he's got heart and toughness to go with his other skill.

He'd be the one guy I'd pay to keep.

Big_D

Reaction score

Jerry created this mess. He tagged him twice or his contract would be far less right now. Still not ideal, but much more manageable if the GM wasn't so foolish.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Jerry created this mess. He tagged him twice or his contract would be far less right now. Still not ideal, but much more manageable if the GM wasn't so foolish.
Yep and then on emotion he ran out and signed him to this current ridiculous contract after Dak got hurt.

Big_D

Reaction score
Yep and then on emotion he ran out and signed him to this current ridiculous contract after Dak got hurt.

That's another one of Jerry's moves. If a player gets hurt, it's the perfect time for a long term deal. Just makes this whole situation even stranger. Like all of a sudden he woke up? I'm not buying it at all.