The Carton Show: "Jerry Jones has closed the checkbook."

75boyz

Reaction score
Aaron Donald is in contention for top 3 defensive players ever, definitely the best in this era. And he still needed Stafford to win.
Bingo. Ding, ding, ding.

This for ALL the posters who try and minimize the impact of the QB position.
Build the TEAM around the bus driver type can get the job done, yada, yada, yada, crap...

CAPITAL B. S.

Elite quartebacking and coaching wins in this league and the sooner there's a pair of both at the reigns of these Cowboys, the sooner the playoff wins will begin.

If we never get elite coaching or quarterbacking again under the Jones family then we will never win another trophy.

Simple as that.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All aboard guys, Jerry is finally listening to someone else.

plymkr

Reaction score
I'm actually getting my hopes up for 2025 with a new HC and hopefully some drafted players that will actually contribute... but then I remember who our FO is.

I'm gonna have to see them cede some control to a real football man to run operations and change the culture of this team from top to bottom before I become a true believer.

Needless to say I'm not holding my breath
Me too. Maybe Jerry is learning that pampering these guys is not the way to motivate them. Hopefully he’s grown a spine

Flamma

Reaction score
I'm actually getting my hopes up for 2025 with a new HC and hopefully some drafted players that will actually contribute... but then I remember who our FO is.

I'm gonna have to see them cede some control to a real football man to run operations and change the culture of this team from top to bottom before I become a true believer.

There's the outside shot the Cowboys hire the Sith Lord as coach next year. Jerry gave up control to Johnson and some to Parcells. He may trust Belichick enough to do it again. But it's just wishful thinking.

shabazz

Reaction score
There's the outside shot the Cowboys hire the Sith Lord as coach next year. Jerry gave up control to Johnson and some to Parcells. He may trust Belichick enough to do it again. But it's just wishful thinking.
And the one thing we've seen with Belichick has been his abysmal drafting and personnel decisions he's made the last 5-7 years so him GMing may actually be worse than Jerry's. I think he would bring order, consequences and a great defense

I'd love to see an outside auditor size up this Cowboys management hierarchy......because the chain of command and the people in it reeks of nepotism , failure , and improper delegation of authority to underachieving nitwits.

Flamma

Reaction score
And the one thing we've seen with Belichick has been his abysmal drafting and personnel decisions he's made the last 5-7 years so him GMing may actually be worse than Jerry's. I think he would bring order, consequences and a great defense

I'd love to see an outside auditor size up this Cowboys management hierarchy......because the chain of command and the people in it reeks of nepotism , failure , and improper delegation of authority to underachieving nitwits.
I'm fully aware of how well Belichick has done lately. But any effort is better than no effort at all. Some quarterbacks have games so bad that their qb rating is worse than if they spiked the ball into the ground on every play. But we'd never actually choose spiking it on every play because the QB is bad, right?

coult44

Reaction score

What’s a real football man? Y’all could say this years ago about Jerry. But now, he has more experience and is more of a “football man”‘than 3/4 of the GMs in the NFL.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Unfortunately you are right based upon some of the comments that have been made. And like I say, there is nothing fundamentally different from this than there is cheering for some soulless corporation. "YAY! WALMART!!!" "GOOOO APPLE!!!"
Agreed lol!!

khiladi

Reaction score
Bingo. Ding, ding, ding.

This for ALL the posters who try and minimize the impact of the QB position.
Build the TEAM around the bus driver type can get the job done, yada, yada, yada, crap...

CAPITAL B. S.

Elite quartebacking and coaching wins in this league and the sooner there's a pair of both at the reigns of these Cowboys, the sooner the playoff wins will begin.

If we never get elite coaching or quarterbacking again under the Jones family then we will never win another trophy.

Simple as that.
Deion Sanders used to basically negate half the field as far as the opposing passing game was concerned, but his teams used to get smoked when he was in Atlanta.. then he played with Steve Young and Troy Aikman

_sturt_

Reaction score
I'm dumbfounded that this "Carton Show" has suddenly emerged as such a fountain of Dallas Cowboys wisdom and insight.

Please, go ahead and make the case for why, in this instance, I'm supposed to regard this person as authoritative and informed.

I'll wait.

2024-04-09_08-43-59.png.b66474a02e43feb7d71d821990185997.png

75boyz

Reaction score
Deion Sanders used to basically negate half the field as far as the opposing passing game was concerned, but his teams used to get smoked when he was in Atlanta.. then he played with Steve Young and Troy Aikman
Yeah bro,
I can lurk for only so long until the build the TEAM around a bus driver QB crowd try and make some noise.
Thats when I'll show up.
And a bunch of 'em here are long time and well respected posters that think the Jim McMahons, Trent Dilfers and Brad Johnsons of the world is the way to go at the QB position.

Its sad that its even an issue here but it is.

To each his own.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yeah bro,
I can lurk for only so long until the build the TEAM around a bus driver QB crowd try and make some noise.
Thats when I'll show up.
And a bunch of 'em here are long time and well respected posters that think the Jim McMahons, Trent Dilfers and Brad Johnsons of the world is the way to go at the QB position.

Its sad that its even an issue here but it is.

To each his own.
Dak is around the same level as those guys.