The Case for Brandon Carr

Big_D

Reaction score
As soon as he gives back the 5 years worth of salary he stole from us, sure

It's really not stealing when the GM offers it up on a silver platter with no other real skills on how to actually build a football team. Hard to blame Brandon Carr for this teams problems.

Kaiser

Reaction score
only i didn't see any mention of brandon carr being a ball hawk .does he make big plays?...what his ratio with games played/turnovers created ?
and there's a difference between a guy that can be placed at safety..vs a guy that has excelled at safety

They signed Clinton-Dix to start and he has 16 Interceptions in 6 seasons. There aren't many big play safeties in the league and even fewer that are available.

quickccc

Reaction score
They signed Clinton-Dix to start and he has 16 Interceptions in 6 seasons. There aren't many big play safeties in the league and even fewer that are available.

in brandon carr, sounds like we'd basely be getting a daryl worley like version for the sake of game experience and flexibility at nickel and some safety
with clinton dix situation, he was cut based off his performance in camp before he could even have a chance at game to perform in reg season
that tells me he got so exposed in coverage or he had to be blowing coverage assignments to such that ire the coaches at an alarming stage.to
where he simply couldn't be trusted as a starter.

visionary

Reaction score
I like the option of Brandon Carr at Safety over Earl Thomas from what we know right now. Some points in Carr’s favor –

1 – the Dallas scheme now plays deep safeties that are now closer to the CB position than the interchangeable SS/FS style the old scheme featured.

2 – Carr has always been a team leader while ET left the Ravens under ehem…..very unfavorable circumstances.

3 – Carr is very dependable, he has played 192 of 192 games in his 11 seasons. Thomas has had major injuries and hasn’t started all 16 games in five years. Carr is 34 but Dallas once thought Terrence Newman was washed up at that age and he started for another six seasons in the NFL.

4 – Carr made 6 Million for each of the last three years and would likely take less than that now on a deal that was mostly incentives. If ET chased Garrett into the tunnel to ask him to sign him, only to take the highest bid in Baltimore, it doesn’t make me think he will back off high contract demands. ET is clearly about taking the most money. We have the money, but that isn’t really the personality this coaching staff wants.

5 – ET’s play dropped off last year and plenty of CBs have extended their careers moving to Safety like Carr would in this move.

6 – Carr already played some safety last season and Darryl Worley can play safety early in the season, I don’t worry about either Carr or ET being able to step into the lineup after a game or two.

I’m still Waiting for the first intelligent post from you

:facepalm:

Kaiser

Reaction score
in brandon carr, sounds like we'd basely be getting a daryl worley like version for the sake of game experience and flexibility at nickel and some safety
with clinton dix situation, he was cut based off his performance in camp before he could even have a chance at game to perform in reg season
that tells me he got so exposed in coverage or he had to be blowing coverage assignments to such that ire the coaches at an alarming stage.to
where he simply couldn't be trusted as a starter.

That's false. The Ravens declined a team option to make him a FA five months before camp started. Unless they have a time machine, they didn't base the move on his camp performance.

Xavier187

Reaction score
The way some of these reports are sounding its a coaching job maybe

Kaiser

Reaction score
BTW, these are quotes from the Baltimore paper in the article about the team declining their contract option. They spoke very highly of Carr but had too much money wrapped up in DBs already -

Last year might have been one of Carr’s most impressive. In a secondary that was remade over the preseason and regular season, he saw time as a slot cornerback, outside cornerback and safety, a position he had little experience with. He finished the year with 49 tackles and six passes defended while playing over 76% of the team’s defensive snaps.

“Anything that you throw at him – ‘Hey, Brandon, I need you to play safety.’ ‘Cool.’ ‘I need you to play nickel.’ ‘Cool’ — he can handle all of those positions," pass defense coordinator Chris Hewitt said last season. “There’s not too much that he hasn’t seen and hasn’t been able to handle.”

Carr, one of the most respected players in the Ravens’ locker room, said after the season that the “ball is in their court” and that he wanted to continue playing. But with the front office’s big-money investment in cornerbacks Marcus Peters and Tavon Young and safety Earl Thomas III, as well as cornerback Marlon Humphrey’s looming free agency, Carr will have to continue his streak elsewhere.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports...0200318-nx5yl77olzgrrabfubaz4klciq-story.html

quickccc

Reaction score
That's false. The Ravens declined a team option to make him a FA five months before camp started. Unless they have a time machine, they didn't base the move on his camp performance.

huh? what are u talkin'' about?
i dunno understand what you're claiming as false..i'm talking about clinton dix and brandon carr's game and what could have contributed to clinton dix's release from the team,while you're talking about raven's team options, time machine.etc.
i'm talkin day, while you're talkin' night.

Aven8

Reaction score
We are gonna break the sack record. No need for DB’s. ;)

Xavier187

Reaction score
Everyone understands Carr lives in Dallas CORRECT?
The possible talks are Coaching

speedkilz88

Reaction score
FISH: source tells him that Cowboys are going to sign Carr to a veteran practice squad position to catch him up to speed.

Rayman70

Reaction score
THE CASE AGAINST HIM is monumental and much easier to arrive at. PASS.

Rayman70

Reaction score
FISH is saying that his source tells him that Cowboys are going to sign Carr to a veteran practice squad position to catch him up to speed.

omg...why? I read the Fish article, but its really a desperate move IMO.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
I thought this was an old thread.. I didn't think we'd bring back Carr? Interesting.