The Case for CD Lamb

ArtClink

Reaction score
CD Lamb might not be a generational talent, but he’s close and he's an elite receiver. He runs great routes and has a great YAC.

Besides being an elite receiver, the guy almost never fumbles! I love that about him! He looks like he’s carrying the ball a little carelessly but he rarely fumbles.

He has also been extremely durable and is beginning to be in his prime. He is a difference maker and about the only playmaker on the offensive side of the ball. He deserves to be paid like a top five receiver in the NFL.

The Jones boys seem to think even our elite players should offer a home town discount for the privilege of playing in Dallas. Absurd.

I will side w the players 90% of the time over the fat, billionaire owners. We desperately need Lamb this season and this huge mess was created by the Thrift Boys, anxious to keep costs down while negotiating through the press lol.

You can call Lamb whatever you want, but he deserves to be paid what the market says he’s worth, not what Jerry or select Cowboy fans think he’s worth. And if your body was at risk every Sunday, you’d wanna be paid what the market pays.

I hope the deal gets done, but Lamb deserves every dollar he can get. After all, his career could be over in one play.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Jones boys seem to think even our elite players should offer a home town discount for the privilege of playing in Dallas.
Lamb will end up with a contract around $34M to $34.5M a year. The Cowboys offered him $33M per year. Does that qualify as home town discount? It's not. Especially in Texas with no income taxes.

But I agree with everything else. It's easy to make the case for Lamb. Yes he is elite, stays healthy, doesn't fumble, deserves to be market value, runs great routes, high YAC......

Everyone in here can agree with all that. I'm sure the Jones clan does as well. It's likely the extension gets done sooner rather than later.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Lamb will end up with a contract around $34M to $34.5M a year. The Cowboys offered him $33M per year. Does that qualify as home town discount? It's not. Especially in Texas with no income taxes.

But I agree with everything else. It's easy to make the case for Lamb. Yes he is elite, stays healthy, doesn't fumble, deserves to be market value, runs great routes, high YAC......

Everyone in here can agree with all that. I'm sure the Jones clan does as well. It's likely the extension gets done sooner rather than later.
The only problem with this is that Lamb and his agent may see him as generational, and feel they deserve to be the highest-paid WR in the NFL

shabazz

Reaction score
Sign Lamb, Trade Parsons for two 1's, Let Dak hit free agency

For those that consider Parsons a sacred cow, " who is the equivalent of Parsons on the Packers that put the meat to our offense"?

Not a single ALL Pro on defense

Aven8

Reaction score

It’s crazy the money being thrown around. Remember when we could have signed Dak 4 years ago for $35 million? Now WR’s are close to that…..

CowboysRule

Reaction score
CD Lamb might not be a generational talent, but he’s close and he's an elite receiver. He runs great routes and has a great YAC.

Besides being an elite receiver, the guy almost never fumbles! I love that about him! He looks like he’s carrying the ball a little carelessly but he rarely fumbles.

He has also been extremely durable and is beginning to be in his prime. He is a difference maker and about the only playmaker on the offensive side of the ball. He deserves to be paid like a top five receiver in the NFL.

The Jones boys seem to think even our elite players should offer a home town discount for the privilege of playing in Dallas. Absurd.

I will side w the players 90% of the time over the fat, billionaire owners. We desperately need Lamb this season and this huge mess was created by the Thrift Boys, anxious to keep costs down while negotiating through the press lol.

You can call Lamb whatever you want, but he deserves to be paid what the market says he’s worth, not what Jerry or select Cowboy fans think he’s worth. And if your body was at risk every Sunday, you’d wanna be paid what the market pays.

I hope the deal gets done, but Lamb deserves every dollar he can get. After all, his career could be over in one play.
The only problem is that they offered him exactly what he was worth. A deal that puts him slightly below Jefferson which is basically what he is. There was no ask of a hometown discount or anything. $33m per year. This is just another veiled post by you to bash on the ownership which is all you ever really post about.

Flamma

Reaction score

I don't disagree with you, but I don't believe Jerry thinks he should take a team friendly deal. That's just his standard operating procedure when negotiating. He does it with everyone. Romo being the exception. I just think he takes it too far sometimes. Over 1700 yards and 10 billion catches, don't die on that hill. Don't want to pay Emmitt, are you serious? There's a time and place for everything. Pick your battles. These are not the battles you want to pick.

Bagman

Reaction score

I agree his body is at risk and his career could end on one play. But why does he think that making $35 million a year instead of $33.5 million a year will change his personal risk? It doesn't. The money is still ego driven on the players part. At least the FO can partially blame cap restrictions.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Jerry can pay CD whatever amount, I don't care.
Jerry can overpay CD, I don't care.
No matter what, they have to retain CD, he is the best talent on the entire team.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The only problem with this is that Lamb and his agent may see him as generational, and feel they deserve to be the highest-paid WR in the NFL
That's all that matters these days is what the agent feels!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It’s crazy the money being thrown around. Remember when we could have signed Dak 4 years ago for $35 million? Now WR’s are close to that…..
remember he could ask for more money and if he doesn't get it he could hold out, because this is what players do a few years after signing a deal

Flamma

Reaction score
Mark Holmes was saying Chase, Bengals WR is looking for 40M a year. Go ahead Jerry, keep waiting for leaves to fall.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The receiver market got crazy and fast. Everyone was concerned and thinking about quarterback and didn’t pay attention to what was happening to receiver. I didn’t anyway.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Mark Holmes was saying Chase, Bengals WR is looking for 40M a year. Go ahead Jerry, keep waiting for leaves to fall.
Mark Holmes here and I want to thank you for watching commenting subscribing and being apart of the Jobu sports report, without you guys, as well as you ladies, YOU KNOW this literally does not work!!!

Flamma

Reaction score
CeeDee has made his case, with his play on the field.

Pay the man
He's going to pay him, or the season is screwed. Even a dumb toll collector like myself can see the writing on the wall.