The Case for CD Lamb

Cmac

Reaction score
CD Lamb might not be a generational talent, but he’s close and he's an elite receiver. He runs great routes and has a great YAC.

Besides being an elite receiver, the guy almost never fumbles! I love that about him! He looks like he’s carrying the ball a little carelessly but he rarely fumbles.

He has also been extremely durable and is beginning to be in his prime. He is a difference maker and about the only playmaker on the offensive side of the ball. He deserves to be paid like a top five receiver in the NFL.

The Jones boys seem to think even our elite players should offer a home town discount for the privilege of playing in Dallas. Absurd.

I will side w the players 90% of the time over the fat, billionaire owners. We desperately need Lamb this season and this huge mess was created by the Thrift Boys, anxious to keep costs down while negotiating through the press lol.

You can call Lamb whatever you want, but he deserves to be paid what the market says he’s worth, not what Jerry or select Cowboy fans think he’s worth. And if your body was at risk every Sunday, you’d wanna be paid what the market pays.

I hope the deal gets done, but Lamb deserves every dollar he can get. After all, his career could be over in one play.
Jerry is undermining his own team.

Flamma

Reaction score
Yeah but when guys go to the table like Dak who don’t have those extra two years they take that 55 million to the table.
It's worse than that. Lawrence has 2 low years factored in. Dak has an equivalent of 1 year at 95M plus whatever extension Dak gets. So if Dak gets a 4 year deal at 55M per, it's a total of 315M spread out over 5 years. That's an average of 63M per year. All because they pushed so much money forward. This is why it's taking so long to sign him. How do you do it? I don't think he's worth that.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's worse than that. Lawrence has 2 low years factored in. Dak has an equivalent of 1 year at 95M plus whatever extension Dak gets. So if Dak gets a 4 year deal at 55M per, it's a total of 315M spread out over 5 years. That's an average of 63M per year. All because they pushed so much money forward. This is why it's taking so long to sign him. How do you do it? I don't think he's worth that.
Daks team is taking the 54-60 to the table. Whatever is owed because of kicking the can down the road is on the front office.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why the facepalm?

You don't even know what it means!
Yes yes someone please help me for I COOGIGUY03 don't know what an obvious emoji means, clearly @big dog cowboy is the smartest person and the ONLY person that knows what this means!!! I know I'm nowhere near the smartest person on here, but dang give me some credit sheesh lol

I mean what's next, the yellow emoji with the smiley face= "You don't even know what it means" Uhhh he's :) HAPPY duh!!! lol

Flamma

Reaction score
Daks team is taking the 54-60 to the table. Whatever is owed because of kicking the can down the road is on the front office.
Yes it is. But that is why a 3rd contract is so much worse than a second. You have to decide whether or not it is worth it.

Proof

Reaction score
Sign Lamb, Trade Parsons for two 1's, Let Dak hit free agency

For those that consider Parsons a sacred cow, " who is the equivalent of Parsons on the Packers that put the meat to our offense"?

Not a single ALL Pro on defense
packers would have needed to won the sb to really get this point across. yes they beat us (soundly) and yes you want a player of micahs caliber any chance you can have one even if a team without one beat you.

blueblood70

Reaction score
All absolute Facts 33 is market it is fair its top 2 WR money lmao to you honking players should get anything they ask for ie a blank check;lol NOT that GREED HIll just took 30 all other under 32 than 30 31 AAV stats 33 is not a discount it’s FAIR

visionary

Reaction score
No WR is worth 34 million per year, period

I day trade him for a 1 and draft a WR with that pick

Aven8

Reaction score
remember he could ask for more money and if he doesn't get it he could hold out, because this is what players do a few years after signing a deal
Smart teams get ahead of it. Just like Miami just did with the Cheetah. Keep the stars happy

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
I’m over it. Stop negotiating. Trade him or he can play out his deal and go be someone else’s problem. Not worth it

blueblood70

Reaction score
Smart teams get ahead of it. Just like Miami just did with the Cheetah. Keep the stars happy
what do you mean he was on his last year and he was making 19,000,000 so yeah they paid him but offering CD Lam $33 million is getting ahead of it putting him on the 5th year option it's 17,000,000 for the year was getting ahead of it you're leaving out the fact that this agent and this player purposely didn't wanna hear any negotiations last year and waited until either jamar chase or Justin Jefferson got signed they were the hold up now they're the hold up again because they got handed a very nice deal this is all on the player now in my opinion he's getting that advice from his agent I realized he had to ask for a lot I get he wanted 35 or more million he wanted to at least match Justin Jefferson when it comes apparent that that's not working compromise is necessary in negotiations especially in sports with a hard cap league fact that he rejected it he's losing a lot of the fan base and I'm one of them I'm sorry that's plenty///

you all do this all the time you think that Jerry wouldn't sign these player for less if he could like he has no actual conversations with agents stuff you don't know about because you're not at the start you literally are not behind the scenes you don't nothing unless they want you to know but they could have these general passing conversations about where the numbers might be and guaranteed you are not getting CD Lam at $30 million that he knew he could get close to 35 this year you were not signing him early lots of players are doing this not only they asking for top money now it's no longer top five and give them a nice offer now they wanna be the man the ego comes out the Greek comes out now they want to be the second highest paid player outside of quarterback and I'm sick of it that has got to get stomped out real quick because in this type of league with the salary cap that is a big ask it's too much.

He had every right to hold out but at this point him rejecting that offer which I think everybody realizes is very fair given the fact that 31 million is your AV right now for top five wide receivers getting offered 33 and acting like it was nothing if fans are blaming Jerry you mean you're trying to build a team? There is no such thing as a blank check fans around here have a hard time understanding the salary cap and having a big budget and trying to figure out how to get 63 players under that budget it literally is tougher than you think and they may not be perfect but I guarantee they would have tried to get him for less money if they could. No way Prescott would have took it that 30 million or whatever it was people had on their mind back then it was 35 early when his agent knew where the market was headed if they did that they would have wanted it to be 3 years they wouldn't allow you to put anything in it and he would have been back in the table he'd already been paid again and he would already be over 50 that is the reality you don't think you know anything about financing and somehow you think that the front office doesn't know anything about finances if they don't have a big group of people that handle that for them that know the cap and how to structure contracts somehow you believe you know what you know but you don't know anything...

There's a reason that tyreek HILL , Hopkins ,devante ,Adams even back in the day you have Amari Cooper and you have Terrell Owens you have all these guys getting traded versus signed some of them been traded multiple times because their teams decided they weren't going to do this and go through this drama and they took the draft picks instead and really I didn't see a big change in their teams.. The fall off was not as bad as people predicted. right now Ayuk, Trent brow, reddick, and Chase unsigned. Judon traded vs signed,. Not jerry thing, a league thing