The Case for CD Lamb

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They might, but because it's after his 3rd year, the total average per year would be similar to paying him 35M a year after a 4th year.
It wouldn’t it’s still a 40 million dollar contract added to their salary. Still a lot of bread. They didn’t want to pay Higgins.

Flamma

Reaction score
It wouldn’t it’s still a 40 million dollar contract added to their salary. Still a lot of bread. They didn’t want to pay Higgins.
No. If they gave Chase a 4 year deal at 160M, you still have to average in his 2 remaining rookie years that add up to 31.6M. That's 191.6M spread out over 6 years. that's an average of roughly 32M per year.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No. If they gave Chase a 4 year deal at 160M, you still have to average in his 2 remaining rookie years that add up to 31.6M. That's 191.6M spread out over 6 years. that's an average of roughly 32M per year.
It’s but he was always getting that money. Those two remaining years make it look better on the exterior but they are still adding 160 million to their salary.

Flamma

Reaction score
It’s but he was always getting that money. Those two remaining years make it look better on the exterior but they are still adding 160 million to their salary.
Yes, but the two years lower the cap hits. Just like when the Jags paid Lawrence 55M a year. He also had 2 years left. I think his average is around 41M a year. Cap hits is what matters. Actual dollars matter to the owners.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes, but the two years lower the cap hits. Just like when the Jags paid Lawrence 55M a year. He also had 2 years left. I think his average is around 41M a year. Cap hits is what matters. Actual dollars matter to the owners.
Yeah but when guys go to the table like Dak who don’t have those extra two years they take that 55 million to the table.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The future Mount Rushmore of Dallas Cowboys players won't include either player.
I mean eventually. It’s all a cycle. Millennials and Gen Z never saw those older guys play. So it’s gonna depend who you ask. Some fans only know Romo and Dak. Some only know Dez and Lamb. No 20 year olds Mount Rushmore is gonna have older guys anyway.

blueblood70

Reaction score
CD Lamb might not be a generational talent, but he’s close and he's an elite receiver. He runs great routes and has a great YAC.

Besides being an elite receiver, the guy almost never fumbles! I love that about him! He looks like he’s carrying the ball a little carelessly but he rarely fumbles.

He has also been extremely durable and is beginning to be in his prime. He is a difference maker and about the only playmaker on the offensive side of the ball. He deserves to be paid like a top five receiver in the NFL.

The Jones boys seem to think even our elite players should offer a home town discount for the privilege of playing in Dallas. Absurd.

I will side w the players 90% of the time over the fat, billionaire owners. We desperately need Lamb this season and this huge mess was created by the Thrift Boys, anxious to keep costs down while negotiating through the press lol.

You can call Lamb whatever you want, but he deserves to be paid what the market says he’s worth, not what Jerry or select Cowboy fans think he’s worth. And if your body was at risk every Sunday, you’d wanna be paid what the market pays.

I hope the deal gets done, but Lamb deserves every dollar he can get. After all, his career could be over in one play.
Your whole post is off base because the ownership offered him beyond market value. top 5 aav is 31 he was offered 33 THAT IS CLEARLY NOT a HOMETOWN DISCOUNT OFFER,

MY CASE FOR THE TEAM,

normally what happens is contract negotiations begin & some agents/players like trayvon Diggs don't set out to gouge the ownership or stroke their egos with ridiculous demands. they're not looking for ego boosts and they got that deal done quick got top five money, no need to split fans. Diggs deal also not a HT discount its top 5 MARKET MONEY

Lamb is becoming that guy IMO, UNDER CONTRACT AND offered fair money turned it all down, losing support because that IS GREED IMO ..compromise is setting a demand, unwilling to budge or compromise, that GREED!

we already saw SINCE JJ deal DJ 27.5 and Hill 30 league AV for WR 31

but somehow Lamb won't take just under 33 to make him the second highest paid wide receiver 2nd highest paid non quarterback in the league,

.id say players like that will start to get fans to side with ownership's, I was all for CD holding out AT FIRST demanding top dollar, but top 5 money is how negotiations in sports have always worked but somehow the new narrative is " I want to be the top paid position player outside of quarterback. that not negotiating, nor shows loyalty for team as well as complete no show at camp? Daks in a similar situation, never held out always showed up and that leadership vs greed, that shows he cares about the team and teammates. No reason BY NOW that CD couldn't at least made an appearance like Ayuk and Chase but not fully practice ie HOLD IN.. so now i'm losing interest in caring at all.

let him continue this come pay be FT and be back in this same spot next year, 15mil short and tradeed off this team.. IDC anymore. If im the FO im not coming off the last offer, its beyond fair and this is all on Lamb now.. i'm sorry that's my perspective...

oh, that would take this a step further if he comes out and states he will not report for game 1, Im bringing in a Michael Thomas /JJ Shuster or the like as GM to make point. im not waiting or playing that game. Go ahead CD lose millions hurt your team over 33mil offer? !! we will adjust and move forward until you report.

blueblood70

Reaction score
CD Lamb might not be a generational talent, but he’s close and he's an elite receiver. He runs great routes and has a great YAC.

Besides being an elite receiver, the guy almost never fumbles! I love that about him! He looks like he’s carrying the ball a little carelessly but he rarely fumbles.

He has also been extremely durable and is beginning to be in his prime. He is a difference maker and about the only playmaker on the offensive side of the ball. He deserves to be paid like a top five receiver in the NFL.

The Jones boys seem to think even our elite players should offer a home town discount for the privilege of playing in Dallas. Absurd.

I will side w the players 90% of the time over the fat, billionaire owners. We desperately need Lamb this season and this huge mess was created by the Thrift Boys, anxious to keep costs down while negotiating through the press lol.

You can call Lamb whatever you want, but he deserves to be paid what the market says he’s worth, not what Jerry or select Cowboy fans think he’s worth. And if your body was at risk every Sunday, you’d wanna be paid what the market pays.

I hope the deal gets done, but Lamb deserves every dollar he can get. After all, his career could be over in one play.
NOPE the offer was market money more than fair this is plain ego stroking greed.

let him continue this ,eventually come play, be FT ,and be back in this same spot next year, 15mil short and traded off this team.. IDC anymore. If im the FO im not coming off the last offer, its beyond fair and this is all on Lamb now.. i'm sorry that's my perspective...

oh, that would take this a step further if he comes out and states he will not report for game 1, Im bringing in a Michael Thomas /JJ Shuster or the like as GM to make point. im not waiting or playing that game. Go ahead CD lose millions hurt your team over 33mil offer? !! we will adjust and move forward until you report.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
That's all that matters these days is what the agent feels!
Lamb’s agent knows the Vikings paid the best wide receiver available to them a deal for $35 million AAV. The best receiver available to the Cowboys is CeeDee Lamb. He’ll play this season, but not paying him will certainly make him disgruntled. If that’s the hill Jerry wants to die on, so be it.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lamb’s agent knows the Vikings paid the best wide receiver available to them a deal for $35 million AAV. The best receiver available to the Cowboys is CeeDee Lamb. He’ll play this season, but not paying him will certainly make him disgruntled. If that’s the hill Jerry wants to die on, so be it.
:hammer:

ArtClink

Reaction score
NOPE the offer was market money more than fair this is plain ego stroking greed.

let him continue this ,eventually come play, be FT ,and be back in this same spot next year, 15mil short and traded off this team.. IDC anymore. If im the FO im not coming off the last offer, its beyond fair and this is all on Lamb now.. i'm sorry that's my perspective...

LOL