The case for making Guyton the 2024 swing tackle

gtb1943

Reaction score
I think Richards has a lot of potential; has looked good in limited snaps. Much like Bass. but those are the only two I would want to even possibly think of starting. The rest simply have not shown enough.
Tackle is the hardest position on the O line; which is why they are always picked high. The combination of strength size quickness and agility is very rare. Especially in the NFL. Which is why so many tackles in college end up as guards in the NFL. My only fear is that the OL staff put Edoga at LT. In that case Dak better make sure his will is updated.

gtb1943

Reaction score
How many, you think?
Shoot; maybe 50 or so. The thing about OL play is that unless you are concentrating on it you only notice the real good or the real bad. Most of the time if you do not notice a OL player it is probably a good thing.

_sturt_

Reaction score
maybe 50 or so
Yep. "Limited" = understatement.

Feels like we're super anxious to assume the best of an O-lineman for some reason. I mean, being an optimist at heart, I love seeing it, I really do. If anything, fans more typicallly seem to be way too eager, imo, to pounce and beat up a kid way too early. But a Goldilocks assessment here urges us to let Oxnard play out, at minimum, before esteeming Richards as-if a plausible starting option.