The case for Pollard

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
More mature than yours. More mature than yours.
What are you, 12? Are you going to hit me next with nana nana boo boo?

Let me remind you that it was YOU that inserted juvenile crap into what was a conversation simply about football. Now own it and shut your hole!

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
What are you, 12? Are you going to hit me next with nana nana boo boo?

Let me remind you that it was YOU that inserted juvenile crap into what was a conversation simply about football. Now own it and shut your hole!
Again, you just repeat the same things I’ve said to you, come up with your own material you hack.

BTW, juvenile crap would be you completely ignoring my stats (even after you defended Zeke with stats), refused to answer my questions and responded with how “Congrats! You’ve won the dumbest post of the year award. You must be proud”. Yeah...and I started the juvenile remarks. Put on your big boy panties for once, if you have any.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
We have a 2 headed monster in the backfield. Dallas is 6-0 when Pollard has 12 or more snaps. His rookie season has tossed a wrench in the plans of opposing D's. When Moore utilizes him in different ways, it's hard to defend him.

I don't believe that Zeke wore them down. They knew Dallas would be running the ball at the end of the game yet they couldn't contain Pollard. They were still playing to win the game, as evident of the stupid 2 point conversions when they had absolutely no chance of winning with 3 minutes to play. Pollard to me just seems to have better vision, better balance and definitely more speed.
Am I the only one who realizes that without Zeke pounding the defense into submission pollard doesn’t get that lane to run thru? Why does it always have to be he’s better then him. They compliment each other. It’s simple. Also. I think it’s apparent you didn’t see that when Zeke was in the rams sold out to stop the run. When pollard came on in the second half the rams were lined up against the pass. It’s night and day the difference in how the rams played when pollard was in.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Again, you just repeat the same things I’ve said to you, come up with your own material you hack.

BTW, juvenile crap would be you completely ignoring my stats (even after you defended Zeke with stats), refused to answer my questions and responded with how “Congrats! You’ve won the dumbest post of the year award. You must be proud”. Yeah...and I started the juvenile remarks. Put on your big boy panties for once, if you have any.
:popcorn:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He certainly benefited from the tenderizing Elliott put on the Rams D all game. The kid is a really good player, but I can't put him on the same level as Zeke.
but fantasy football players on this thread don't know the difference. not sure if you have seen some of their arguments....

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not suggesting he's a every down NFL RB ... just get the kid 10/+ touches a game

My issue is the way you abused the stats to support your case. Just straight up comparing win/loss stats against each other? It doesn't take into account when and how those yards were gained. "garbage yards" are a well known phenomenon. I am not suggesting Pollard has a bunch of them....but surely 50-60 yards in the last quarter of a win can be WAY different than 50-60 in the first qtr.

\Simply comparing stats during loss and win doesn't really give us a true assessment.

It would seem that at the end of the debate, we are actually in agreement. Giving Pollard solid activity through the game keeps zeke fresh and keeps D on their toes...not just a gimmick, Pollard can solidly contribute.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I have pounded this nail for so long that my hammer gets stuck in the wood.
Why cant people understand the definition of a "complimentary" role.?
Why is this so hard to comprehend?
Why is it always Player vs player?
In this case Zeke vs Pollard, this should be very simple, Zeke is the beast the gets you to the dance and Pollard is the special guy that closes the deal with the cute chick.
This isn't rocket science, and I just cant understand the mentality of the fan base that want to choose one over the other.
Its because we / when we utilize both, that this offense is effective.
Its not one or the other,, evolve moles!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dorsett - 5-11, 192

Kamara - 5-11, 215

Pollard - 6-0, 210 (also Pollard is 22 and likely still growing or at least is not as strong or coordinated as he will be in 2 years.

but Pollard is the only one listed who wasn't a workhorse RB in college, don't know if he can carry the load

Memphis had 3 future NFL RBs on their roster.

Darrell Henderson 3rd round Rams 2019

Tony Pollard 4th round Cowboys 2019

Big Back Projected 2nd to 4th 2020 NFL draft

Henderson was terrific in college. He reminded me of a mini-Zeke (5-8, 208) in terms of style and toughness.

Side Note: I see Zeke as one of those guys that you could break the big end of a cue stick over his head and he would barely notice...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
We are in a special situation right now having Zeke, like a fat kid with a chocolate cake at lunch time.
Where are the Rams with Gurley?
Knocked the F out, that's where.
But the question was Jerry 8s stupid and only stupid owner to hand out big contract to a RB. My response was gurley got one too.

I wasn't referring to production.

And Zeke has 1200 yards. In 14 games. 5th in the league. Despite coaching and scheme holding him.back.

You can't have it both ways. Complain about coaching holding the offense back and then complain about offensive players being bad

Otherwise you are just a complainer

Number1

Reaction score
But the question was Jerry 8s stupid and only stupid owner to hand out big contract to a RB. My response was gurley got one too.

And Zeke has 1200 yards. In 14 games. 5th in the league. Despite coaching and scheme holding him.back.

You can't have it both ways. Complain about coaching holding the offense back and then complain about offensive players being bad.

The credit or blame should always fall on the men in the pit

Hard for me to blame the O coaches for this situation - they did not tell players to drop passes or fumble the ball or to draw phantom flags.

I have far more arguments with the D coaches than the O, but I doubt Rod and Kris told players to miss tackles and drop INTs or to draw phantom flags.

The coaches have been way short of great, but the players have been worse.

This team has fumbled and bumbled themselves down to 7-7.

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
None of them were as big as Zeke's deal..and how have they worked out?

Johnson is a backup now.

Gurley is a part time back.

Bell sucked this year.

Hmm...

and zekes in 4th place, 2 yards out of 3rd, I think 3/4th in TDs,

so id say as bad as the play calling and abandoning the run in 2nd halves because we get down so far, id say my point is Zeke has not fallen like the rest..as much as the haters try to point out hes not the same as his rookie year, who cares hes still producing, hes not getting hurt

..I guarantee when deals for Mcafrey, Barkley, and Cook etc come due they will have the same demands not sure they get 15 but they will get top 5 pay..its past of football you pay the stars and technically no one lives up to sports deal of that magnitude..

some fans act like oh no dont pay RBs you wont see a return , really so many overpaid QBs, CBS, and DEs as well that are making MORE then the RB heck nearly 3times at QB and they dont even get to the playoffs.. so its all the same, no difference...you pay your best players and Zeke is our best player..

CB61

Reaction score
He definitely has been underutilized this season with the exception of a few times he needs to be a big part of the game plan until the other team shuts it down? At times it's almost like this coaching staff has forgot about him in some of these games

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

You can't have it both ways. Complain about coaching holding the offense back and then complain about offensive players being bad

I bet you complain a lot about your living situation in Houston.

You made your life choices; you’re saddled with them.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and zekes in 4th place, 2 yards out of 3rd, I think 3/4th in TDs,

so id say as bad as the play calling and abandoning the run in 2nd halves because we get down so far, id say my point is Zeke has not fallen like the rest..as much as the haters try to point out hes not the same as his rookie year, who cares hes still producing, hes not getting hurt

..I guarantee when deals for Mcafrey, Barkley, and Cook etc come due they will have the same demands not sure they get 15 but they will get top 5 pay..its past of football you pay the stars and technically no one lives up to sports deal of that magnitude..

some fans act like oh no dont pay RBs you wont see a return , really so many overpaid QBs, CBS, and DEs as well that are making MORE then the RB heck nearly 3times at QB and they dont even get to the playoffs.. so its all the same, no difference...you pay your best players and Zeke is our best player..

Yep...people act like the Cowboys are the only ones with contract management issues. The Ram's are in some deep trouble. Most teams have to push the limits of contracts, you have to keep your best players in hopes of the ultimate prize. (and cue the patriots as "proof" I am wrong...haha).