The commisioner can overturn the result of a game if there is an eggregious enough error

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
No one would question that it's the right thing to do. Restart the game with 1:41 left and the Saints have the ball in the red zone.

How can you even state that the game was decided on the field? It was tampered with, clearly!

At that point, you're not even playing the same game any more. I don't see how that's a fair outcome either.

Daktozekecoop

Reaction score
Not in a million years. The League wants L.A. to be successful and to build a fan base. They want the fan support so that it helps with the new Stadium. I agree Corso, ain't happening.
This is all the more reason to argue it was intentionally not called. Mistakes are one thing. "Fixing" is quite another thing.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
But it was not decided on the field. It was the kind of call that screams fixing.

I honestly can't decide if the refs fix games or if they're just too stupid to call them properly.

That roughing the passer foul on Brady yesterday was probably the saddest roughing call I've seen in 10 years, but when you saw how Tyrone Crawford and Randy Gregory got screwed on roughing calls as well, you kind of see a weird internal logic with it.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Might as well go back and change all of the missed calls in the game before that one. Heck, the score probably wouldn't have been tied at 20 if so :muttley:

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
That was a bad call. Not only was it PI, it was a hit on defenseless receiver and it was head to head. I am not one of the "refs have it in for us" people, but man, you watch that and it makes me wonder if these games are really rigged. I don't know how 7 or 8 people watching that play, all missed it. Just doesn't make sense if the game is on the up and up.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I honestly can't decide if the refs fix games or if they're just too stupid to call them properly.

That roughing the passer foul on Brady yesterday was probably the saddest roughing call I've seen in 10 years, but when you saw how Tyrone Crawford and Randy Gregory got screwed on roughing calls as well, you kind of see a weird internal logic with it.

I think that the problem there is that the NFL has instructed officials to call it, even if it kinda looks close. The idea being that if you hit players hard enough and enough times, they will stop trying to even go anywhere near the head area. It's a legal issue for them and they want no part of that lawsuit. It's stupid, but I think that's kinda what's going on. JMO.

What's dumber though, is that the PI no call was actually a targeting call as well and they didn't call that either! I mean, there is just no excuse for the piss poor officating there.

nathanlt

Reaction score
At that point, you're not even playing the same game any more. I don't see how that's a fair outcome either.

It is a continuation of a football game, like going back in time and correcting how a phony phootball game emerged in the middle of Saints Rams. So it would correct a terrible tampering.

CWR

Reaction score
Lol, wouldn't happen in a million years. Honestly the Saints got jobbed but they didn't lose the game on the play, they failed to win it on that play.

It sucks that you have to overcome poor refs as well but as a COWBOY fan they dont get any sympathy from me lol.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Sadly, southern California would barely notice. They don't care. ;)
This is true...LA is a different town with too much to do and a ton of people that give zero shiv about foo'ball.
Dare I say, a lot of the people there think football fans are neanderthals. Now let's prep our next selfie we're going to shoot to Insta!

InTheZone

Reaction score
I wouldn't consider a missed penalty an "extraordinary act". It happens on virtually every play. The high visibility and significant timing of the missed PI notwithstanding, it remains not very remarkable.
It wasn't just any missed penalty. It was clear as day to the entire world because it's where the ball was going.

But since your definition of this act is different, what would be considered extraordinary?

erod

Reaction score
This is true...LA is a different town with too much to do and a ton of people that give zero shiv about foo'ball.
Dare I say, a lot of the people there think football fans are neanderthals. Now let's prep our next selfie we're going to shoot to Insta!
Football offends their toxic masculinity sensibilities. :laugh:

Daktozekecoop

Reaction score
Lol, wouldn't happen in a million years. Honestly the Saints got jobbed but they didn't lose the game on the play, they failed to win it on that play.

It sucks that you have to overcome poor refs as well but as a COWBOY fan they dont get any sympathy from me lol.
The crazy thing is with the Cowboy out, I basically hate football anymore for the season. :) Watching it begrudgingly. So I very much agree with you. I probably like that the Saints lost actually. But what strikes me is, the fact so many wrongs occur, so that is somehow justification for another. But I don't think that way. A million wrongs does not make a right. You have to start somewhere.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
It would be a horrible precedent to set. Are you going to do it every time a missed or wrong late penalty decides a game? There would be lawsuits and injunctions whenever fans thought they were screwed by the refs and doing this even once would open the floodgates.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Football offends their toxic masculinity sensibilities. :laugh:
Ha ha ha!
Boy, do I have stories from when I lived there full-time.
If you're in the Thick of it all, you're in for some real eye-opening shiznozz.
Humans are crazy! Especially when their crazy-ness is exacerbated by like-minded crazies.