The contracts of Tyron Smith & Dorance Armstrong are set to officially void today

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
They may be able to get a handshake deal with Tyron so they sign him after June 1

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tyron will stay, as he already said he does not plan to retire. For a team friendly deal, I will be ok with that. However still draft another OT.
Unless they really believe Bass, Richards or whoever can fill that spot decent enough. Hard to tell with this team.

Armstrong, improved a lot over his 1st 4 years, and was pretty decent the last 2. But can they find better, or the same for less. I think some tam will sign him for more than what Dallas should pay. As they usually like to draft his type pf player in the 4th or 5th round. then claim he was misused in college and they can fix him. Wait, they did that with a st rounder once as well.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We all Tyron's story. Armstrong is an interesting player. He has done well the last couple of years with the limited number of snaps he's gotten. If any team sees him as a full time starter he will get a bigger offer than the Cowboys can do. Personally I hope he does get a good offer so we can take the comp pick.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
As others have said I expect Tyron back. Armstrong someone is going to overpay for as he has really good sack numbers for a part time player. Very good special teams player too. He will net the Cowboys a comp pick and the front office will look at that as a W.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We all Tyron's story. Armstrong is an interesting player. He has done well the last couple of years with the limited number of snaps he's gotten. If any team sees him as a full time starter he will get a bigger offer than the Cowboys can do. Personally I hope he does get a good offer so we can take the comp pick.
:facepalm: :facepalm:it's free agency! It happens every off season guys that had a semi decent career with their team even if they're rotating in and not starting can get huge deals to BE the starter. He will get paid!! We all will say yup, we couldn't afford that!!

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Tyron is staying. No other team wants a part time player.

Armstrong is likely gone. He’s a valuable piece but I hope he gets paid because he deserves it.
I bet he wants a ring...and I can see him taking a 1 year deal to go chase one. Somewhere like KC that is a contender. And I would even bet he plays all 17 games...knowing he's a vital part of winning it all.

Creeper

Reaction score
Armstrong to Washington? They need DEs and Quinn like Armstrong. I like him too but the DL needs upgrades.