The contracts of Tyron Smith & Dorance Armstrong are set to officially void today

CWR

Reaction score
Tyron will stay, as he already said he does not plan to retire. For a team friendly deal, I will be ok with that. However still draft another OT.
Unless they really believe Bass, Richards or whoever can fill that spot decent enough. Hard to tell with this team.

Armstrong, improved a lot over his 1st 4 years, and was pretty decent the last 2. But can they find better, or the same for less. I think some tam will sign him for more than what Dallas should pay. As they usually like to draft his type pf player in the 4th or 5th round. then claim he was misused in college and they can fix him. Wait, they did that with a st rounder once as well.
Yeah he's gonna get over paid. I really grew to appreciate him though. He developed into a really sound player. He's was a glue guy for us. Teams need players like that. Unfortunately he's probably gonna be paid to be a whole lot more. He's capable of doing very well, but I'm not sure his production will match his new contract.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Prediction:
Armstrong signs with the Maroonskins and
knocks out Tad's brother on a QB sack. Tyron Smith
will miss the game due to injury.
The good news, enter Trey Lance. Cowboys come
back in dramatic fashion and win the game!

(Real life... I know, I know, this probably doesn't happen.
Well, except for the Smith injury.)

Rayman70

Reaction score
Both guys are goners. I think Tyron will retire. Armstrong might start somewhere for a team. Underrated guy. We underused him.

Rayman70

Reaction score
many are assuming Tyron will be back again, but I'm not so sure. I expect him to get cut and retire. I feel we will draft a LT in this draft and Tyler smith will be moved to LG permanently. Lets not forget Zack Martin. Hes 33. How much longer can he play at a high level? Might he get traded? I think this might be the draft where we draft replacements.

rags747

Reaction score
Would the Jets pay Bigly for a left tackle to protect Rodgers?

Tussinman

Reaction score
Tyron is staying. No other team wants a part time player.
Terron Amstead (whose more injury prone and not as good as a player) signed for like almost 70 million 2 years ago after getting into a bidding war. Don't undervalue the amount of teams that are looking to upgrade tackle position, especially in a situation like these were it will be shorter length so WAY less risk

Regardless I think he stays
2nd Team All Pro
There's a market for Tyron if he wants it.
If he hypothetically wanted to go to the highest bidder the option is definitely there especially for a 2 year deal to a lower-end team or a 1 year go all out for a contender. Would not be shocked if the amount of teams interested was close to double digits

Last edited:

MikeT22

Reaction score
Agree Armstrong is gone because someone will pay him. Fowler may be gone too. That would leave us with an aging DLaw, Gholston, Sam Williams, Wheat and Fehoko at DE.

Will probably need a new starter at C, LB and RB. DT and DE both need upgrades. Also OT and WR as well as a nickel CB. Not alot of ammo, late picks in rounds 1-3 and then 5th/6th round comps and 7th rounder. Probably have to do a couple of those 1-2 yr deals for aging stopgap vets.

jay94

Reaction score
Tyron will get a bigger contract then it seems, meaning if he plays every game he will likely be paid like a top 5lt, we all know he won't.

jay94

Reaction score
Agree Armstrong is gone because someone will pay him. Fowler may be gone too. That would leave us with an aging DLaw, Gholston, Sam Williams, Wheat and Fehoko at DE.

Will probably need a new starter at C, LB and RB. DT and DE both need upgrades. Also OT and WR as well as a nickel CB. Not alot of ammo, late picks in rounds 1-3 and then 5th/6th round comps and 7th rounder. Probably have to do a couple of those 1-2 yr deals for aging stopgap vets.

Yea, I don't see how we can be all in with lb/c/dt needs help. I'm least concerned about a rb, and also don't believe we have a No 2 wr, or a No 4wr, Cooks is now a 3 he will be a year older, for being so quick, his lack of separation was noticeable, it won't be getting better.