The Cowboys are better than last year, The Eagles are worse

shabazz

Reaction score
Perhaps a closer examination of what the Eagles picked-up in free agency and a thorough review of their entire draft class is in order.
Some Cowboys fans here refuse to view their own players for what they are, much less be honest about the players or front offices of other teams.

they dig in deeper regardless of the results which is really a microcosm of this country, presently.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Go position group by position group. How many groups is Dallas better at?
O-line- Philly
TE- Philly
WR- call it a push. CeeDee and AJ are close. Smith is better than Cooks at this point in their career. Gallup better than Watkins
RB- Push. Eagles are a bit deeper but Pollard is a good starter
QB- Eagles

D-line- Philly- they have a solid 2 deep rotation. Parsons is the best individual player but Philly has better overall talent and depth
LB- Dallas. Eagles have new players.
CB- I’d call it a push. Both teams have a solid group. Avonte Maddox is a better slot corner but he’s been injury prone.
S- Dallas

K- Eagles
P- Dallas
Return- Dallas

Sydla

Reaction score
O-line- Philly
TE- Philly
WR- call it a push. CeeDee and AJ are close. Smith is better than Cooks at this point in their career. Gallup better than Watkins
QB- Eagles

D-line- Philly- they have a solid 2 deep rotation. Parsons is the best individual player but Philly has better overall talent and depth
CB- I’d call it a push. Both teams have a solid group. Avonte Maddox is a better slot corner but he’s been injury prone.
S- Dallas

K- Eagles
P- Dallas
Return- Dallas
Fair assessment. I'd give the edge at WR to Philly just because I think your top two are better than our top two but yeah, dropping in the 3rd WR one could argue a push.

A lot along that DL is riding on how the young DTs develop (Carter/Davis for Philly, Smith for Dallas). Philly has more margin for error though as they have Cox still and two young talented guys compared to Dallas having jack squat and hoping Mazi Smith can be a plug and play impact guy.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
O-line- Philly
TE- Philly
QB- Eagles

S- Dallas

K- Eagles
P- Dallas
Return- Dallas
Philly TE better as a starter, but Dallas TE's better as a group. I don't think they have anyone at TE if Goedert goes down. We seen that last season somewhat.
QB based on a good year by Jalen, a bad year by Dak. That could flip in 2023. But yeah for now Philly.
CB, not so sure it is a push. Adding Gilmore, I give Dallas the edge there but a slight edge.

Pretty much agree on everything else.

blueblood70

Reaction score
We upgraded our biggest weaknesses last year -- DT, WR2 and CB2.

The Eagles? They got Jalen Carter, who will not replace Hargraves production for at least a couple years. And Nolan Smith, who is a duplicate of Reddick. You're not playing two 235 DE at the same time.

Meanwhile, they lost both starting safeties, their best linebacker, their best starting guard. Both coordinators. Five key players for them are over 33 (Slay, Cox, Johnson, Kelce, and Graham). Hargraves was their best D player, the entire glue. They have 2.25 wide receivers, one who could break in a strong wind. Their QB got paid.

AND, the Georgia stuff just might be too cute. Get a bunch of young, immature players who are bros from college and bring them to big city. Tell them they are Super Bowl locks. Heap praise on the Eagles all off season. Recipe meet disaster. Not to mention the history of Super Bowl losers.

They still have a great roster. But so do we. Best one since the 90s. We're better today than last year. And the Eagles are worse, despite what Steven A. Smith and Colin Cowturd and Chandler Random say
finally a Cowboys fan shows up in a Cowboys forum not bleeding green.,,.whather true or not its supposed to be how we talk Cowboys up not down and lift our leg on our most hated rivals..

its never how it appears on paper and im truly sick of al the eagles talk here and everywhere else... dream teams are for paper champions. It will be be settled on The field. heres to you Beagles!! :espn:

Sydla

Reaction score
oh so this isnt an eagles forum?
These posts crack me up.

Philly is a rival. They won the division. They were in the SB. They are are prime competitor this year. They were better than us last year. Most people outside of Dallas expect them to be one of the best teams in the NFL again this year. They are the team to beat to get to the SB next year.

So no @#$%, they are going to come up a lot on a Cowboys board when you are discussing our team, our chances for success, what mountain we need to climb, etc.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

The Eagles? They got Jalen Carter, who will not replace Hargraves production for at least a couple years. And Nolan Smith, who is a duplicate of Reddick. You're not playing two 235 DE at the same time.

Meanwhile, they lost both starting safeties, their best linebacker, their best starting guard. Both coordinators. Five key players for them are over 33 (Slay, Cox, Johnson, Kelce, and Graham). Hargraves was their best D player, the entire glue. They have 2.25 wide receivers, one who could break in a strong wind. Their QB got paid.

AND, the Georgia stuff just might be too cute. Get a bunch of young, immature players who are bros from college and bring them to big city. Tell them they are Super Bowl locks. Heap praise on the Eagles all off season. Recipe meet disaster. Not to mention the history of Super Bowl losers.

They still have a great roster. But so do we. Best one since the 90s. We're better today than last year. And the Eagles are worse, despite what Steven A. Smith and Colin Cowturd and Chandler Random say
Good post......

blueblood70

Reaction score
Philly TE better as a starter, but Dallas TE's better as a group. I don't think they have anyone at TE if Goedert goes down. We seen that last season somewhat.
QB based on a good year by Jalen, a bad year by Dak. That could flip in 2023. But yeah for now Philly.
CB, not so sure it is a push. Adding Gilmore, I give Dallas the edge there but a slight edge.

Pretty much agree on everything else.
Dak in his down year dropped 40 on philly just like PM did in the SB that allegedly vaunted D who played too many B/U qbs last year, got ran over , all the eagles DL/F7 talk, howd that go adding lindell and SUH and our fans bragged that up to that overrated line did what for them? against who? who exactly did that damage ? KC used a RBBC and WRBC and beat philly.. Hurts Got to FEEL what dak does at times no matter what you do you cant win if the d cant stop the run or your O cant run and you become pass happy.. PM was hobbled as well and no sacks LOL him running on one leg and down the middle a few time for big yards says it all.. not saying the eagles aren't good but their greatness is severely overrated , that run to the bowl was though NY and a 4th string qb for yet another hobbled team IN SF.

we easily beat the NYG MN or a SF team Philly faced and philly..that my Cowboys fan take and ill be happy to wear my homer colors proud.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
The Eagles will be better than they were last year. The team is loaded and the best team in the conference.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Well on paper maybe ...... But the Eagles were surprisingly good last year because the QB turned the corner ...... Now let's see if he continues or loses a step ....... And we have to see if McCarthy's offense can gel with this unit and hide our flaws.

Sydla

Reaction score
To me, the biggest question facing them is if there is any drop off given they lost both coordinators. Sometimes, change like that can cause some issues.

Ken

Reaction score

All of this and didn't even mention losing both Coodinators.

OC is a loss...DC...he was in over his head IMO but I don't know how it is considered a plus until an unproven one shows it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

I agree. It could work but everyone freaking out is premature. Eagles benefited off a crappy schedule. And the gap between the Eagles and Cowboys wasn’t that big last year despite what Eagles fans will tell you. I think we shortened whatever gap that was there.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
To me, the biggest question facing them is if there is any drop off given they lost both coordinators. Sometimes, change like that can cause some issues.
Eagles fans don’t seem to think so especially when it comes to Gannon who they scapegoated for their SB loss. I’d imagine they are in the same boat that we were in with Kellen. Could hurt. Could be a positive.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. That is far better than we get from some of our own fans.
I still think the Eagles take a step back, but agree the potential for a year or 2 down the road looks good.

I am still mixed on Dallas' draft, but after reading and looking it closer, they could be a very good upside to it as well.

Also I feel both teams go as the QB's go. Hurts improved a lot, but can he keep improving, or was that his best as everything went very well. But how big is losing his OC going to be, as well the DC is gone as well.
Was Dak's INT's an anomaly or did he he regress or pretty much at his ceiling. Which I believe he is. He needs a team around him like Hurts had last year, and looks to have on offense again. Except need to see how the new OC does.

As for Dallas I still say we have addition by subtraction with Moore gone. But need to see how MM does as well. They still have OL issues, but it may work out, if all stay healthy.
I am concerned about RB though. Pollard is not the answer, but I hope he can be.
Our defense will be better, no doubt.
You got the crux of the debate in the middle section of your comments. When the season started last year I kept saying to my Philly faithful, "Yeah, but you're still limited with Hurts." That aged terribly. And, I said that believing our QB was firmly a top 5-10 QB. I'm just hopeful of that now.

It will be interesting to see if Hurts regresses given the coaching changes. Always depends on the principals involved and sadly there's the potential for him to continue to improve. See how the Giants offensively are starting to look somewhat organized with Daboll and Josh Allen didn't seem as sharp without his previous O-coordinator. Some coaches certainly can make a difference.

Sydla

Reaction score
Eagles fans don’t seem to think so especially when it comes to Gannon who they scapegoated for their SB loss. I’d imagine they are in the same boat that we were in with Kellen. Could hurt. Could be a positive.
Gannon was kind of a putz. Some of the "records" on his watch were pretty sad. He was stubborn with his zone defenses even when QBs kept picking them apart over and over and over. I think in 2021, Philly had some weird stat where like 7 QBs had completion percentages over 70% against them or something like that.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The Eagles will be better than they were last year. The team is loaded and the best team in the conference.
here "they come" those people in here just dont get "It" ignored

Loaded ON PAPER , Overrated much.. yup.