The Cowboys are tied for the 2nd most Super Bowl Championships in the last 29 seasons

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
So believing in different ways the team can be improved are not supportive? Does it matter if some believe we need say a different owner, GM, HC, OC, or DC? Or maybe even all of the above? If that is what a fan believes is needed for the team to improve they are not supporting the team because some view it as whining and complaining. Good to know.

Again if a user says that they think the team needs this or that but otherwise has some positive things to say that's what this and every board is all about. What I've been talking about are the users that ALL the do is whine and complain about EVERY little thing. That they don' allow for a player to have a bad play or game or for coaches to never make a bad decision and that just doesn't happen yet they will forever whine and complain that a play, player and/or coach isn't perfect. There never was and never will be a player who doesn't have bad plays or games or coaches that never make mistakes yet these whiners and complainers don't get that. All they see is they weren't perfect so they whine and complain.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
To answer your 1st question I've been to probably 500 sporting events from NFL, college, NBA and MLB. The only other thing I have with your comment is what you're saying is those that do nothing but whine and complain should be able to do that without being called out on it and if those that don't like it should just allow them to do that and find a different thread to comment on. In other words it's OK to whine and complain all of the time but not OK to call them out on it. The way I see it is those that do nothing but whine and complain that hijack those threads with their whining and complaining. It just sounds like you make tolerances for the whiner and complainers but not for those who don't like seeing it all the time.
Not at all but then it becomes personal in that you lower yourself to their level. I’d recommend rising above it like Jumbo has in this thread.

I think your underestimating the rest of us who recognize the habitual complainers.

I would have had much more applause for your efforts in this thread if you had supported Jumbo’s original post and narrative adding your optimistic view.

Much like Jumbos last post he offered why he was optimistic not bashing others that weren’t.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I look at what their intent is. You see whining and complaining and I see someone who wants the team to correct issues they believe are prohibiting the team from being successful, whether I agree with it or not. And if I don't agree, I would argue their point. You would argue with the poster.

For example, some people complain about TWill. I like TWill. If they don't like TWill because he is a body catcher, I will make an argument that body catching doesn't matter. He could catch with his feet for all I care. Ultimately, they feel like the team would be better served if we had a better #2 receiver and I would feel TWill is just fine. You would just complain that they are complaining.

No, no, no. The whole reason for this or any board is to do what you said. What I've been talking about are the users that do NOTHING but whine and complain and never say anything remotely close to anything positive about the Cowboys. Users that say something like all the problems with the Cowboys is because of Garrett and then their next comment is all the problems is because of Jones and then their next comment they say it's because of the OC or DC and then their next comment they start to pick on players. Nothing but complaining. That's not looking to improve the Cowboys it's just whining and complaining. Those users probably wouldn't be happy even if the Cowboys scrapped everyone and started completely over.

Proximo

Reaction score
This crap is so misleading... this team hasn't sniffed a conference championship game in 20 yrs.

We were definitely “sniffing a conference championship game” in 2014 and 2016. That’s 2 out of the last 4 years.

I’m as salty as anyone about the lack of recent success, but we really don’t need to embellish like that.

Sydla

Reaction score
I've said this before. I have to listen to the pecker fans here every day since moving here and I hear about their 29 years of frustration but during that time the waiting list for tickets quadrupled during those lean years. So don't say there aren't fans that support their team in lean years. Yes every team has their complainers and I'll bet they also have fans that get sick and tired of the same users doing nothing but wine and complain. My guess is they whine and complain about a lot of things and that's just who they are, whiners and complainers.

Nice strawman.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Not at all but then it becomes personal in that you lower yourself to their level. I’d recommend rising above it like Jumbo has in this thread.

I think your underestimating the rest of us who recognize the habitual complainers.

I would have had much more applause for your efforts in this thread if you had supported Jumbo’s original post and narrative adding your optimistic view.

Much like Jumbos last post he offered why he was optimistic not bashing others that weren’t.

Again nicely put. But this does nothing about those that do nothing but whine and complain. They will still be doing nothing but whine and complain. By not commenting on them it's not going to possibly change the way some may look at things. By calling them out and if only a single person that does nothing but whine and complain decides to stop doing it all of the time it will be worth it to reduce their numbers by 1. If it's pointed out enough maybe more will stop doing it. ( I can always hope).

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
No, no, no. The whole reason for this or any board is to do what you said. What I've been talking about are the users that do NOTHING but whine and complain and never say anything remotely close to anything positive about the Cowboys. Users that say something like all the problems with the Cowboys is because of Garrett and then their next comment is all the problems is because of Jones and then their next comment they say it's because of the OC or DC and then their next comment they start to pick on players. Nothing but complaining. That's not looking to improve the Cowboys it's just whining and complaining. Those users probably wouldn't be happy even if the Cowboys scrapped everyone and started completely over.

I fail to see the users who think all the issues are Jones, then all the issues are with Garrett, or all the issues are with the OC. I see posters who think Jones, Garrett and the OC are all issues, but not that each is responsible for all issues.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I fail to see the users who think all the issues are Jones, then all the issues are with Garrett, or all the issues are with the OC. I see posters who think Jones, Garrett and the OC are all issues, but not that each is responsible for all issues.

They may not comment on each group every day but one day they will say it's Garrett and then the next day it is Jones and so on and so on.

Sydla

Reaction score
They may not comment on each group every day but one day they will say it's Garrett and then the next day it is Jones and so on and so on.

A total exaggeration. Most of those that have issues with the franchise have been fairly vocal that the problems are spread around the front office (in other words, the Jones') and the coaching staff.

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
I don’t think this matters to me, the Pigeons have 1 the last 2 years we don’t so yeah.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Many have lowered their standards because it’s been so long since the Cowboys have done anything. I’ve seen the team compete in 7 Super Bowls winning 5 of them. I was fortunate enough to witness one of those Super Bowls in person at the Rose Bowl in 92. My standards will always remain the same, I want to see the team reach the Super Bowl and win it. Just getting there isn’t good enough for me. A Super Bowl loss just adds another bad memory that I don’t want to reflect back to. A Super Bowl loss is a nightmare. You wake up the next morning from it and it hurts even worse. I’m sure a lot of the younger fans see it differently.
Why do you tie winning a SB to the only thing acceptable? You have near impossible stardards and just setting yourself up for disappointment. I saw the Cowboys beat the Dolphins in the SB too and every Cowboys playoff game since then. Getting to the playoffs is so hard and just going deep into the playoffs is enough satisafaction for me. A Conference Championship and SB appearance is just gravy. Setting your expectations that high is just greed. It's great to get that far but you should never expect it. So basically your problem is greed. Congrats. :p

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Yes, but the last one I have on one of these..
th
I showed my 20 year old son this the other day and he said. "Is that and 8 track tape?" I said, "No but close."

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A total exaggeration. Most of those that have issues with the franchise have been fairly vocal that the problems are spread around the front office (in other words, the Jones') and the coaching staff.

Note the dealings in complete and unsupportable generalities.

There is not a single poster that "whines and complains" and "hates everything" about the Cowboys.

You know it.

I know it.

And deep down, even this guy knows it. He just wants control of the narrative. He wants the degree of criticism to somehow match his own, as if that's the template for the "proper amount" of angst and frustration a fan should have.

"I don't like everything either, but I like "X" amount. But you, you dislike even more than I do, so you're a complainer."

DFWJC

Reaction score
Interesting slant on pulling long past data:laugh:

Hey, if so many want to go all the way back 20 some years to max out a negative statement, then dropping back a few more year should be fair game.

If you're gonna go back that far, then people should be honest and include the bad and good

I think for me, the current era is about 7-8 years.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Constant whining like you do does no one any good. Except for other constant whiners. You can try to bring me down to build yourself up but it won't work. I know my way is the better way to be.
Dude, you are whining more than anybody else right now.............do you have anything to add to the topic or is every post of yours going to be more crying about posters?

Like I said in a previous post, nobody gives a dam what you think of their post history.........you think anybody cares?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Yeah for band wagoners.

You do know what the definition of a band wagon fan is right? Its a fan that only roots for winning teams.

Maybe you have not been keeping up with current events, but this team has not won chit in over 20 years.

THERE ARE NO BAND WAGONERS LEFT!!!